It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Cops Search for Missing Girl, 6

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm hearing noises on the net Isabel normally slept with her brothers but not that night?

Anyone read this info? I'm still looking for a valid source. Sounds strange but you never know - it could be real clue here.

Also - has anyone said how old these brothers are and have they been interviewed???

peace
edit on 26-4-2012 by silo13 because: double post fill

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I’m going to ask our ATS’er Xcathdra - someone we replied on heavily in the (ongoing) Lisa Irwin case to give some insight here.

My questions?

It seems to me the police know who’s responsible for the disappearance of Isabel. I say this because there’s no ‘Amber Code’ (though I did read the case originally didn’t meet the requirements) - but even more so because the authorities have put out no warning to the community. Nothing along the lines of ‘Keep on the look out for...’ or ‘lock your doors’ etc. And they were very quick to suspend the searching and lead right into the investigative phase.

Is this a stretch? Or no?

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The last I saw on MSM last night was after the parents made their one, and only public appeal, they have gone into hiding. Also crime scene tape was once again put up around the home. Also several articles were seen on camera by me, and stated by the newscaster, being taken out of a red hatchback car on the side of the house. A blanket and a pillow.

They said to their knowledge, the police said this car was not regularly used by the family.

Des

edit on 26-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I just saw the parents' plea, and the mother's vibes are really weird.

This may be horrible to say but it kinda looks like she is faking it.

But that may very well not be the case.

And to the poster above, are you suggesting the girl was taken in the trunk of the red family car?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

When I saw the parents on tv last night...I couldn't help it, but the first thing that came to my mind regarding the mother...was Susan Smith. The woman who drowned her sons in her car in a lake, then claimed she had been carjacked.

It was so eerie having that pop into my mind. On the car, I don't know anymore than what I posted. The police would only confirm the car was one they didn't use...and I saw the 2 forensic officers removing a blanket and pillow from the hatchback, and put them into brown evidence bags.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So you agree. The mother was the only one awake in the house cause she left for work late in the night, noone heard the family dogs barking, wich seems only possible if it was someone they knew.

So it did look like someone had been in the trunk of that car with the pillow and blanket?
edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just saw this posted.

Day 5 ends with shocking account from next door neighbor

9OYS reporter Marcelino Benito asked Alicia Stardevant if she remembered anything bizarre from that day. "At 6:30 that morning my dogs were going crazy, their dogs were going nuts," she said. "I remember hearing male voices right outside my window. But it was light outside so I just kept sleeping, I didn't think much of it."

Now, it's all Stardevant can think about. She lives in a guest house right next to the Celis family home. Her bedroom window is right next to the window to little Isa's bedroom.
www.kgun9.com

That does not fill me with hope. If the above did happen and was loud enough to wake the neighbor, I would think it would wake those in the house too.

OiO

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

I don't know of any reason for the pillow and blanket to be in a car they don't use, other than it was there from awhile back. Maybe for a trip for kids to sleep when they did use the car.

On the mother...she appeared to me, to not be sincere in her appeal.,...very nervous. To the point she had to read her appeal from a note, and messed it up many times, no tears at all. That's what struck me the most...no tears at all.

Plus, she seemed like she couldn't wait to be finished reading her little note...then hid behind her husband when he made his plea. I could be totally off base...but my hinky meter pegged out.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I found one report of the car search, warning it's Nancy Grace (I know some dislike her), but it does show photos of the search.

OiO

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

That's the one I saw last night...TY for posting it.

I fear things are taking a turn for the dark side.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MNnativeamer
Hate seeing stories like this. I hope they find her. A piece of advice to anyone with little kids who dont want to worry about there kid going missing from there room some night. Lock doors b4 u go to sleep is the most obvious and so is owning a gun. You can literally get an effective alarm at the dollar store to put on each door in the house if u dont want a gun around..

I would suggest looking into the statistics of a child being kidnapped and the statistics of children and firearms related injuries before making a suggestion like that.

It's only natural for a parent to want to protect their child, of course. But how common is this kind of incident? Are you more likely to get struck by lightning or injure yourself with a tea cosy?

Your child is far more likely to be injured by that gun being in the house than they are to be kidnapped from their room at night, and I can state that as a fact without even looking at the statistics for each.

On the other methods, it goes without saying that there are things every parent can do to safeguard their children. I don't really think we need to be stating the obvious about locking windows and doors. People who don't do this to begin with are just bad parents!

