It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul will need to endorse Romney at some point for Rand Paul's sake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Zero chance of happening. Why are you and people like you so ignorant? Ron Paul will not be supporting Mitt. You can take that to the bank, it's a done deal, it isn't happening, not for Rand, not for anyone.

Ron Paul will endorse the Libertarian candidate or run as a 3rd party candidate. Posts like these show you have little concept of what is going on and what has gone on in the past. For someone lurking around these forums and posting semi often in political forums, you seem to lack common sense or have any concept of reality. Ron Paul is a man of integrity with a record of 30 years opposing everything Mitt stands for, this will not happen.

I will delete my ATS account if it does.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How about Rand for Romney's VP??

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Another wannabe-demoralizing shill who thinks anyone here is stupid enough to pay attention to msm.
Shouldn't you be on farts.com?
People are talking here.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Pauls are a brand. The appeal to a certain demographic. They do not do mainstream because that would ruin the loyal following they have, small though it is. Everything the Pauls do is to protect that brand and the money and support it provides. The Pauls do not want the White House that would ruin the brand but, they have no problem using it as tool to keep the donations flowing. And that is what it is all about.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
The Pauls are a brand. The appeal to a certain demographic. They do not do mainstream because that would ruin the loyal following they have, small though it is. Everything the Pauls do is to protect that brand and the money and support it provides. The Pauls do not want the White House that would ruin the brand but, they have no problem using it as tool to keep the donations flowing. And that is what it is all about.

Hey listen, because your candidate is a crook, doesn't make everyone so. Ron Paul was doing his best to over come corruption and fight for freedom long before his first presidential run. You think he was planning for 30 years to vote in favor of the constitution 100% of time for an opportunity 20-30 years down the road to maybe receive campaign contributions and you believe that this man has voted in favor of freedom in order to raise money, lmao. I know it's a conspiracy site, but get with it. The man has done what he has done, because those are his beliefs and he is a principled man. It's not some 30 year long plot. Here's a straw, grasp at it.

I know, you voted for change that doesn't exist, get over it and move on.

edit on 29-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
...despite the propaganda being flooded here by Paul supporters.

You are aware of what propaganda is, right? Propaganda is the spreading of half-truths, or lies, or just generally misleading information. Tell me, what half-truths and lies have been spread? Really, I would like to know what's going on here.

Anyways, Paul himself has come out stating that he has no intentions of doing anything specifically for his son. He quite clearly stated after the rumor that he was making a deal with Romney came out that he is completely confident in Rand's abilities, and believes that Rand doesn't need his help.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
Why would anyone even suggest this? First of all how would it help Rand Paul ? He isn't part of the inner group they haven't offered him anything.

This is completely untrue
Research something called "American Crossroads"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

Why do people like Rand so much?

He's a spoiled, pompous ass and not Ron Paul Jr.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As an avid supporter of Ron Paul since 2003, if Ron Paul EVER endorses Romney for anything, I will rip the Ron Paul bumper sticker off of my truck.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
This is what I believe, Ron Paul evidently doesn't have much of a chance to the GOP nomination despite the propaganda being flooded here by Paul supporters. Romney will be the nominee, he is far ahead in the delegate count (and there is little reason to say those delegates will switch at this point) and he has the money and power backers to boot. Ron Paul is going to have to make a tough decision sooner or later, whether to continue running and resisting support for the GOP, or to eventually cooperate ending his chances of running for the presidency again all for the sake of Rand's prospects for the nomination in the near future.

Think about it, I have little doubt that Rand Paul will seek the presidency at some point. I don't think his father will do him much credit if he and his supporters continue to run against the agenda of the mainstream GOP. Rand is going to need support from the GOP higher ups if he is to have a chance to the presidency, he will also need the cooperation from other segments of the GOP. What Paul does in these elections will follow Rand in the next. I'd like to know what Paul supporters here feel about this? Would you be prepared to support Ron Paul dropping out of the race for the sake of Rand Paul in 2016 or 2020?

Earlier I speculated that Paul will be on the shortlist of viable GOP vice presidential candidates, but if that doesn't pan out, this may be another reason for Paul to seriously consider dropping out.

This deserves being dragged back up because you are pretty much correct and where the first person I saw call this, such a shame but now atleast I see a reason behind it?! ( I know Rand has shown the support but his Dad hasn't stepped up and said otherwise this add to the OP's theory!)
edit on 17-6-2012 by DigitalKid because: x

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I guess some of the people on this thread owe a RATHER large slice of humble pie to the OP also!!!

Interested to hear the same peoples views now Rand has come out and OPENLY supported Romney while Ron goes into hiding?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've been waiting to see Paul on CNN today, and when the host asked Paul whether or not he would support Romney he quite literally said "No way."

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin
I've been waiting to see Paul on CNN today, and when the host asked Paul whether or not he would support Romney he quite literally said "No way."

MAde a thread about it. In this Forum.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join