It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Cops Search for Missing Girl, 6

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Tucson Cops Search for Missing Girl, 6

Another little girl (reportedly) taken from her bedroom while sleeping...

Tucson authorities are combing the city today in search of a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her own bedroom overnight Friday. The disappearance of Isabel Mercedes Celis is being termed "suspicious" or "possible abduction" by police, who say that the girl's parents discovered her missing at 8am yesterday. They reported her disappearance 15 minutes later, reports KVOA-TV. Between 75 and 100 rescuers searched in vain all day yesterday, notes the AP.

"We're really surprised or shocked that anything like this could happen to our family," Isabel's uncle, Justin Mastromarino, said. No sign of forced entry was observed in the family home.

ATS - any ideas? Anyone here from that area? Have you heard anything more? Any thoughts?

Peace and prayers to all involved...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Isabel Mercedes Celis

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
MISSING GIRL

Both parents live in the home, so police had no indication a child custody dispute was involved but weren't completely ruling it out.

"Because of the possibility existing that this child could have been abducted, we're treating it as if it's that significant," Hawke said Saturday afternoon. "We don't want to be caught behind the ball by not exploring that possibility."

How many times have we heard the same? I really hope and pray this time we find the little one just 'wandered off' and will come home SOON!

Isabel is described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

ATS TUSCON? What can you tell us?

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm really reluctant at this point to link to other stories - so many other stories - of little girls (seemingly) abducted from their own beds...

Please, let's stay on tack to FINDING THIS LITTLE GIRL and doing all we can to accentuate the POSITIVE POSSIBILITIES of finding her - NOT - accentuate the possibility/probability of foul play.

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here's the only YT I have so far.

Keep praying people!

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
During times like this I think it should be legal for police to thoroughly check the neighbors houses and bring in the dogs immediately. More times than not it seems it's a nearby neighbor that abducts these children.

I pray they find this little girl safe.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Massive search: Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, vanishes in Tucson, Ariz.

Police using dogs and a helicopter were still out late Saturday night, police communications operator Patrick Olea said.

Hawke said investigators were looking into all potential scenarios, including the possibility that Isabel got up and wandered out of the home she shares with her parents and two brothers or that she was kidnapped.

peace

edit on 22-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

During times like this I think it should be legal for police to thoroughly check the neighbors houses and bring in the dogs immediately. More times than not it seems it's a nearby neighbor that abducts these children.

Let's hope that's not the case in this situation.

As much as I may want to? Further comments pertaining to your post would surely derail the thread changing the focus away from Isabel which is not what we want at this point - but I truly appreciate your input!

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hate to say it but unfortunately there is a good possibility the parents offed her. What 6 year old sleeps till 8 am? Why did they not wonder why she was not up etc. No signs of forced entry etc. Hope I am wrong...

edit on 22-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Hate to say it but unfortunately there is a good possibility the parents offed her. What 6 year old sleeps till 8 am? Why did they not wonder why she was not up etc. No signs of forced entry etc. Hope I am wrong...

It's very difficult not to agree with you and go hounding for the parents but at this point let's leave that up to the cops.

That being said? Statistically are you right? Yes.

Do we want to 'go there' at the moment? Let's choose not too ok?

STAY POSITIVE PEOPLE!

prayers and peace her way

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hate seeing stories like this. I hope they find her. A piece of advice to anyone with little kids who dont want to worry about there kid going missing from there room some night. Lock doors b4 u go to sleep is the most obvious and so is owning a gun. You can literally get an effective alarm at the dollar store to put on each door in the house if u dont want a gun around..
Our girl is 6 right now and shortly after she was born, 2 dogs joined the family. A boxer and a American/English Bulldog and they are both extremely protective. Honestly, I leave 1 door unlocked all the time if we are not home because I know if anybody tried to come in and rob us, the bulldog would tear them apart.
Our bird even lets us know when someone is in our yard.