And you can buy vibration alarms for less than $2 each. They stick to a window or frame, a door, a wall, or anything else and will sound off the second there is vibration. I've had these before, they are simple to use. You stick them on something and flick a switch. Not rocket surgery.

Now I'd better go read the rest of the thread. Hoping she's been found already. Fingers crossed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You totally misread that,

You can literally get an effective alarm at the dollar store to put on each door in the house if u DON'T want a gun around..

He/she never suggested getting a gun. And I don't see how you would get that when you read the context of that post.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Also several articles were seen on camera by me, and stated by the newscaster, being taken out of a red hatchback car on the side of the house. A blanket and a pillow.

Oh wow... That's like a kick in the gut.
Thanks for letting us know.

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hi OIO - thanks so much for posting this. You know me and the time difference between here and the States - sometimes I'm ahead a you all and sometimes behind. Off to watch the video now.

A note here to all who posted their feelings about the interview: Honestly - the parents didn't give me the creeps (as Lisa's parents) - but - they didn't seem credible either. Then again who could under those circumstances.

Good to see you OIO - sorry for all the wrong reasons though.

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Oh god, that woman on the news is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the US MSM!
She seems to be one step away from announcing that she knows who did it. Like a rabid, ignorant, uneducated media whore she's bombastic in her descriptions, trying to hype up the drama and make it all so fantastic - like it's her big break or something!

Jeez, no wonder America is in the complete mess it's in if this is the kind of BS that passes for "news".

That woman should be dragged away from in front of that camera and left to an environment she's more suited to, like a gossiping soccer mom or a bitchy waitress.

Also, I don't think it's right for people to be assuming the guilt of her family based on "a feeling". That's not only pathetic it's a little bit sick. Because you get "a feeling" that you can't even explain, you're willing to call someone a murderer? That's just wrong on so many levels. People like that should never be permitted to give a witness statement about anything, never provide jury service and never be taken seriously in any aspect of criminal investigation, ever.

I also noticed that someone posted that "sex offenders" map of the area earlier too. I don't know how the classification of an "offender" works in the USA, but in the UK a teenage boy can end up on such a list for underage sex with a willing partner. Not every "offender" is the same and there is a real danger that this kind of system results in unreasonable vigilantism from over-zealous idiots who don't know their own state laws.

I'm just putting that out there to try to inject some common sense.

I really hope this little girl is found soon. It must be horrible for her family.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

You totally misread that,

You can literally get an effective alarm at the dollar store to put on each door in the house if u DON'T want a gun around..

He/she never suggested getting a gun. And I don't see how you would get that when you read the context of that post.

I didn't misread anything...

Lock doors b4 u go to sleep is the most obvious and so is owning a gun.

The context is right there. They suggest that locking the doors is obvious, and so is owning a gun.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I apologize Detached Individual, I was the one that misread, sorry.

Although he/she never really suggested getting a gun.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Oh god, that woman on the news is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the US MSM! That woman should be dragged away from in front of that camera and left to an environment she's more suited to, like a gossiping soccer mom or a bitchy waitress.

Are you referring to Nancy G? If so? We agree and I think you'll find most of us here agree with you.

Also, I don't think it's right for people to be assuming the guilt of her family based on "a feeling". That's not only pathetic it's a little bit sick.

And you have the right to judge our ‘gut feeling’ because of what? Your superior ‘knowledge’ of ‘being’?

I can tell you for FACT ‘feelings’ prove to be true more times than not. Enough said. If you think that’s sick? Fine - but don’t go throwing stones here when you're basically doing the same as you say some of us are.

Because you get "a feeling" that you can't even explain, you're willing to call someone a murderer? That's just wrong on so many levels. People like that should never be permitted to give a witness statement about anything, never provide jury service and never be taken seriously in any aspect of criminal investigation, ever.

And none of us ever will lol. But before you go that far again - there’s no one here calling anyone a ‘murderer’ - unless I missed it. There are people who’re voicing their doubts sure, and questioning the validity of the parents, you bet.

I also noticed that someone posted that "sex offenders" map of the area earlier too. I don't know how the classification of an "offender" works in the USA, but in the UK a teenage boy can end up on such a list for underage sex with a willing partner. Not every "offender" is the same and there is a real danger that this kind of system results in unreasonable vigilantism from over-zealous idiots who don't know their own state laws.

