It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Cops Search for Missing Girl, 6

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
You've got to be freaking kidding me. Tell me there's a REASON for this?

* - The priority is to find this person alive.
* - The secondary priority is to find those responsible and turn them over to the judicial system.
* - The zeal to locate any info that helps bring this girl home has a tendency to create blinders.

and finally...

* - They are human and prone to mistakes. I am glad they made the mistake because to me it states they are doing their job and then some, looking for any piece of evidence / clue that could break the case. It also removes the need to investigate / search for the people in the video, allowing that time to be applied on other tips / leads etc.

Police investigations, especially when its a kidnapping with no leads, can best be described as putting together a 20 thousand piece puzzle titled "The Wheat fields" with absolutely no picture to use as a reference.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh believe me I'm not complaining - I'm in HOPES there's a reason - someone has a reason for releasing this as 'the tape'. Maybe it's a way to smoke someone out. To get things moving. To get someone talking. I'm back to being in the mindset as in the Lisa Irwin case - the mind set that sees only the surface info and being sooo hopeful there's something deeper and more meaningful behind it that will lead to a missing child.
I hope that makes sense.

Thank you again for your info!

peace

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No worries.. I have not been able to bug you since the Erwin thread so I figured what the hell

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well bug away - it's always great to have you in a thread like this. There's just so much I think I know and I'll be the first - right along with you
to admit I don't.

I'm on a hunt to find out how/why the rumor started about Mexico and if it's grounded in any truth at all. I know one such rumor started on FB - and it went the father sold her into the sex slave trade - I thought it sounded a stretch (a very long one) until MSM started talking about her being in Mexico.

Here's to looking -

Thanks again!

peace

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi all been watching this case from the beginning,i don't think Lisa was abducted,first question why is a six year old girl sleeping with her older brothers in the same room,isn't it a rule from CPS that even if it is brother and sister they have to have different rooms,not unless they are very small children then it might be ok,another is why did she sleep in her own room that night,was this planned by someone inside the family because how would anyone else know that she wasn't sleeping with her brothers that night and would be alone in her own room,and how would a complete stranger make the lucky connection to just her room,just seems alittle to staged to me

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Man shown on surveillance footage near Tuscon home of missing girl now meeting with police as the search for Isabel expands into Mexico nine days after she vanished

Authorities in Mexico join search for missing Arizona girl

Its possible the leads have been cleared as far as Mexico goes. Something somewhere popped up for law enforcement to look / request Mexican assistance in searching. Its also possible it was to follow up on a possible lead that Mexican authorities may have since cleared as unfounded.

I made this suggestion before and I will do so in here.

We are able to place identification chips in our pets.. Why not our kids?
Secondly law enforcement has red light cameras that take pictures of the drivers face, along with systems that can be programmed that can scanlicense plates etc as they drive around.

I am in favor of seeing if identification technology can be applied to those systems already in the field. Program the faces and maybe age progression faces and go from there. I dont think people would mind being delayed if the reason was to possibly locate a missing child.

Just food for thought.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
on nancy grace they said that they are investigating a cousin that lives at the house of the missing girl.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100
on nancy grace......l.

Thats where I stopped... She is one of THE worst ideas ive ever seeen and has an aversion to ethics.

I make that accusation based on her professional history as a prosecuting attorney and the shenanigans she pulled during that job. She apparently had more of an interest in being on the news / paper than doing her job the way she was suppose to. When she did the 100 meter rush to judgment on the rape case with te college students... when she went bonkers over the Anthony case out of Florida...

She did enough damage in those cases.. When it comes to a kidnapped / missing child she needs to report the facts and bring attention to the case without her usual asshattery she normally brings.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Police say whoever did this did an "adequate" job

The above is a great site for anyone looking for a lot of information concerning Isabel's disappearance - all in once place.

"Whoever is involved did an adequate job of really covering a lot of things that we could possibly look at."

Also released: The mother took a poly but the results are not being released as they're considered a 'tool' in the investigation.

peace

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Police: 20 detectives and 30 support staffers working on Celis case

TUCSON - The intense search for missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis continues, and is now it its 18th day.

There are no new leads that police can comment on, but they have received more than 1,000 tips.

At today's news conference, Sgt. Maria Hawke says Isabel's disappearance is still classified as a "possible abduction." No one has been ruled out, and they're investigating all possible scenarios.

Sgt. Hawke also talked about their process of elimination when it comes to identifying possible suspects. So far, she says no one has been identified, nor ruled out.

More in the article - but not much other than all people outside of the family - that was in contact with the family socially has also been 'checked into'.

peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Celis parents living separately; 1 parent not allowed contact Child Protective Services takes active role in case of missing 1st grader

Tucson police tell KGUN9 News the siblings of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, missing for 21 days, are now in the custody of one parent and the other parent is not allowed to see them. TPD clarified the family's situation and custody matters late Friday night, but would not say which parent--Sergio or Rebecca--has custody.