Hopefully they find this girl, There are some sick and twisted ppl out there who get their kicks at the expense of an innocent child. Wish there was a way to weed these sick freaks out of our society. Im hoping she just went for a walk.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

She is missing her two front teeth.
source

Well here comes the tears. And here I am trying to keep positive.

I'm hunting up street maps of the area - anyone else up for doing some searching shoot me a U2U!

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MNnativeamer

Lock doors b4 u go to sleep is the most obvious and so is owning a gun. You can literally get an effective alarm at the dollar store to put on each door in the house if u dont want a gun around..

Thanks for reminding all of us what we should already have in our homes - the implementation of safety is sooo important - no matter where you're located. If you live alone? Do what you want - but - if you've got little ones? Lock the doors. Every night. Just lock the bloomin doors.

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
another missing child .... hope they find her....said a prayer....we will see as more info comes in, what direction this will take. not all kids are morning people who wake up easily....parents woke up at 8am and checked on her right away....that's the story for now, and yes they have to look at the parents and consider abduction as well.

good that the cops are looking at this both ways, we will...see....
edit on 22-4-2012 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Missing girl's family and neighbors speak out

TUCSON- Neighbors and family members were shook up to hear 6 year old Isabel Celis went missing from her neighborhood in the 5700 block of East 12th street.

Isabel's grandfather from her mother's side, Hector Rodriguez, said he's praying for the family to receive good news soon.

It's been an agonizing day for the family as they wait to hear about what happened with their loved one.

Rodriguez was glued to his binoculars trying to see what was going on at the scene.

"Why does this have to happen? It's something I just can't believe. I feel like I'm dreaming. I really do hope I'm dreaming because this is such a horrible thing. We feel so helpless," said Rodriguez.

Neighbors said they couldn't understand how something like this could happen to the Celis family.

Go to link for full article and video.

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I hate to do it but here it is.

Offenders Link - Arizona

There are almost 20 (registered) sexual predators living in the families area.

(pic from link)

ADDED NOTE: Information is coming through Isabel's window was open. I can't confirm this - but - it's contrary to what police stated originally. Let me find a (no blog) confirmation.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
FBI launch desperate search for Isabel, 6, who VANISHED from her bed in the middle of the night as family fear she was abducted

A six-year old girl who disappeared from her bed in the middle of the night may have been kidnapped, authorities feared.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen by her parents at 11pm on Friday night. When they returned to her bedroom the next morning at 8am, she was gone.

Between 75 and 100 police officers, FBI agents and U.S. Marshals were searching in Tuscon, Arizona for the girl amid growing fears that she may have been abducted.

Update photos at link + more info.

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
hate to say this but most sexual predators are of family or known to the family so if i was the police i'd be bulk filing search warrants for anyone known to the family along with all her school friends just so you want people / buildings at least removed people from the equation, but prays its just some kid wandering around lost due to stupidity and is ok

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

A agree - but what would provoke a 6 year old to climb through her window and go wandering around at night?

Believe me I hope and pray that's all it is!
Thanks so much for your post -
peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's the confirmation to the 'open window' statements:

6-Year-old girl still missing; search continues

It all began early Saturday morning at a home in the 5600 block of East 12th Street, near Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road. Tucson police state Isabel Mercedes Celis disappeared from her bedroom, where her family discovered her missing around 8 a.m., and found what they describe as an open, pushed-up window in their daughter's bedroom.

There ya go...

Justin Mastromarino, Isabel's uncle, tells KGUN, "You don't think anything like that will happen to you and you wake up and you're in that scenario. Everything goes through your mind. Anger, confusion. They're very upset right now. Her mother is beside herself. We're just trying let the police do their thing and get as much information as we can."

Family members believe she was kidnapped, although police still consider this a missing child case. If this was a kidnapping, police will not say whether it was random, or if it was targeted. Police do say that the family does not seem to have any domestic conflict issues.

peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join