It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrefutable evidence that God exists.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You can't not believe in God as I define God. I define God simply as, "that which is". You see? So I have irrefutable evidence that God exists because essentially, my definition of God is also, "the natural cosmic circumstances that led to the emergence of life". So if you're an atheist, and you believe in the past and you believe that you exist, then you believe in my God.

So essentially what you have done is make up a definition of "God" that is basically "everything" and let it go at that. I guess you certainly have the right to define your own "God" that way if you want to, but color me underwhelmed. To me your definition is just about useless. I suppose it is about as useful as the anthropic principle, which states that the Universe is the way it is because if it was not, we wouldn't be here to observe it. Interesting twist of words, but what, exactly does it explain? It's a kind of tautology. I'm thinking both atheists and theists will not be impressed with this definition.

My eyes are black holes and my face is a galaxy of stars and light. At least, that's the shape of our forms. We are made in the universe's image.

Seriously? You eyes are black holes, are they? Your face a galaxy of stars and light? As poetry, umm, OK. But otherwise, statements like that are meaningless.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It's called being "OMNIPOTENT" or "OMNIPRESENT". Hardly a new thought. This idea is as old as dust, and can be found in many religious texts.

Trying to figure out what god is, is a circular endevour. "He just created life with free will, and wants you to live life as you would completely free of any consequences. Just look at nature for proof." That is the usual "AGNOSTIC" definition.

For me, it makes total sense for god to create a reality for many beings, make them so different and unknowable from eachother as to be completely out of our realm of understanding = Beautiful.

But, there are some rules. Basic rules that we are all born with knowing these rules. Break them, and you will pay the consequences.
People argue what the rules are. They are pretty much the same across'd the Jeudeo-Christian and even Islamic religions. So, not too much to argue there.

Atheists want to be free of any condemnation. Free of any social taboo's. Free to do what they want, and have their families accept their actions, because they were trained to do so.

It takes more training to get people to look past the rules we were born to obey than it does to follow the basic rules of these religions.

Most agree that Murder, Lying, Theft, and Laziness are bad traits. The argument is with sexual relations with people out of wedlock, homosexuality, sexual relations with others spouses, and generally not being a good neighbor.

The religious zealots are just as bad as the Atheist Zealots. We already beat the Religious Zealots down by separating Church from State. The next battle will be with removing Atheistic Religion from State.

Somewhere down the line, Atheists will rule the day. And they will be just as bad as the overbearing religious zealots of our past. When they outlaw religious freedom of expression, you know it's about to get bad.

BTW. The UN has already adopted these rules as a law that was passed a few years ago. They have also started the universal church, for which religious leaders had to adopt certain "motto's" in order to gain acceptance. I'm too lazy to look it up. It's rather old news. The end time prophecy pastors have covered this topic at great length, and condemed the Catholic church for having anything to do with the UN's new church.

I jumped all over the place. But, my point is clear. Ain't nothing new under the sun. Except for when the new Atheist Church takes over. That will be interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Why use the word God, though? I think the word God should indicate a deity. There's less confusion that way.

Person1: Would you like some coffee?
Person2: I don't like coffee.
Person1: Oh, you'll like my coffee, because by coffee I simply mean something to drink.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
ALL Religions out there won't believe in your God simply because they won't make money if they accept your theory. Which by the way, I totaly agree with you on this one!

Good thread my friend!
edit on 21-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

Many religions do not exist to make money. They exist to help, and try to save humanity from their highly misguided version of Ragnarok.

I would know from experience.

Misguiding? How can you know? Mathematicians calculated that Mankind will soon face a major downfall.
I agree with you about the ''Many religions do not exist to make money. ''. I have seen some religious nut who sacrifies his health to save people. He doesn't have money, don't want money, just tries to save. I kind of admire his perseverance... and it makes me question if wether total atheism is REALLY the right path.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
ALL Religions out there won't believe in your God simply because they won't make money if they accept your theory. Which by the way, I totaly agree with you on this one!

Good thread my friend!
edit on 21-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

Your absolutly correct, not to mention thier extreme hold of power that they have on a lot of people. However let's be clear, I don't think religion started off as being the institution that is today, but hijacked by those who desired power and control.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So, as already stated, is there going to be ANY evidence here?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Nope. Trust is what drives mankind foward, though.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes, there is overwhelming evidence provided in pioneering research presented here.
Examine it carefully and you will discover the mathematical signature of transcendental intelligence so powerful, beautiful and convincing that you will be forced to recognize it as irrefutable evidence that God exists. Phillips' new book reveals for the first time the amazing, mathematical connection between religion and science.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I believe that the universe rides on the back of a giant celestial squid named Trevor!

IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I have to consider the possibility that you are right.
Nah, never mind. That's rubbish. (Trevor silently approaches behind my back) After all, squids are dumb, stupid-looking... (quid tap on my back) and Trevor is such a silly nam...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Very clever. My compliments on a thread well thought out and an explanation of God that can't be denied. I wouldn't call it proof but I like what you say here. I am that I am. SnF

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ooohkej...
Im looking and looking, but
i cant find this irefutable evidence......

What you say was created by GOD
was created by billions of years of
evolution in my book...

Sorry...You fail..

As will everyone else who tries
to convince me...

As long as you cant show me The force, man, ghost
or whatever ACTUALLY doing this i wont buy it...

HAA

I have read your post a couple of times now. And what you call
GOD and i call GOD is infact the same.. The only thing
differ in my book is that the word GOD is wrong...
Should be something else...

I still cant find the evidence though.....

edit on 2012/4/22 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can i just add 1 little thing? TPTB are using God's WORD AGAINST us. I'll give you 1 POWERFUL example: God said: "Do not BORROW; for the borrower is slave to the lender." But please, continue to think that it's just a RELIGIOUS book. It's really HELPING our wonderful world of la-la land. People fear TPTB more than they fear God...and God gave us HIS WORD! What has TPTB given us, besides heartache and grief; lies and deceptions???

And for those of you wondering...who or what is God? To put it plain and simple: GOD IS LOVE! And, LOVE can be found in ANY religion!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a guy I knew who passed away on new years day this year (he was only 21...way too young) said this, "The world is a beautiful painting and we are only small strokes of paint on a canvas. Only God knows why He is painting and what He is painting. But we have faith that it's beautiful and good"

RIP Josh

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So essentially you're preaching

You're essentially saying this:

I have irrefutable evidence that god exists...wait for it...waaaaaaaaait for it..."god just is".

That's no irrefutable evidence...that's mere preaching

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

OP as an Near death experiencer (15+ min flatline ) I agree with you ...

From what I gather Consciousness exists ...

If Consciousness exists then it is part of the fabric of the universe ...

If Everything is Energy ... Then Consciousness is Energy too ...

In my own simplistic circular point of view ...

Everything is Energy .. Consciousness is Energy ... Consciousness is Everything .

The Primary motivating force in the Universe .

You don't have to accept the existence of the Conscious field .

It will still accept you .

It's all about creation and evolution of consciousness.

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you want to know God, read the consolation of philosophy by Boethius. this is the most important philosophical work ever written.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Additionally, If anyone could actually really prove without a doubt through any means, that there is a god or gods, even if they walked up to my doorstep and introduced themselves, I'd still claim atheism because, if there are any gods, they've got a LOT to answer for and regardless of how real such a proven god might be, they're not getting my support.
NOPE.

The idea of life itself is what I call God. Life is such that it can manifest in many forms, gain knowledge relative to each individual form, propogate itself, and experience things like joy, love, fear, hate, fun, humor, Nintendo, and food. It's pretty incredible in and of itself and infinitely beautiful. Life itself has all the attributes attributed to God in nearly all religious doctrines. The idea of life manifests planets full of diverse life forms, seemingly all for fun. The forms take on creative shapes that emerge as part of the idea of having to survive; live. So life is God by the definition of what God is supposed to mean as simply, creator of life forms.

And we, humans, are Gods. We are also powerful living creator beings which is what a Gods are. So I can't see how anyone doesn't believe in God or Gods when its right in front of them at all times practically punching them in the face.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Some atheists will say "Why call it God then, why not just call it reality?". Some atheists really do not like the word God, because it is associated with a being by the majority and it can cause confusion.

I only partly agree with this arpgme.

First off, I would be considered atheist, but I refuse the label. When I ask "Why call it god then?", it was strictly for the purposes of preserving already defined and agreed upon language, and not because I fear or dislike the word God. I still use the word God in figures of speech etc. or when talking about the old Zeus in the sky. When people pray to God, they aren't praying to the universe, because they're under the belief that they're talking to some being. That being, however unlikely it is to exist, is God. The universe, it's physics and nature, is the universe.

We should call these nouns what they are to avoid confusion for the people of the future, not further dilute their definitions with mysticism.

Also, there's no need for spirituality, materialism or any other doctrine in science as it's strictly about finding how the universe works and not why. Hawking doesn't care if there is a god or not, as anything that set in motion the physics of the universe is so far indemonstrable, requires no further observation and thus judgement is suspended.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Still waiting for your irrefutable evidence.No offense, you can't irrefutably prove or disprove the existence of god. That's why it's called faith.

But notice that atheists will continue to insist that atheism isn't a religion...despite that its primary premise cannot be proven nor disproven.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join