It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO: Not Enough Money To Handle Fukushima Nuclear Reactor 4 Problems & US in Cover-UP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.blacklistednews.com...

Bad news. Bad enough that if we don't get after this it will result in our extinction.

Now nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen who is one of the only people providing objective scientific analysis about the Fukushima nuclear fallout believes based on his analysis of the problems that TEPCO simply doesn’t have enough money to deal with the issues there.
(audio interview at link)

If that's not bad enough US has major dirt of their hands:

Documents obtained from the US government through FOIA requests, being dubbed Plume-Gate by the alternative media, reveal the US has colluded in the cover up of the disaster as well.

Former Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Operator: We falsified data and rewrote daily operative reports (VIDEO)

Well, if we keep burying our heads in the sand about this issue we won't have a livable planet. There is no time for playing cover-up now. It's time for the world to put it's collective heads together and fix the problem.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've tried to tell my friends and family about the serious of the ongoing situation in Fukushima - unfortunately I get looks like I'm the guy at the party yelling "It's 5am - almost daylight - the party's almost over!!!"

It will be self-evident in less than a decade how much damage has been done. The problem is that they have a hundred other things they can blame it on - unfortunately, the "spread the blame around" approach tends to work on the general public

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I honestly fear it's already too late. It's been so well covered up...by the time it becomes evident the horror of the situation, people will be adjusting to whatever they are told by those who should have been looking out for our, and Earth's welfare.

Money...Greed...have destroyed our Planet...our home....

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
maybe 85 times WORSE than Chernobyl?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Only one thing sure about Fukishima............
Its going to go on and on...........and on..........

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
They need to tear down every single wall around the place.
Break the floors surrounding the reactors and dig.
Once that is done, you then encase each reactor so that it can be moved safely to a workable environment that can handle proper cooling and extraction safely.

This is an environmental problem- therefore it should be a government one.
Money should not be an issue. Period. It needs to get handled.

or we can just let them rid the planet of the dumb species we call "humans", and every other species known to man.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Not trying to sound dramatic, but I really think this is it folks. It's time to start living differently now, because we are running out of time to live in a radiation free world. One Mag7 quake would damage the fuel pool & the situation would be out of control, over, gone. Every day we've had since March 11 2011 has been a blessing, & it looks like there is not the will, expertise or knowledge to save this disaster. If this thing goes, it will radiate for the next 50yrs, completely contaminating the globe & killing everything on it.

Go out & have some fun now, because the only thing that could save this is superior technology, & we don't have that here on earth. Time to pray for intervention?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
You're correct when you say things may be worse than we know - take a look at my posts in this thread about the OTHER compromised nuclear sites in Japan. There are more 10 nuclear reactors and storage facilities in that area and ALL were compromised in some way leaving most if not all pretty much non functioning. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something needs to be done NOW to preserve as much life as possible. They're already finding polar bears, seals, whales and other animals with sores and infections of some "unknown" cause. What a mess folks.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanks for your time and trouble to get this info out sad eyed lady. I'm with the other posters on this page - game already over. California kids already have a perhaps lethal dose of radiation absorbed by their thyroid glands - British Columbia, Washington, Oregon have also been bombarded - and there are no solutions on the horizon. And that's not even taking in to account the other radioactive particles like plutonium and cesium that came our way. This stuff has spread throughout the Northern Hemisphere and is slowily making its way to the Southern Hemisphere.

What is killing us now is the denial and outright lies by TEPCO, the Japanese government - and now proof that our own government is involved in the coverup. We are FUK U SHIMAED! So let's all get out of denial and do what we can to save ourselves. Most in danger are the children and women who have babies during this time period. All family doctors should be looking for early warning signs of damage to thyroids - we should be proactive.

I've been trying to tell everyone I talk to since March 13, 2011 - yes, they laugh at me but I don't care. Let's all keep talking till our vocal chords expire! S & F for you sad eyed lady.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I've been keeping my eye on this for over a year. It's the reason I made my account. I feel utterly useless and terrified for the Japanese people, the fact they are so callously discarded by their own government. And I feel awful for the west coast that is getting bombarded everyday. I only hope that the earth can forgive us, and Punish those who pull the wool over our eyes to save money and face...

We are all blood, no matter colour or location.

TV

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nothing will be done till it's too late. The Japanese government is letting Tepco dictate what, if anything, is being done to stop this. And that's the way it will continue. The US government is involved. What a surprise

These people do not care about us. Never have, never will. MSM will spout what they are told, nothing more. If there was an honest journalist among them, this would be daily headline news. Instead, we have talking heads that are hired for their audience appeal, rather than their abilities. When the number of birth defects sky rockets, they'll find a scapegoat. That's so much easier and cheaper. The major players in this are probably buying stock in cancer treatment facilities and investing in big pharm companies.

edit on 23-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Money? Did someone say: "Money"? Please tell me this isn't about MONEY? Will there ever come a time...when mankind doesn't have his mind on his 'money' and his 'money' on his mind? You would figure...MONEY is the least of our worries. Are they going to use the TRILLIONS of dollars of debt, to plug up the gaps, or what? For once, can't we do something for FREE; considering this is a MAJOR PROBLEM for humanity? Money? What the heck is money gonna do?

