It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ron Paul will need to endorse Romney at some point for Rand Paul's sake

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is what I believe, Ron Paul evidently doesn't have much of a chance to the GOP nomination despite the propaganda being flooded here by Paul supporters. Romney will be the nominee, he is far ahead in the delegate count (and there is little reason to say those delegates will switch at this point) and he has the money and power backers to boot. Ron Paul is going to have to make a tough decision sooner or later, whether to continue running and resisting support for the GOP, or to eventually cooperate ending his chances of running for the presidency again all for the sake of Rand's prospects for the nomination in the near future.

Think about it, I have little doubt that Rand Paul will seek the presidency at some point. I don't think his father will do him much credit if he and his supporters continue to run against the agenda of the mainstream GOP. Rand is going to need support from the GOP higher ups if he is to have a chance to the presidency, he will also need the cooperation from other segments of the GOP. What Paul does in these elections will follow Rand in the next. I'd like to know what Paul supporters here feel about this? Would you be prepared to support Ron Paul dropping out of the race for the sake of Rand Paul in 2016 or 2020?

Earlier I speculated that Paul will be on the shortlist of viable GOP vice presidential candidates, but if that doesn't pan out, this may be another reason for Paul to seriously consider dropping out.




posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


He will not because he's a man of principle. He won't sell out.
2



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ron Paul may or may not win but thats not important. What is important is that the people are waking up and demanding the world they deserve. Ron Paul was and is a reflection of who we are and what we want and is a small sign of the up coming super revolution generation. In the next 20 years do you think people will be voting for lying rich morons like Romney and company? Very much doubt it.

Mitt Romulan

edit on 24-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Why would anyone even suggest this? First of all how would it help Rand Paul ? He isn't part of the inner group they haven't offered him anything. Even if that were the case Ron Paul is not going to surrender his principals on the alter of money and power. This is not about an election or crooked politics to line his pockets. Anyone who suggests it is lacks the understanding of what is going on.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have a good feeling about it this time, I think he may actually be beating them at their own game, and this may in fact be the end of American imperialism and globalism.
3rd.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I find it so amusing how Ron Paul doing so well and picking up momentum when it matters is driving these threads. The GOP diehards still do not understand the bigger picture.

This thread just goes to show how you're still blinded by the partisanship and the nearly indistinguishable party lines (sans some social issue differences).

Ron Paul WILL NOT endorse Romney and the BIG GOVERNMENT machine that he represents.

If you're a true conservative and not just buying into the FOX BS, you would understand that Romney is about as conservative as Obama is pro-American.

Amazing what a "Conservative" (propaganda buying Republican) has become.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
In the next 20 years do you think people will be voting for lying rich morons like Romney and company?]


Yes, you suffer from ATS insulation bias. Most people I meet in everyday life think Paul is a kook. Those who don't just don't know who he is yet. The GOP has done a splendid job of marginalizing him and if son tries they will do the same to him.

You are brave SG, prepare for the hatemail, death threats and flames from the Paul Vanguard.
edit on 24-4-2012 by antonia because: added something


And don't insult Romulans like that.
edit on 24-4-2012 by antonia because: added something

edit on 24-4-2012 by antonia because: opps



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Why would anyone even suggest this? First of all how would it help Rand Paul ? He isn't part of the inner group they haven't offered him anything.


At this point Rand Paul has only assumed the senators position for what? some 2 years and abit? It's going to take alittle longer before he can grow the support he needs within the party. Why wouldn't Paul's actions in these elections affect his son's prospects? Say Romney does lose towards the end of the general elections, and we find that the vast majority of Ron Paul supporters did not support Romney. What makes you think Romney and his ilk will just forget this, move on, and then support Rand Paul's run in the future? What about Romney supporters and their views on the Paul's after this? I think it will be a major factor.


Even if that were the case Ron Paul is not going to surrender his principals


If Ron Paul has principal then I have to wonder what he is doing in the Republican party in the first place considering the actions of the established in that party all these years? Because there is a limit to just how faithful he is to his principals, he is part of the republican party for the sake of convenience. We'll just need to see what he'll do in the coming months.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive
 


SG is pretty far from Conservative. Are you new around here?



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
In the next 20 years do you think people will be voting for lying rich morons like Romney and company?]


Yes, you suffer from ATS insulation bias. Most people I meet in everyday life think Paul is a kook.


Maybe we live on parallel earth's from Paul supporters Antonia? Most of the die hard conservatives I've met don't appear to be fans of Ron Paul and it's either for two reasons. They think he is a kook, or they don't know him all that much. In contrast Rand Paul has been doing a good job in coming off as more as more of a moderate, everytime I see him at some gathering, he comes off to me as somebody slowly crafting his character for a future run. I have no doubt that his plan is the run long term, but what his father does in these elections will greatly affect all his efforts for a future run.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Are you suggesting that Rand Paul can't make a career in politics without daddy greasing the skids for him? That's quite an insult and although it might be true for some of the current batch of congresscritters, they wouldn't have my vote anyway.

