It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows 'unprecedented' action against South

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is some serious and threatening rhetoric from North Korea in my opinion. But why? Their failed rocket launch and seeking to divert public focus and anger toward a foreign enemy?

Question is, could this get real?

It's not like this situation is the only major tensions seething between countries across the world.

BBC

North Korea has warned of "unprecedented" action against South Korea's ruling establishment, amid tough rhetoric between the two sides.

A special operation to begin "soon" would "reduce its target to ashes", the military said in a statement.

On Friday North Korea also held a rally calling for the death of South Korea's president, condemning his comments against the North.

Seoul said last week it had deployed more missiles against the North.

A defence ministry spokesman said the missiles had a range of 1,000km (625 miles) and could hit any of Pyongyang's nuclear or missile sites.

The North's statement directly criticised South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, the defence minister, analysts and "rat-like elements" including conservative broadcasters, who were accused of "destroying fair-minded public opinion."

The statement, which was read out on state television, said that "the special actions of our revolutionary armed forces will start soon to meet the reckless challenge of the group of traitors".

North Korean rhetoric has been getting sharper in recent days following its failed rocket on 13 April, reports the BBC's Lucy Williamson.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Blackmailing for food v2. Nothing more then that. If North Korea attacks, even China and Russia will have a hard time protecting them from NATO without WW3. And China/Russia/NATO are not interested in WW3.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

It seems to be something more than this.

Very strange language being used.

Some commentators are beginning to get concerned about this.

They actaully cut into programming to announce this action. People are starting to think there might be something to these treats. There definitely seems to be something in the works.

Some of their statements I have seen lately are very weird. Its almost as if they have discovered something new or made some breakthru.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I believe nothing until I see it, and even then.......
So many empty threats, do they really think they're fooling anyone?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
N. Korea has convinced it's people, and it's self...their threats have kept them from being attacked.

Des

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Agreed, sounds like he's using Daddy's playbook..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Agreed, sounds like he's using Daddy's playbook..

Or maybe he's wanting to make a name for himself and do what his dad was afraid to do.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think we will see a nuclear event out of this.(Major DAMES already predicted it years ago)Hunger has no conscience.NK leader is young and cocky.I am sure from their perspective since Fukishima is pissing radiation on them anyway. They are gonna get backed up into a corner and lash out. Its inevitable.IMHO.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
North Korea's military warned Monday of imminent "special actions" that would reduce South Korea's conservative government to ashes within minutes...

Ummm.... Reduced South Koreas's Govt. to ashes within minutes??? Ummm... What's capable of acheiving that? I dunno, maybe a nuclear weapon.... I would take this threat very serious if I was South Korea (and their allies), actions need to be taken against this pyschotoic kid...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Probably more threats for food. Maybe Jr is trying to make a name for himself...I remember back in 94 when I was in ROTC the instructors were half way teasing us to be ready to come back from Christmas break ready for the 90 day commisioning program so we could replace all the dead LTs there would be in Korea. Pleasant thoughts.

I do want to know how to get the job of PR guy in NK.

I want to make up statements like, "maximum destruction", "and strike in the peculiar manner that is of our choice" and, "wage sacred war against the rat's"......Good syntax

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow! Imagine if Iran said this to Israel...

Game over for them.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I still wonder if the test was a real fail or a release of something that was not observed by other GOV. forces of EA*RTH. They have a new leader so he may wish to cause his name to be written in books that may end up under water? I pray the people of that region get the support they need if some ill goes on.
edit on 4/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
NK press sounds like an echo to me.

the north Koreans don't got it like that...they can barely get a missile off the ground.

its almost as if they just let another threat and boast of military superiority bounce off of them so the world could hear it and think it is an accurate description of themselves.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well if they attempt any more shelling or some kind of attack like they did previously they are done for and it will be all out war.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, if anything if NK wants to take our aim off Iran for a bit let them... seems kinda stupid, they wont do anything substantial, they may fire a few shells at the speakers on the boarder or something similar.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
NO JOKING, I FEEL THEY HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THOUGHT OF AND ITS BEEN THE FUEL FOR THEIR AGGRESSIONS FOR YEARS. FEAR IS BLOCKING THEM FORM USING IT AND ITS NOT A FEAR OF DEATH BUT A FEAR OF LOSING WHAT THEY WISH TO OBTAIN... Some force better do better scans or put the EMP solar device in range. If only many believed in the phases of LIFE and DEATH within existence they would care more of what they consider the afterlife. SAD
Germs/viruses cause more harm then nukes that can be tracked and their plumes.
edit on 4/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The North Koreans are just pissed off that their missle test failed. The fear campaign that has been their agenda for decades lost some credibility when that happened. People need to understand the way their culture thinks. It's all about propaganda and deceit. Course, They very well could execute some sort of small scale attack like they did when they shelled that Island in order to win back some of that respect. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have been following this north korea thing pretty close. And i got thinking about the latest failed missle (or rocket) launch. The first thing that raised a flag was NK admitting the failed launch. Normaly they claim everything they do to be a success. This next part is strictly a hypothesis. What if NK did this on purpose. Did they put an explosive in there to blow it up at a certain spot and elevation. Was this a test for an EMP over SK. If you look at some of the trajectory paths and the spot that the missle failed and switched the trajectory to go over SK it would have failed (exploded) in the middle of SK. And that is why NK claimed a failed launch and it was actually a success. Would like to here opinions on this hypothesis!!!!! My first post so dont beat me up to bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jredwood301
I have been following this north korea thing pretty close. And i got thinking about the latest failed missle (or rocket) launch. The first thing that raised a flag was NK admitting the failed launch. Normaly they claim everything they do to be a success. This next part is strictly a hypothesis. What if NK did this on purpose. Did they put an explosive in there to blow it up at a certain spot and elevation. Was this a test for an EMP over SK. If you look at some of the trajectory paths and the spot that the missle failed and switched the trajectory to go over SK it would have failed (exploded) in the middle of SK. And that is why NK claimed a failed launch and it was actually a success. Would like to here opinions on this hypothesis!!!!! My first post so dont beat me up to bad.

Very interesting theory
Could do a lot of damage to SK's infrastructure, while hardly hurting NK very much....the country is pretty much dark anyway. However, it would still be classed as a major attack and would result in dire consequences for the North. Also, their threat mentions turning the SK government to ashes...which an EMP attack wouldn't do.

Welcome - very nice first post

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
...They can't even get a missle to launch when the whole world is watching (talk about embarrassing!)...I would not be that scared of these dudes, if anything...they'd bomb themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join