It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Midnight Game"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There are a couple reasons for this thread...

1. I want to know if anybody has heard of or played this game.

2. If you have heard of this game, who/what is the midnight man? Is there a story behind this spirit/demon?

3. Will you try it? (if you are under 18, get permission from your parents)

Here is what I stumbled across, I cannot lie, I am intrigued...

How to play the Midnight Man Game w/ rules

It is highly recommended that you do not play the midnight game, however here are some instructions for thrill seekers. Do at your own risk;

1. It must be exactly 12:00 AM when you begin the ritual, or else it will not work. You will need;

Candles
Paper and Pencils
A wooden front door
Salt
A pin needle
All the lights in the house off

Step 1: Everyone who is playing the midnight game must write their names on a piece of paper, then use a pin needle to drop a single drop of their blood onto the paper

Step 2: Place the paper in front of your front door. Your front door must be made of wood.

Step 3: Light a candle

Step 4: Knock on your front door exactly 22 times. (Note: The 22nd knock must happen at 12:00 AM or the ritual will not work.)

Step 5: Open your door, blow out the candle, and close it. You have now summoned the "Midnight Man". Immediately relight your candle

Step 6: Your goal for the rest of the game is to survive the Midnight Man. Everyone who plays must walk with their candle lit around the house, avoiding the Midnight Man at all costs until the clock strikes 3:33 AM. At which time the Midnight Man will leave. If your candle blows out on its own, it means the midnight man is near, and you have 10 seconds to relight your candle. if you fail to relight the candle in 10 seconds you must surround yourself with a circle of salt and wait until 3:33 AM. If you fail to surround yourself with salt in time the Midnight Man will attack and you will have hallucinations of your worst fears until 3:33 AM.

Signs that the Midnight Man is nearby:
* Your candle blows out
* You suddenly get very cold
* You hear a low whisper
* You see a black humanoid figure within the darkness

WARNING:
* DO NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S BLOOD ON YOUR PAPER
* DO NOT STAND IN ONE SPOT UNTIL 3:33 AM, THE MIDNIGHT MAN WILL FIND YOU
* DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FALL ASLEEP DURING THE MIDNIGHT GAME
* DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE DURING THE MIDNIGHT GAME
* DO NOT USE A LIGHTER OR ANY OTHER LIGHT SOURCE IN PLACE OF A CANDLE
* DO NOT TRY TO TURN ON THE LIGHTS DURING THE MIDNIGHT GAME

* AND DEFINITELY DO. NOT. TRY TO PROVOKE THE MIDNIGHT MAN!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I have not heard of this particular game before, but it sounds alot like the things my friends and I did at slumber parties to scare the bajeezus out of ourselves. Bloody Mary comes to mind. Never did see her but we sure had alot of fun trying.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Interesting!

I'm getting a whiff of BS, but I'm trying to keep an open mind, and the thought is intriguing. I've messed with Ouija boards and whatnot, but never this game. It would actually require friends.
(Hell no am I doing that alone!)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Yeah, bloody was the shiz... But I know the story behind bloody Mary, and at least why it's supposed to work... Kids these days are too lazy to even come up with a good back story. Lol

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

Lol... It was a good enough challenge to peek my interest/awake the child in me... I want to do it, but it would most likely involve a few drinks these days, and therefore the results will be altered and invalid lol

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This sounds about the same as a Quija board:

9 times out of 10 it's just a funny game. But when it works, God help you

P.S. Any time you're using blood to summon things or using candles and salt to guard yourself from it, it's probably not a game if it does work.
edit on 25-4-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So you post a 'game' which you yourself have not tried?
That's very brave of you.

Imo any 'ritual'/'game' using blood would be dumb and asking for trouble, call it a mothers common sense...

but good luck with your 'game'.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I was curious about the origin of the game... But would also be interested in hearing first hand experiences as well. Also I have done my share of these games as a kid. I never came across this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why does your door have to be wood?
*checks door*

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I have no idea?

I know nothing about this game, I'm intrigued and seeking first hand knowledge at the moment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Because a metal door would be harder to pin a note on?

ETA Or Freddy Krueger's knives would screech and spark too much?

edit on 25/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 I'm too scared to play. Interested to read of others results though.
It might be an idea to leave an address so we know where to send the ambulance. Just a thought.
edit on 25/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I actually thought about trying this out but lack the candles and my wife most likely wouldn't go for it.

I remember playing bloody marry as a kid in an abandoned apartment building. One of the guys I was with freaked out and ran out of the building and wouldn't go back in. He never did say what happened.

Since I can't find a ghost box/radar that I can run on a computer, maybe this would be the next best thing lol
I'm kidding though.
This kind of game is a mind freak.

If I wanted to do something like this I would just go do some meditation and see who decides to pop in on me.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Be very careful of any blood rituals, period.

It's the intentions that surround the rituals, and for years blood rituals had negative connotations attached to them.

If I were to perform any type of ritual it would be one that would resonate with who I am, and not some random game that is thrown about for giggles.

Example: Would you leave your front door open and post on craiglist to an unknown entity to come to your house?

Peace Out,

RT

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Be very careful of any blood rituals, period.

Hahahahahahaha - ok sorry but I couldn't resist - your choice of words is too funny ....

But yes I agree with Realtruth... You're asking for trouble...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

HOLY CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
You Have Officially Managed To Spook Me With That Post!
WHere on earth and/or in hell did you learn that!?!?!?!?!?!
Wait! No Don't Tell Me...
Just never spook me like that again.
A little more warning next time in you thread header! TY!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Listen to: "Fedo" (Do They Know Its Christmas Time) By: "Band Aid"
The midnight game. You must sing to him of the fears of such torment, and not of your foolish fears.
Be very mindful of the whole song, lyric wise. But remember first the very first verse.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Side note...don't leave the bloody pieces of paper with the names on them outside the front door, unless you really, really want to freak out the paperboy in the morning.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
did a little research (google) on this game just to see what the back story was and its said that this "game" was used as a ritual to summon The Midnight Man to punish rule breakers in Pagan religions long ago.
But then again this game/ritual was also said to be made up by the people at paranormal x , so the back story probably holds no credibility .
Sounds like a good game to play at a party if you want to get spooked though .

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Haha dam If only I knew about this game when I was a kid would have been so awesome/freaky to try with friends at a sleepover

Would be interested to see if anyone comes on here who's tried it and told us what happened

new topics

top topics

join