It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a "Paid Shill"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well said sir, stay strong. I have long been trying to bring reason to this site. Part of me sees it as an attempt to help people who may be mentally ill to some degree or just very gullible. Sometimes it gets frustrating though. Getting called a disinfo agent, a sheep, yadayada just because you don't believe some random #ty youtube video uploaded anonymously without proof of anything or whatever else kinda get annoying after a while. Sometimes I have to take a break for a few weeks or more.

For those who believe almost everything they read on this site just because it fits in with their world view or they want it to be true, especially all the doom and gloom predictions, there is no better way to realize the vast majority of the stuff here is fiction than to simply take a break from the site. Don't visit for a few weeks or months and see what happens. When the NWO doesn't take over, FEMA doesn't send you to a death camp, WW3 doesn't start, Yellowstone doesn't blow, "disclosure" doesn't happen, aliens don't invade, a comet doesn't hit earth, etc you'll realize this site spreads a lot of paranoia for nothing, just think about how many predictions of said things happened while you were gone and were obviously utter bs.
edit on 26-4-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow, man.
Have to say, y'know...there's like a lot of hatred and mistrust going on out here, man. Ya know?
If we could only channel that anger and hatred in some way, man.
Like....I dunno, reveal our real names and addresses, arrange a place for us to all meet, shake hands, look each other in the eye....and then kill each other.
Bring weapons of your own choice, man. Hey, it's your democratic right.
Last man or woman standing wins. Truth may not prevail, but an ideaology will. Even if it is the idealogy of a shill.

My weapon of choice will be absence.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Elbereth

Originally posted by tallcool1
what is more likely, a misidentified aircraft light or an alien ship that has somehow travelled thousands of light years to visit our insignificant little rock?

A breathtakingly limited characterization of the UFO phenomenon.

The only problem is, that to a certain extent, he actually does have a genuine point.

Mind you, before you begin foaming at the mouth at me as well, understand that it is also worthwhile to examine his assumptions. The most important of said assumptions, is that an extraterrestrial craft has to travel thousands of light years the old fashioned way, purely according to our conventional understanding of spacial travel. Even according to our own conventional thinking, such an idea is largely obsolete at this point; theoretical physics is full of ways in which a smart or ancient ET race would be able to overcome the light speed and straight distance questions.

As such, he does have a point; but again, only according to, and within the context of, his specific assumptions. So we don't need to attack him; we can just suggest that he possibly needs to update his thinking. His thinking is perfectly sound according to what he does know; it just isn't sound according to what he doesn't.

That is very well said, Petrus, and I agree with your assessment of my assumptions - even though you aren't really agreeing with what I believe. I will freely admit that there are endless possibilities that could explain the why and the how of extraterrestrial visitation. If these aliens have somehow mastered a way to travel at faster than light speed without killing themselves in the process, or have found "wormholes", "stargates", or some other form of interstellar shortcut (or are able to create these theoretical shortcuts) - then perhaps we are being visited. I would be quite excited if it were proven without a doubt that we were being visited (unless the visitors were hostile), but to my very limited human understanding it is just not likely. That's all I am basing my current belief on, but my beliefs may change in the future as many of my other beliefs have done.

One thing that does get me thinking, however, is the "fascinatingly disturbing thought" as is explained by Neil deGrasse Tyson. If you have twelve and a half minutes - especially us skeptics - I would watch the following. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing now, skip to about the 7 minute 30 second mark in this video and watch from there. While I still don't think we are being visited, Neil really gets me thinking with this. The way he describes this in a simple to understand way just makes me
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

That's really funny. You are assuming that you are correct in saying that the NWO is not going to take over, when in fact, the NWO all but has it wrapped up, and even those proponents of the NWO in the world have admitted in their own words that it exists. All that's left on the cake is the icing. Or maybe you just didn't believe Barack when he said he feels that everyone should have "a stake in the kind of World Order" he believes in and believes we want it as well. Or maybe you didn't believe Bush Sr either when he said "We will be" successful in bringing in the NWO. Many powerful people have spoken it, and why won't you believe them? What would it take for you to realize how engineered most of the wars and economic downturns are? Also, you seem to think that TPTB are on your timetable, judging by your comment about staying away for a little while and then coming back to prove your theory that the NWO does not exist because it "hasn't happened" yet. Perhaps it was happening the whole time and you just never noticed those bars going up around you. I am speaking of such Orwellian apparatus as traffic cams and video cams everywhere recording everything and GPS being able to track us everywhere and black boxes in our cars and at the ISP, Draconian laws designed to limit our freedoms, crackdowns on free expression, children being arrested for seemingly insignificant acts, economic sabotage, and many other things that seem to appear just as if it is mandated by evolutionary trends of technology. Someone invented RFID so that means we have to put it in all our clothing right? It means we have to have it in our passports right? Someone invented biometrics and so we have to have it in the airports right? Or do we? Why must we have those horrid death scans and let TSA put their hands all over us? Is that the kind of world you would like to live in?
edit on 26-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I have said much the same at times.

Look, fifty years ago, if someone made a "spectacular" claim all that was required was a picture, video, or recording of said event. Nowadays, even that is not sufficient. Why? Technology.

My question to "skeptics" or "non-believers" is what would be convincing evidence to you?
edit on 26-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Well said sir, stay strong. I have long been trying to bring reason to this site.

You failed.

Seriously - if you're joking here then never mind, but if you're serious then you need to know that you've lost all contact with reality.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I have said much the same at times.

Look, fifty years ago, if someone made a "spectacular" claim all that was required was a picture, video, or recording of said event. Nowadays, even that is not sufficient. Why? Technology.