So you’re going to compare UK law to US law - where the child just happens to be is missing - while at the same time naming people in the USA idiots? LOL. Wow, pot meet kettle, lol.

Oh, and news flash for you? Very little could be considered over zealous when a baby has gone missing from her bed at night. Very little.

I'm just putting that out there to try to inject some common sense.

Then you failed. There’s no common sense in judging what you don’t understand, comparing UK law to USA law and being openly insulting to those trying to do what little they can to help a missing child.

I really hope this little girl is found soon. It must be horrible for her family.

So that’s two things we agree on. Not bad!

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Dude, even the police treats the parents as possible suspects in these cases, chill out.

We merely shared what we were thinking, and noone said they were sure sure that they did it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
My questions?

It seems to me the police know who’s responsible for the disappearance of Isabel.

If thats the case Law Enforcement won't tip their hand to any evidence they may have. Its also possible the Police don't have any direct evidence, merely circumstantial, and may be playing the poker game so to speak.

I say this because there’s no ‘Amber Code’ (though I did read the case originally didn’t meet the requirements) -

Amber Alerts are a wonderful tool however the requirements to actually issue one are strict. There must be evidence of an abduction, there must be a description of the child, the person who did the abduction and any information on the vehicle and last direction of travel (for my state - however it seems pretty uniform with minor variances). Amber Alerts are activated through / by the State Police / Highway Patrol / State Department of Public Safety. There are regional alerts that can be activated which have a less stringent criteria.

The point of an Amber Alert is to notify the Public of an Abduction and what to look for. Issuing an Amber Alert with no info other than a missing child will result in a mass deluge of possible sightings with no way to differentiate those "tips" with an actual, credible "tip", resulting in more confusion than if they didn't issue one at all.

We remember clearly what occurred in Kansas City when the "good Samaritans" essentially assaulted / detained a woman in the grocery store because her child "looked" like the one the police were looking for.

but even more so because the authorities have put out no warning to the community.

From what I have seen the local media outlets have been on the story, and from the initial outset a perimeter was set up in about a block radius with friends / family / volunteers / local / state law enforcement as well as FBI and US Marshal's, all doing what they can.

The Family has been asked to leave the house because the FBI scent dog made some hits in the house (not death scents from what I have seen - possibilities of scents belonging to people not living in the house). The family is cooperating and has voluntarily left the house to allow law enforcement to do their thing.

As far as warning to the community the question is what warning?

There is a missing child with the evidence mounting of a possible abduction. Absent that the authorities dont have much to go on, and issuing warnings to the community, who is eager to help, without giving them specifics would result in a deluge of "tips / clues" that could distract away from real leads.

You ask the community to be vigilant and you give a description of the child but beyond that until you have solid info, you dont put anything else out. The other thought is they have specific info and its possible to identify the abductors however broadcasting that info could result in a fatality / vigilante justice / pushing the abductors to flee. You dont want to tip them off any more than what is needed.

Nothing along the lines of ‘Keep on the look out for...’ or ‘lock your doors’ etc. And they were very quick to suspend the searching and lead right into the investigative phase.

The flip side to the coin is to ensure the public as a whole that the community is safe. Even when you see issues with serial killers / rapists its not to often you will see police telling people to hide in there houses to and trust no one. The goal is to keep people safe while still being able to investigate. Putting out a warning would send the community into somewhat of a panic mode and every single person would report strange individuals, again drawing resources away from whats legitimate.

Its a balancing act for sure...

Is this a stretch? Or no?

Personally speaking I think its a bit of one, but only because of familiarity with what goes on behind the scenes in general. Different agencies have differing procedures on this, and some of those procedures are shaped because of state law.

From what I am seeing they are leaning in the direction of an abduction but as of now (based on info) have no firm information to give to the public as to what to be looking for aside from the description of the child.

Most Child abductions are the result of family - whether its parents, aunts / uncles, grandparents etc etc etc. A child abduction involving a complete and total stranger to the family is somewhat rare and when thats the case the evidence becomes harder to locate, if any is found at all.

For the most part the initial response to to flood the area, get a description and then go door to door to see if anyone saw anything out of the ordinary and to go from there while transmitting any updated info / leads to the mobile units / surrounding agencies to look for and stop and identify if they come across a vehicle / person matching the information put out.

peace

Hope that helps.. If not let me know or if I didn't answer your question let me know and I will try again.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join