It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Government Think We're Idiots?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The title of this post pretty much sums up the topic.

This has been bothering me for a long time and I would like to hear what others have to say about this subject. For example: We have the Roswell incident. One day they say they captured a "flying saucer" and then the next they say it was a weather balloon. Now for its time maybe it was a good coverup, but then fifty years later they say it was an experiment involving crash test dummies.

The Pheonix Lights are another great example. Hundreds if not thousands of people witness the triangle formation of lights that stayed motionless for several minutes and yet we're told it was flares.

Some can even bring up 9/11 as a good example as well. The twin towers fall in a demolition like precision, that is if you choose to believe that (which I personally do) and yet we're told that planes hit the towers thus causing them to fall. Even the Pentagon having been struck by a "plane" is odd as well with one small hole and yet people hear the Government's cause and some believe it, why others don't.

In some respect I can see why people believe the Government coverups, some are quite good while others are just blatantly idiotic. Is it because the UFO topic isn't taken seriously by many people so the coverup isn't worth covering up properly, but if so why? The questions are endless and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about this.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Maybe because so many act and react like idiots? Maybe it's because it's so easy to manipulate the masses? Beats me. Most days I think we're idiots too.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Because we are lol

Actually its simple... like parents that let their kids walk all over them and don't spank them or hold them accountable for their actions those children grow up with no respect and cannot be controlled and wind up in jail or worse, the government is our child... we allow them to lie and cheat and steal from us yet we say "well its our government and they mean the best" or "they aren't all bad" or "well I'll just wait it out because surely they will get some common sense"

We need to spank the crap out of our government, and the people need to rule it with an iron fist.

When the government fears the people then the government governs for the people.

We fear the government, we allow the government to control our lives.

I really don't think that it matters anymore, we have raised a homicidal maniac of a kid who has murdered thousands and stolen billions and has drugged itself to the point of suicide, we have allowed it to have the weapons to kill us and itself and because it has no disipline it really looks like it will.

thanks
edit on 23-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Maybe because so many act and react like idiots? Maybe it's because it's so easy to manipulate the masses? Beats me. Most days I think we're idiots too.

I agree, sometimes I think most of us are idiots.

I'm not talking about spontaneous blondation moments either, I'm talking about it being a lifestyle that the individual isn't even aware of.
edit on 23-4-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's probably because they put stuff in the water, food, and air purposely to make us idiots.

Is it working?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Because they use sites like ats to see what is the main belief and concensus of the population. If most of the population is eating up the propagated b/s they spew out to test the intelligence of us. They note that we are not yet ready for whole truths.

So they release tv shows that question the moern belief system so that people will watch it and have food for thought. Most people just throw it aside and some actually look into the topics. Then they track how those people are treated by their peers who have researched those topics of half truths.

If those people are treated badly then the populace is considered to dumb. And more brainwashing goes into effect.

Anything else you wanna know?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I suspect that every home having at least 3 televisions might be a factor, after all if you go back to the 1950's it really became the norm for a household.

Once we hit the 70's almost every bedroom/kitchen/living room/and yes even bathrooms had a tv.
Now today we all know here at ATS that the tv is garbage and the news on the tv is garbage.
Only problem is that back then we did not understand just how much it was controlled or influenced by the government.

Today if your tv is on the breaking news flash you watch is probably about some famous person in Hollywood who hit a parked car causing 100 bucks damage....
This thread should be good for a read and then some.
To the OP S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

Its not so much that the government thinks we are stupid,but that even when the writing is on the wall like 9/11,roswell,exposed govt. cover-ups etc who is going to challenge it?? the government is faceless,sure someone might be elected as a face but nothing more everything is all going on behind the scenes,its blatantly obvious
but they still refuse to comment on it or give some BS answer that doesnt mean anything!Be transparent about issues like these,imagine if the US govt came out tomorrow and said yeah this really happened at roswell and gave a truthful account!,people would favour governements more if they were honest about issues rather than covering them up or insulting our intelligence!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you can't wonder them with wisdom, then baffle them with bull Sh@t.....

