It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army to cout martial pregnant Lynndie England.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
being reported that Ms. England delivered a baby boy.
it's a shame now that she may end up being separated from child if she ends up having to serve time for actions in Iraq. I feel sorry for her child and her family.

I understand your sentiments, however I don't quite think that having a mother like that is an advantage for any child. Secondly, the damage that she and her cohorts did to any credibility that the US military had in Iraq? I don't believe that it can ever be repaired. and finally (3) think of the social and emotional damage that they did to those poor Iraqi men - they were degraded absolutely taking into consideration their moral value system. I feel for them. I feel for her baby. As for her could I feel for Dr Mengele, not really.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yup, Mynaeris, and the enemy is so worried about moral systems.

Regardless, the fact that we have an M.P. that tarnished the M.P. in such a manner, acted without any regard of professionalism and got pregnant in a combat zone is fodder for another topic, but the notion that she should be allowed to hide behind the infant is ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This woman and others made mistakes. It upset me of course, because it gave fuel to the Ant-war protesters. But she is getting punished. If anyone feels that she should not be able to start a family or move on with her life, after serving her sentance, Shoud support the death penalty for anyone who breaks the law.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snagltooth
This woman and others made mistakes. It upset me of course, because it gave fuel to the Ant-war protesters. But she is getting punished. If anyone feels that she should not be able to start a family or move on with her life, after serving her sentance, Shoud support the death penalty for anyone who breaks the law.

Let's pretend it was your husband/wife that was naked and being dragged around on a lead, laughed at and photographed? Would you feel for her?

Now remember she was basically the good time that was had by all at the prison. She wasn't coerced or forced into any of her activities, she went ahead and did it. Kink is fine between consenting partners, when other than that it is torture. We want our soldiers to be given some respect. lets show them some.

Finally if she serves out her sentence then she has paid her dues to society, but should she have a baby so she doesn't have to pay them? NO. Simple - she made her choices and now its time to deal with the consequences.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Let's pretend it was your husband that jumped out of the WTC rather than burn alive.
Let's pretend it was your little girl that Husseins' soldiers shot because she waved at a U.S. soldier as the rolled into town.
Let's say it was your entire family that was horribly gassed by Husseins' goons simply because your family was Kurdish.
Let's pretend it was your brother who was fed into a plastic shredder because Hussein thought he was a rival.
How about your daughters being raped by Hussein's sons because, well, just because they could, and could do it with impunity.
Have you seen any beheadings?
You know, maybe being led around by a leash for the camera isn't so bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thomas Crowne: So you are saying we should be treating them like that? That if you were in her shoes you would have chosen the way she did? we must lead by example.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mohandas T Gandhi

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No, I never said we should do as they do. You are well aware that I did not say that. If you also notice, I made it clear that she must be punished, period.
As far as leading, we do. You know that. I'm saying this, before you bleed all over yourself for some of the worst of the worszt who was imprisoned there, put things in perspective.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
OK OK I stopped bleeding. However I do think she is as bad as some of the worst of them. Truly I expect some pretty bad things from them, but for someone like her to do these things in the name of the US it goes way beyond anybody's deluded perspective of duty. And being Abu Ghraib staff whore was definitely not part of the contract.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well.....

is it any suprise?

These kind of people give the image to the world of an "evil United States"; they should be brought to justice.

-wD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I understand the things that they did are needed to be punished for. I also am wondering how we can punish them and let others who admit to crimes (John Kerry and any others) during war or peaceful times go. I know there is picture proof on Ms. England. There is personal record from Mr. Kerry of his self and of others with no criminal charges. Do you feel this is a double standard?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Rant, I agree with you completely. She certainly didn't have gang bangs all by herself. And it was a long time before anyone heard the name of the other woman in some of the photos. I bet hardly anyone can name the men, but everybody sure knows Lynndie. None of them should get off. (anymore than they apparently already have!). She wasn't the mastermind of the abuse. She wasn't in charge. She isn't more or less guilty, but just as guilty. So why is it all about her? People are too swayed by photos. If it had all been done in print, we'd see the other names more. And we'd definitely see the men's names more.

As for this being a case for abortion, that is absolutely absurd. By the time the child is old enough to pay any attention to this crap at all, it will be long over and England will either be still serving time or out and gone into the backwoods of nowhere, if she's smart. And I don't know how the military is stocked on Morning After pills, but I'm betting it wouldn't have been an easy thing to get over there.

They are all soldiers. They are all guilty. They should all be sentenced equally. She's being singled out above all the rest. If they had exposed different photos without her in them, everybody'd be yelling about someone else. They picked a good scapegoat. Hang her and give the others a tap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join