It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS live chat conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Seems selfish, I would love to hear your thoughts. But if you would like to just remain on the forums and not contribute to the live chat, that's your choice.

I'd love to have you in there, and I'm sure the others would as well.

I believe it's a nice social medium... I'm enjoying it and I believe you would too. I plan on making the next show.

Hope to see you in there sometime.
++ thoughts

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Mod's if you could help some of these people having problems, please help them. Each person counts.

My suggestion for you guys having problems. Download mozilla or possibly another browser... Mozilla is one. Maybe the new Internet Explorer... Let us know if that doesn't work, Mod's might have some ideas as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Total member accounts: 259,385
Members who have posted: 142,702
Percentage of members who have posted: 55 %

Number of members with 20 or fewer posts: 109,230
Number of members with 20 to 100 posts: 17,991
Number of members with 100 to 500 posts: 9,979
Number of members with 500 to 1,000 posts: 2,351
Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: 2,229
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: 197
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts: 98
Quantity of posts by members with more than 10,000 posts: 1,676,504

New member accounts: Past 24 hours: 45
New member accounts: Past 7 days: 431
New member accounts: Past 30 days: 2,180
New member accounts: Past Year: 33,145

Number of members have created extended profiles: 46,362
Number of members who are podcasting: 282
Number of members who have tagged threads: 8,165
Number of members who have flagged threads: 47,642

After reading that, you should be able to see why not many people use the chat.

Number of members with 100 to 500 posts: 9,979 and imagine them spread out accross the world all being on at different times of the day.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by mee30

Haha don't worry...

It's like getting on a motorcycle you gotta go with it. Don't be scared, Their only maybe a few paid informants.

Oh no, I'm not scared, I just like to know the rules I'm playing by. I can not know because it would be down to the interpretation of someone else as to what is vulgar or civilized etc...

Add to that the fact that I don't much like fast paced chat.

I tend to write essays a lot and by the time I'm finished there are a million other posts to go through and then it all starts over again. (previous experience on different chat sites). It makes my head spin. I much prefer the method we use here to be honest.

Maybe that is another reason people don't use it? I bet there are tons of reasons to be honest.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

Seems selfish, I would love to hear your thoughts. But if you would like to just remain on the forums and not contribute to the live chat, that's your choice.

How is it selfish that I would rather my thoughts to remain on a public forum rather than a post restricted chat room which doesn't save anything. If you want to hear my thoughts than simply read my threads and posts. If I were to post my thoughts in the live chat they would already be gone and I couldn't refer you to them.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Well I know their was problems earlier when they had the post count lower, So 10,000 members is great to me...

That's a nice chunk of established members that can use the service... I think that keeps it civil as well, as no one want's to lose their account when their deeply invested with time and energy and etc...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Nothing nefarious abou the chat. Cept its easier to get banned in chat then a thread. The people in the chat are what I would call "lifers". So paid, prob not.. Shill.. Ehh.. Government agents.. I doubt it. Just boring.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Chat's a pretty good tool and met some great people in there, I just can't use it anymore.

Luckily there's skype also

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You know what would be an awesome function for live chat...

I believe if you could make it so you could click on someone's name just to see their chat. Not quite ignore, but something similar.

Just an Idea.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Whenever I try, I get an error message saying connection refused immediately even though my settings are ok for it. I just don't think they want me in there!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hey well we would love to get you back in here, It was fairly empty, but now a few more showed up.

If you can get your browser fixed and maybe try to make the next ATS video... Or anytime I try to frequent it, so maybe I'll see you in there.

And to the others, Don't be shy roll in. If you got to 150 post's without being banned, you can also chat it up with some like minded people and not get banned.

Join the live chat for some real world/real time experience...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

shs chat banned she cant..........

Its pretty easy to cross the line there, the rules are the same as on the board........sometimes things slip or people get too jovial and then BAM

no more chat.............thats why we have Skype ATS

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Hey I believe you, It's a conspiracy. Your not the only one, Your the third person actually.

I hope we can figure it out. Would love to have you join us, I try to be on as much as possible...

Possibly try another browser like Mozilla or Internet explorer.

Hope to see you there some time...

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

shs chat banned she cant..........

Its pretty easy to cross the line there, the rules are the same as on the board........sometimes things slip or people get too jovial and then BAM

no more chat.............thats why we have Skype ATS

Hey well I'd advocate for her ban time to be reduced, as she just gets around it by using ATS skype chat!!

I'd love to have the chat room active, It's pretty to awesome to see human conciousness in front of your eyes.

It speaks volumes about the people involved in the chat.

Hope to see you in the chat room some time.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

absolutely its great to see it on skype too, its really active and also.........there are no filters

So we are free to express how we really feel, and to be honest so far from what ive seen.....people are really great to each other

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's perma but thanks, I was only trying to say I know the people in there aren't paid shills...well except that one guy and maybe that other guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have nothing against skype...

I just wanted the ATS chat function to actually be something... I believe it would make this site that much more important...

I mean skype is cool do you need a web cam??

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

not at all , infact most of us would rather not have to show our ugly faces...

LoL

but i am curious as to why you think it would make ATS more important........

I think our forums are heads and tails more important then the chat function

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I dunno, hyper connectivity in action in the header that's clickable...

I mean the chat function should ask which one you'd rather use... Or just stick to skype... I'd like it to be endorsed by the website, I guess.

So more people show up, which creates better discussions. imo.
edit on 21-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: **

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

reply to post by ANOK

It sounds like you both had the same problem I did. My screen resolution is 1024-768 and the chat window is just a little too big for it. I use Linux but my trick might work under Windows too.

Click on the maximise and restore buttons of the chat window once connected. That seems to bump the rendering so that you get the text entry box at the bottom. Also here, it sometimes won't let you select the text entry box with the mouse after clicking on an emoticon. Switch to another open window, such as the browser and then back to the chat window and you should be able to re-select it with the mouse. Hope it helps. All you need is any recent browser and Java from java.com.

And for anyone else, chat can be a bit of a giggle, quite random but also sometimes quite spontaneous. It is worth a try and at ATS Live showtime can get quite lively.
A problem for Euro residents as it starts at 3am local time.

edit on 21/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar

edit on 21/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join