Sometimes, you just have to wonder about the people in control of our world/system. They are absolutely CLUELESS...like the rest of mankind. Why EXACTLY do we ESTEEM these pathetic 'leaders'? Why do we call them 'experts'? If they were such 'experts', the problem wouldn't have happened in the 1st place. You don't become an 'expert' after the fact; you should be an 'expert' before SHTF.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Bad news. Bad enough that if we don't get after this it will result in our extinction.

Well, if we keep burying our heads in the sand about this issue we won't have a livable planet. There is no time for playing cover-up now. It's time for the world to put it's collective heads together and fix the problem.

i think the biggest problem from what i have found is this, we have no equipment nor technology that can work with that much heat and radiation level. sadly it was never supposed to happen, that was their plan, no surprise there i'm sure but it did happen and now we have no way to contain it in the foreseeable future.

it's being covered up because we have no way to fix it. normally they cover up in the name of money, but not this time.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't know how reliable this site is but a friend sent me this link These guys say that the reactor 4 building is unstable and the slightest quake can collapse it. with all the stored fuel rods.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
Money? Did someone say: "Money"? Please tell me this isn't about MONEY? Will there ever come a time...when mankind doesn't have his mind on his 'money' and his 'money' on his mind? You would figure...MONEY is the least of our worries. Are they going to use the TRILLIONS of dollars of debt, to plug up the gaps, or what? For once, can't we do something for FREE; considering this is a MAJOR PROBLEM for humanity? Money? What the heck is money gonna do?

Sometimes, you just have to wonder about the people in control of our world/system. They are absolutely CLUELESS...like the rest of mankind. Why EXACTLY do we ESTEEM these pathetic 'leaders'? Why do we call them 'experts'? If they were such 'experts', the problem wouldn't have happened in the 1st place. You don't become an 'expert' after the fact; you should be an 'expert' before SHTF.

actually this is about the "corporations" money!... They don't want to take the profits from forever into the future to pay for the damage caused by their property!

I expect no less from any corporation which only exists to make a profit.... from BP to Exxon to even Halliburton ....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
U.S goverment involved in a coverup? How could that ever happen.

The U.S goverment would cover up the existance of oxygen if they thought they could get away with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I don't know how reliable this site is but a friend sent me this link These guys say that the reactor 4 building is unstable and the slightest quake can collapse it. with all the stored fuel rods.

Yes that is true and the building is unstable. If there is another quake it will rupture and and release more radiation!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Can't we bury the reactor under a ton of soil? I mean the biggest problem is that the radiation will escape into the air and water, so couldn't we control it by burying it? Or even covering the entire thing in cement?

Obviously easier said than done, but is there any feasible solution to this problem? Furthermore, what would the worst case scenario look like if Fukushima blew? It seems a bit far fetched to say that one nuclear reactor can bring about our extinction, but I don't know much about this topic so I'd like to learn more about it.

From my understanding, where a nuclear bomb creates a temporary nuclear winter, Fukushima is like a nuclear snow machine that we can't switch off. Is this accurate?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Is that Oldcorps in your second video?
The voice sounds like mr. bob powell from The Truth Is Viral.

Scary stuff. I'm not really surprised that the government is covering it up. Keep civil unrest down, have plenty of patients for obamacare. They are never ones to pass up a good crisis though, so I doubt they will ignore it forever.
Makes me glad im on the other side of the U.S.

Edit: and this is pretty much the definition cover up. If this doesn't get traction and make something happen then I have little hope left for people. In reality I'll pretend like this isn't happening because it was read on the internet.
lu-lu-lu I've got some apples lu-lu-lu you got some too.
edit on 4/23/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The information about the Toyko soil being so contaminated that it would be considered radioactive waste by U.S. standards ought to be enough to call for an evacuation of the city, perhaps the entire country.

I am Arnie Gundersen from Fairewinds and today I am at the Regulatory Information Conference put on by the NRC in Washington D.C.

So today, I am in Washington D.C. Couple of weeks ago though, I was in Tokyo and when I was in Tokyo, I took some samples. Now, I did not look for the highest radiation spot. I just went around with five plastic bags and when I found an area, I just scooped up some dirt and put it in a bag. One of those samples was from a crack in the sidewalk. Another one of those samples was from a children’s playground that had been previously decontaminated. Another sample had come from some moss on the side of the road. Another sample came from the roof of an office building that I was at. And the last sample was right across the street from the main judicial center in downtown Tokyo. I brought those samples back, declared them through Customs, and sent them to the lab. And the lab determined that ALL of them would be qualified as radioactive waste here in the United States and would have to be shipped to Texas to be disposed of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join