Ron Paul is running to be our president, not his son's springboard.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian


Maybe we live on parallel earth's from Paul supporters Antonia? Most of the die hard conservatives I've met don't appear to be fans of Ron Paul and it's either for two reasons. They think he is a kook, or they don't know him all that much. In contrast Rand Paul has been doing a good job in coming off as more as more of a moderate, everytime I see him at some gathering, he comes off to me as somebody slowly crafting his character for a future run. I have no doubt that his plan is the run long term, but what his father does in these elections will greatly affect all his efforts for a future run.


Probably because we talk to a wide variety of people and not just those who frequent these boards. If Paul had widespread support he would have won the primary. I don't think RP is over though. He's playing the delegate game so he may yet cause a stir once the convention comes around. I don't think he will get the nod, he will cause enough of a problem to demand concessions for the more libertarian wing of the party I think.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


If he compromised and sold out what would be the point. People are sick of the status quo. Ron Paul will never endorse Obomney



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Are you suggesting that Rand Paul can't make a career in politics without daddy greasing the skids for him?


No, I'm saying that Ron Paul can greatly influence his son's prospects to the GOP nomination in future, whether it be positively or negatively. This is whether Rand Paul likes it or not.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
]

No, I'm saying that Ron Paul can greatly influence his son's prospects to the GOP nomination in future, whether it be positively or negatively. This is whether Rand Paul likes it or not.


I actually agree with you on this point, but I don't think he will endorse Romney. I think he just won't do a third party run if his delegate game doesn't work. That will be the bone he throws to the GOP.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
nobody wants to be Mitt's running mate......check the news.
Ron will not under any circumstances support Romney.
Ron is a Libertarian running as a Republican because most of you only know of two parties and you
have to vote for one of them.
Mitt is going to lose and lose big and the people in the know, know it. he will make Walter Mondale look
good.
The only reason not to like Ron Paul is because he isn't Che Chavez to the extreme liberal base.
and he isn't for useless, pointless, wars which pisses off the extreme Karl Rove, Rush loving Right.
He is the only candidate, in god knows how long, that truly sees the value in freedom.
You gay haters don't want that......you environmental terrorist don't want that....you abortion clinic bombers don't want that....you war lovers don't want that.....you social welfare lovers don't want that....there isn't a special interest group out there that wants Ron Paul because with freedom comes choice.......and you dumb people don't want choice......you want to be told to drive 55 and wear a seatbelt....you want the government to take care of you and make your choices for you.....and take your money and give it to the foreign puppet de jour.

I have made it clear in other posts that I am a capitalist loving, oil loving, Christian. and I voted for Obama to keep Sara Palin out of the White House.......I have no regrets in that.....I don't have to vote for Obama this year because Mitt has no chance what so ever.....I can write in Ron Paul if I have to, and I will......I always vote for America first before my own individual interests.......(Mitt would be better than Obama for me personally by a long shot by the way.)
I say all this so I am not accused of being some mindless shill for Ron Paul. I am an attorney, I am familiar with the Constitution and am quite fond of it........

[SNIP]

 


Mod note: Removed uncivil comments directed at other members.
edit on 4/25/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Are you suggesting that Rand Paul can't make a career in politics without daddy greasing the skids for him?


No, I'm saying that Ron Paul can greatly influence his son's prospects to the GOP nomination in future, whether it be positively or negatively. This is whether Rand Paul likes it or not.


You're too used to sell out candidates. Ron Paul hasn't gone against his principles or his word in 30 years and he says he's in it to win it so you can believe that. WILL he win it? The fat lady hasn't sung yet, the question is what song will she be singing.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
The only reason not to like Ron Paul is because he isn't Che Chavez to the extreme liberal base.
and he isn't for useless, pointless, wars which pisses off the extreme Karl Rove, Rush loving Right.
He is the only candidate, in god knows how long, that truly sees the value in freedom.
You gay haters don't want that......you environmental terrorist don't want that....you abortion clinic bombers don't want that....you war lovers don't want that.....you social welfare lovers don't want that....there isn't a special interest group out there that wants Ron Paul because with freedom comes choice.......and you dumb people don't want choice......you want to be told to drive 55 and wear a seatbelt....you want the government to take care of you and make your choices for you.....and take your money and give it to the foreign puppet de jour.


Quoted for truth. Key point: "Special Interests"

To quote a movie: "Can't you see?"

Thanks, Res!



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
SO..Im bored,,have no friends so I am going to try to attemp to make a logical point but i cant because Im stupid and POST 2 ANTI RON PAUL POSTS BACK TO BACK... NO ONE RESPOND TO THIS POST AND IT WILL DISAPPEAR



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


I do not think Ron Paul will endorse Romney I think he will stick around and then run as a 3rd party/independant. Afterall he is independent, running in the Republican primaries.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join