TPD said the developments leading to the custody change are “significant." Those developments also have Ariz. Child Protective Services taking an active role in the case.

But Pacheco said CPS has “instituted some safety measures to ensure the children's welfare." The department clarified by email late Friday, stating Isabel's two older siblings are now in the custody of one parent and the other parent is not allowed to see the children. The department wouldn't elaborate further and would not say which parent has custody because that may hamper the investigation.

Tuscon LE reports the parents are living separately - again - without saying which has the children.

“There's a lot of details that I can't share with you: what got us to this point, what was that information,” Pacheco said.

Which of course we hope is GOOD NEWS for Isabel!

peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Isabel Celis Breaking News: Child Services Removes Sons From Sergio Celis Care and Placed With Becky Celis and Relative

Sources inside the investigation have confirmed to www.blinkoncrime.com that evidence gleaned in the investigation has warranted alternative placement of the couples oldest children in the wake of the disappearance of their daughter, Isabel.

That's the rumor - or is it fact? I'll keep looking!

peace

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Isabel Celis: Missing Tucson Girl's Father Barred From Contact With Her Brothers

The father of missing Tucson 6-year-old Isabel Celis has been told by authorities he cannot have contact with the girl's two older brothers, who are now in the custody of their mother Rebecca, ABC News has learned.

So many reasons why this might be. From the most obscene to something as simple (and complex) as rumor or... Or, or, or...

Calls to Sergio Celis and his wife -- who are no longer living together -- were not returned today. Other family members reached by phone refused to comment.

The police statement said new information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children led detectives to contact officials with Child Protective Services and call in Isabel's family for a meeting Friday. The statement did not specify what prompted the detectives and child welfare workers to take action.

Let's just keep hoping and praying for Isabel. The ugly side of possibilities here are just that - too ugly to dip into.

peace

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Heard that CPS was involved with the Celis family before Isabal went missing,now why were they called,there had to be a good reason for them to come in.It seems the Celis family is just a normal family right? I think not something is going on with the father just my thoughts,I watch him on tv and something about him just doesn't seem to sit right with me,call it womans radar,but i feel like he was either molesting his boys and Isabal caught him doing it, are he was molesting Isabal and something went wrong

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Maybe this will help answer some of your (and our) questions - or at least confirm some facts even if the authorities are not giving up nay details.

Officials went to missing AZ girl's home last year

Police investigating the disappearance of a young girl from her family's southern Arizona home said Thursday that child welfare workers went to the household in December, but authorities declined to provide additional details.

The disclosure came nearly a week after the father of 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis was barred from having any contact with his 10- and 14-year-old sons.

Tucson police spokeswoman Sgt. Maria Hawke confirmed the visit but said she couldn't describe the circumstances that prompted it. The child welfare call was first reported by the Arizona Daily Star.

Tasya Peterson, a spokeswoman for the Arizona Department of Economic Security, which oversees the state's child welfare agency, declined to confirm the visit or say why the girl's father, Sergio Celis, isn't allowed to be with his two boys.

There's a lot more to the article at the link - but in a nut shell mostly a wrap up of all already known facts.

peace

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
(Blood) 'reddish-brown' stains in the girl's bedroom and on household items during the investigation into her disappearance.

New documents released in the case of missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis reveal that Arizona police found reddish-brown stains in the girl's bedroom and on household items during the investigation into her disappearance.

Horrific. Circumstantial? But horrific. Especially when you realize one of the items was a plastic shower curtain.

The police reports released Thursday do not name a specific suspect or show any possible theories about what happened to the girl, but detail evidence found around the crime scene. One report shows that detectives saw "apparent blood on the floor" of Celis' bedroom, and took into custody a white hat and vinyl shower curtain that had "dark red-brown or brown stains" and were found in a car located outside the family's home.

The 'finger is pointing' in the direction of her father more and more.

Another witness interview points the finger at Sergio Celis, the girl's father.

"(The man) went on to say that something didn't seem right about what was going on and alluded that he believed that the father was involved in some way," the police report said. The girl's father has come under scrutiny before, as child protective services in Tucson barred Sergio from having contact with his two sons, Isabel's brothers, during the investigation.

*heavy sigh*

peace

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This case is almost exactly like the Baby Lisa case out of KC..

weird..

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I woke up this morning, and my first thought was about this missing girl, for some reason. Saw her picture in my mind. I read this thread 5 years ago but couldn't remember her name, so I looked up the thread and then googled her wondering if they ever found her.

I was shocked to learn that they just found her remains, not even 24 hours ago.......

tucson.com...

edit: Her remains were found a month ago, they only announced it today.

edit on 1-4-2017 by BakedCrusader because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join