The government makes me

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep. And into our heads too on the airwaves. Or is that what you meant?

Not a lot of real nourishment left anymore for the body, mind, or the soul unless you actively and constantly seek it out and attempt to avoid the rest. And even then you're just labeled as "odd" because more and more people just aren't bothering...for a myriad of reasons. We know the drill. And the score.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

In this OP, you have provided no evidence whatsoever to the contrary. If you want to prove that you are not an idiot, then provide some sort of proof, other than simple hearsay, and speculation.

I can't speak for any government, or for anyone other than myself, but here is my reason:
I think that most people are idiots, because most people truly are idiots.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
An individual is wise.
A mob is irrational.

Now consider the climate in the US. We've got multiple distractions: Treyvon Martin, 911, Obama, etc. our latest news focuses on the latest Hollywood drivel.

TPTB have us distracted.

It's working.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

An individual is wise.
Some are. Some are not.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I think the evidence is quite clear. I mean obviously people weren't seeing flares in Pheonix, Arizona. Nor are people seeing the planet Venus when they see a moving object in the sky. And I'm sure people can ascertain the difference between a weather balloon and an unknown craft.

When I witnessed a UFO for the first time in my life I actually had the police tell me that it was nothing more than a flock of birds, but I haven't seen a flock of birds do maneuvers like what I saw to this day.

The point of this post is this: If the government wants us to take them seriously, even when they lie then why do they come up with idiotic coverups? I mean I came up with better coverups when I was child. I just find it shocking that if they want people to believe them then why come up with a stupid coverup?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They won't say a word about the UFO phenomena because they wanna control everything related in order to obtain tactical advantage over other countries and mantain superiority (aka, control), and also, because they know for sure there are some intelligencies abducting regularly human beings and they know they can't do # about it, meaning, again, mantain control over the population, control they could lose if they just openly state that there are abductions going on and they can't stop the perpretators.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Because majority people are idiots, and the Government will continue to pick on people because it is a weakness. People just need to be free thinkers, instead of listening and feeding off the lies... Just flip the script and make them feel like idiots.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
According to Lynn and Vanhanen, in their book "IQ and The Wealth of Nations", the average IQ of the world has gone from a mean IQ of 91.64 in 1950, down to 89.20 in the year 2000, estimated to drop down to 86.32 in the year 2050. www.fourmilab.ch...

According to "Intelligence and the Wealth and Poverty of Nations" by Richard Lynn, the United States ranks 19th out of 82 countries in terms of average intelligence quotient. Our average is 98. Hong Kong is first at 107 average IQ, and Equatorial Guinea is last at an average score of 82. sq.4mg.com...

So we're getting a bit dumber as time goes on. Keep in mind that the average IQ of the American population is 98. The accepted average is 100. That means that 50% of the American population is less than 98. Any IQ that is 85 or below is considered retarded. Think of a bell curve and how much is 85 and below.

Only 15.87% of the American population has an IQ over 115 (the upper end of what is considered normal IQ).

To answer your question, I believe the government believes that enough of us are idiots for them to get away with their corruption, and they would be correct, at least statistically.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We shouldn't need our Govt to tell us what we are seeing.

Truth is, unless they know for certain themselves, they can't talk about it [whatever *it* is], because that would be showing us that they don't know everything. They would be seen as weak-something they cannot handle. We would have more questions that they either can't or won't answer.

But yes, they should be more open and honest. It won't happen.
Bush Sr. once said to someone [I have no source for this], that ;"if they [population] knew what we [Govt] did, they would chase us down in the streets.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Kinda hard to flip a script when they have a responding script to ridicule and/or discredit, much of the knowledge and power, decades of intentional and purposeful divisive conditioning for just such occasions, and the resulting mass willing to believe if not propagate and even strengthen their stories. I don't know what it's going to take, but I'd bet that it won't be a fun ride for anyone.

edit on 4/23/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join