My question to "skeptics" or "non-believers" is what would be convincing evidence to you?
edit on 26-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

I know that this question was not really directed toward me, but as a skeptic myself I would say that the answer really depends on the specific question. If you are asking what would make me believe in:

Aliens - I already pretty much believe that there must be aliens out there somewhere.
Alien visitation - a very public landing covered by most major media.
Ghosts - actually seeing one myself up close.
Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti/Skunk Ape/etc. - I believe they probably exist and just haven't been found yet.
God - admittedly contrary to my skeptical nature, I do believe in God & Jesus - just not this jealous, judgemental, petty God that most churches preach about. Also - there is no Hell. We all go to Paradise/Heaven/whatever you want to call it. Even atheists.

I know I'm leaving a bunch of other stuff out, but for the most part I would need absolute undeniable physical proof of things to believe in them. For the most part.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
I would be quite excited if it were proven without a doubt that we were being visited (unless the visitors were hostile), but to my very limited human understanding it is just not likely. That's all I am basing my current belief on, but my beliefs may change in the future as many of my other beliefs have done.

Although I don't have hard proof, I spent the majority of my teens experiencing vivid, recurring nightmares about the Greys, some of which contained elements described by David M. Jacobs. I only found out about Mr. Jacobs' book in the last two years or so. This was also coupled with extreme (as in, physically rigid) fear, reminiscent of PTSD; to the point where it caused me to become largely nocturnal, even to this day, because back then at least, I never felt safe sleeping before sunrise. So I feel probably 85% certain that I've been an abductee; at least once at around the age of 5, and possibly on subsequent occasions.

That being the case, I also probably have an unusually open mind to the idea that certain governments do have a somewhat larger amount of information about UFOs than they are willing to disclose to the public.

One thing that does get me thinking, however, is the "fascinatingly disturbing thought" as is explained by Neil deGrasse Tyson. If you have twelve and a half minutes - especially us skeptics - I would watch the following.

That video was extremely interesting, definitely. I would certainly agree; to a large extent, it's illogical to assume that ETs are necessarily going to be anything like us, even if that has more to do with cultural differences rather than intellectual.
edit on 26-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Correct me please, but I did not see where he said he was paid. I thought he said others said he was, and that is why he used "Paid Shill" in the title.

No? Yes?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you're not getting paid good money and get free living, like say, in upper end housing in San Diego, you're working for the wrong agency. If you want to make the big bucks, let me know. At least you will get free money to do what you already do. Like I said, let me know and I will put in a good word for you. Not like anyone will believe any of this anyhow.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is something new I'm seeing, this "paid this" or"paid that." Think about it though. It doesn't darn well matter, because there are plenty of morons and teenagers and plain spastic posters who will derail a thread or post junk just to get some attention or some other low reason.

As far as threads "getting in the way, well this website, the big ats, is all about ignorance because it has a policy that requires users to use the exact headline. Headlines are written to be sensational and get clicks, and so they are twisted and exaggerated to the point of becoming a lie.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My question to you is, why do you care if you're called a "paid shill"? why do you feel its necessary for you to clear your name? Do you honestly believe that the people who call you a paid shill are going to read this thread and feel any different towards you??? Ive come to realize that on ATS people are going to have different stances and beliefs on all sorts of topics, and at times you will be called a genius, dumb*ss, a shill, a disinfo agent, an uneducated *****, etc. ultimately, who cares what another person on the internet thinks of you? Lifes too short to respond to name callers...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

i can relate. a lot of times (like now in another thread) i refuse to subscribe to a dualist view in one direction or the other, "mainstream" or "conspiracy"-oriented, and realize there is a 3rd possibility.
whenever i try to present something of the like (often with the explanation that divide-and-conquer tactics are WORKING on the members here) i'm attacked, usually by the more conservative or mainstream members.
they try to put words in my mouth (which is hard to do in a thread i would think because what i wrote is still right there) and make me out to be a crazy conspiracy theorist when all i've tried to say is "you say black, they say white, i'm seeing a grey area that should be looked in to".
i applaud you for having a realistic and scientific outlook and being open minded, a true individual in a sea of insta-side-takers.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

To me, what you are saying here is "Deny Ignorance" the true intent of the board. You can't find the truth without exposing lots of lies. That's a good thing.

As to those who blindly accept false idea's, even faced with proof, they only hurt themselves. Living in a fantasy world makes a person a victim.

Real Conspiracy does exist and it's often exposed here, but very few Conspiracy Theories are true and most of what we talk about here is wrong. Only those who accept that can even begin to uncover the real ones.

Then there is politics, a drug that induces madness in all who participate. It makes honest people lie, rational people act insane and turns freinds into enemies. It's best taken in small doses.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Like ive said before, Opinions arnt facts. But when you state your opinion like it is true fact you are spreading disinfo.

You remind me allot of my cousin, hes 27 and still beleives in angels and ghosts, but he wont admit they could be anything but divine, even though he has brain damage and can barely read a clock, he will never beleive what i say because he is just way too brainwashed. Not saing you have brain damage, just that you sound allot like him, blindly following the common concensus while ignoraing all the facts that contradict your own beleifs.

But thats the magic of this site, even if i took a picture of myself shaking the hand of a real alien, you guys are so adimant that aliens dont exist that you literally cant even compute even for a second in your brain that it "could" be real, and you will attack it with any "logic" you can think of simply to protect your own beleifs and ego.

The problem is though, that many of us beleive in aliens more than any of your religous faiths can ever provide, simply for the fact that we have seen them with our own eyes. Its pretty straight forward. Why would i beleive your faith based off something no one alive has ever witnessed, vs the 5 ufos ive seen with my own eyes?

And that is why we call you "disinfo agent" or "paid shill". Simply because we know they exist, not through "faith" but through first hand experience. And your "opinions" can never change what we already saw. But you still call us all liars, So obviously you are the liar.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join