It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea issues unusually specific threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

North Korea issues unusually specific threat

news.yahoo.com

North Korea's military vowed a new and unusually specific threat to its neighbors, saying it would reduce South Korea "to ashes" in less than four minutes.

The statement, released Monday when programming was interrupted on North Korea's state TV by a special report, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula.

Earlier this month, North Korea was unsuccessful in a long-range missile launch, prompting worries that North Korea may conduct another nuclear test. South Korean officials say new satellite images show that North Korea has been digging a tunnel in what appears to be pre
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.websleuths.com
www.stltod ay.com
www.democraticunderground.com

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
ummmm guys am I the only one a little scared about this granted north Korea is like that kid at school who talks about everyone but never has the courage to punch someone in the face but still they sound like there actually serious about this and that they coud actually start something big here that coud kill many innocent people. But still part of me thinks that there just full of crap and are not going to do anything

lets just hope I am right

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think North Korea needs to pick up the story of "the boy who cried wolf" and give a once over...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Because they are not a threat. They have trouble feeding their troops and lighting the country. What real harm can't they really do?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The thing here that also has me a bit confused, is that just a few hours ago it was breaking that NK was threatening specific actions against the SK President.

"The target of the special actions is the main enemy, Lee Myung-Bak, and his followers, including the conservative media," said the announcement today by what was termed the "special operation action unit" of the top military command. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Was this all part of the same broadcast to NK people or are they releasing threats every 12 hours or so?

ATS Thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Good, do it. Our troops need a vacation from all the sand.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Because they are not a threat. They have trouble feeding their troops and lighting the country. What real harm can't they really do?

I think you missed the part where Nuclear warheads don't eat. There's a reason they can't feed their troops. Their troops have trouble digesting enriched uranium.

Just saying

edit on 23-4-2012 by all6ixes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by all6ixes

Yea but do you think a country is going to nuke the country next door? Seems to me there would be some kind of negative impact on North Korea. I mean besides of course the U.S. getting involved.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

It doesn't make any sense to Nuke South Korea. Maybe they are screwing with them as usual, and plan to target someone else? I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume that they aren't a threat. We also should not crawl underground like scared mice.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

They are making this threat only to save face after a huge failure with thier rocket program. They may lob a few artillery rounds over the border but that's it. They understand that to cross the border means they will no longer be in power.

They do this all the time, it's how they raise the morale of the citizens.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wouldn't need to nuke SK. just blow the dam and let nature do its thing. Could even claim an accident.

NK scares me more than Iran.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Little kim is
just postering they do
anything to south korea
they are done... There will be
no stupid hair cutted dictater
anymore. Lil kim has to make sure
he is not seen as weak. His dad has
taught him how to keep a strong arm.

NK tries anything its over for them,
all this is pure crap propaganda
coming from NK. Don't be to worried
they might throw a shell here or there
but nothing more then that.

NK knows there limits and bounds,
NK should of been taken care of long
time ago... Covering up and putting problems
under your pillow does not make it go away..

Taking out NK is the only way to make the world
safe, needs to be done...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Did none of you play Homefront...it happens...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hang on...

There was a thread earlier today, or last night, discussing this statement by NK, and I'm pretty certain that not once was it mentioned that they said they would reduce SK "to ashes".

I'm getting really sick and tired of seeing different versions of the same story depending on who translates it. I guess it depends who's interests a reporter is backing?

Also, as I said in that last thread, NK is just screaming again for attention. They are always whining and stamping their feet, using overly-dramatic words they think scares the outside world. I swear sometimes they just write down lines from the bad guys in Hollywood movies because they think that's what worries us. I'm waiting for an Austin Powers movie line in the next few years - we know they're a little behind the rest of us after all.

"Here's the plan. We get the warhead, and we hold the world ransomed for.....One MILLION DOLLARS!!"

edit on 23-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This doesn't make any sense at all
But I do know that a kid is very easy to control

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Little kim is
just postering they do
anything to south korea
they are done... There will be
no stupid hair cutted dictater
anymore. Lil kim has to make sure
he is not seen as weak. His dad has
taught him how to keep a strong arm.

NK tries anything its over for them,
all this is pure crap propaganda
coming from NK. Don't be to worried
they might throw a shell here or there
but nothing more then that.

NK knows there limits and bounds,
NK should of been taken care of long
time ago... Covering up and putting problems
under your pillow does not make it go away..

Taking out NK is the only way to make the world
safe, needs to be done...

im sorry but genocide is never the answer. what are you thinking?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A specific threat or just more posturing?

As previously mention by other members, I do not see what N.Korea would gain from such an attack. China and the USA would both be slapping N.Korea, and i'm almost certain China or any other surrounding country wouldn't want nuclear fall out billowing across their borders.

Thus North Korea would be flattened.

Not that I desire to see any of the above, i'm just trying to decipher the meaning of the topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join