It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anicent astronauts in movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've noticed a great number of movies happen to use the Anicent Astronaut theory for Movies & Television as central themes. I'll try to list as many as I know/seen, if you can add to the list, please do so, there might be a movie or 2 I missed

Stargate movie & television show
This one everyone should be familiar with. A team of spec ops travel thru a portal system discovered in anicent Egyptian ruins to other planets

My favorite: Battlestar Galactica (RDM series)
Recent incarnation of the classic 1970's series has mankind traveling the stars to flee the cylon race. In their travels, they end up finding Earth, 150,000 years ago.

Moontrap
This movie stars Walter Koenig (Chekov from Star Trek) as an astronaut that travels to the moon and discovers an ancient building

Timewalker
Archaeologists fond a previously hidden chamber in King Tut's tomb, inside is a mummified alien

I will add to the list in a few hours, gotta take the dog to the vet.
Feel free to add to this as well

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Moon trap, damn dude I gotta thank you, Ive been trying to remember that movie for some time, I wanted to rewatch it, lol.

Don't forget video games as well, they are loaded with Ancient alien stuff, Mass Effect series, Halo, etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Glen A. Larson creator of Battlestar Galactica was Mormon. They believe God is from a planet called Kolob which was inspiration for the planet of Kobol in the series...In case you didn't already know.

The New Movie Prometheus will have this theme on Ancient Astronauts in spades so add it to your list along with Any StarTrek you like.
edit on 25-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Stargate was probably one of the most underrated and overlooked movies of its time when it first came out, it was refreshing that it received it's own TV series.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree, I have it and the entire collection of SG-1. I don't have any to add though, I will keep track as I now have more movies to watch.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I forgot to add Alien vs Predator, they went to an ancient temple buried in the antarcic

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I remember seeing it in theater. It was amazing. When the stargate first opened you could have heard pin drop. I loved that movie. I bought it twice on VHS and now on BD. One of my favorites.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I remember seeing it when I was stationed in Alaska, thought the headpiece shrinking down was amazing, cutting edge spfx

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ok by now you must have noticed that i'm a movie geek,so i'll contribute with :

Quatermass and the Pit
and
Tribulation 99: Alien Anomalies Under America
and
War of the worlds
and
2001:a space odyssey

Also if i remember correct there is a brief reference to aliens being here on ancient times in the first Predator film.

Star Trek the original series season 2 episode 2 "Who mourns for the Adonais?"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am a closet Stargate geek! I love that show, but haven't seen all the movies yet... I will Netflix them now.

Any way, I have often regarded stargates primary story line as something that is rather plausible. Ancient beings leave behind small pieces of their technology on earth expecting future generations to uncover them and activate them... BAM, you have a Stargate, whoa!!!

Let's not forget the original Starwars. The opening lines read, 'A Long time ago, In a galaxy far, far away'.
Is a slight reference to ancient aliens from the beginning. Even George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have said they use many alien theories in their movies.

Overall, IMO, ancient aliens are a part of our life. Evn though it may never be totally mainstream, the influences of ancient astronaughts theories can be seen through out the entertainment industry.

Cool thread, homer.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That was pretty sweet. They did a great job at making it feel right. Well to me anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The last archeaological Han Solo and the crystal skulls had the ancient alien kick.

2001 kinda sorta had an ancient alien thing to it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Prometheus is the one that all Ancient Aliens lovers are waiting on

It is the name of the Greek god that would be akin to the biblical Satan, who really was on the side of humanity. Not sure if many others have made that connection yet....and the scientists in the movie (according to the trailer) are seeking the origin of mankind.

June 8th is the release date.

I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Don't for get that movie, The Fourth Kind The aliens spoke sumerian (spl?) Definitely Ancient.
Of course the lame Transformers referenced ancient aliens.
Mission to Mars, and The Fifth Element were two others.
Good thread Homer, it never occurred to me their were so many references.
S+F
TXML

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by txMEGAlithic
Don't for get that movie, The Fourth Kind The aliens spoke sumerian (spl?) Definitely Ancient.
Of course the lame Transformers referenced ancient aliens.
Mission to Mars, and The Fifth Element were two others.
Good thread Homer, it never occurred to me their were so many references.
S+F
TXML

Yep...in The Fourth Kind, the aliens spoke sumerian; plus did you catch where the woman was screaming "Oh help me god!!" and the alien said "I am god".

I caught that, because gods and aliens are the same thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

A verry groovy thread brings back loads of memories.

Also hows the dog?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Glen A. Larson creator of Battlestar Galactica was Mormon. They believe God is from a planet called Kolob which was inspiration for the planet of Kobol in the series...In case you didn't already know.

The New Movie Prometheus will have this theme on Ancient Astronauts in spades so add it to your list along with Any StarTrek you like.
edit on 25-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I too have heard this. Could this be the glaring reason mainstream Christianity thinks Mormons are not Christian?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yeah Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull left a bad taste in my mouth

Oh I forgot a movie!!!
Hangar 18, when they were deciphering the alien's tech, they discovered they were here in the past and worshipped as gods

ETA This is the part I thinking youre talking about in The Fourth Kind:

edit on 4/25/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I think Mormonism and Scientology are almost akin

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

aww thanks for asking, she's okay, was getting a laser treatment for a lick granuloma on her left rear paw

edit on 4/25/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join