It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geminoid F: The creepily lifelike singing fem-bot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This thing looks sooooo real.

It won't be long now before humans are going to be on the endangered species list.

theweek.com...

The fem-bot can smile, frown, pout, and make about 60 other facial expressions, powered by 12 mechanical actuators situated under her rubber skin.

It's cool I guess.......

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
makes you srsly wonder about some of our current "celebs"

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

We're flying headlong into the Uncanny Valley with that one! It's horrid. They've got that dead flesh look down to a tee....

en.wikipedia.org...

Although.... These days, women of a certain class have less motion than this thing in they're faces due to botox

edit on 21/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
This thing looks sooooo real.

It won't be long now before humans are going to be on the endangered species list.

Wow, you're easy to scare

Where does it look 'sooooo real'? There are no facial expressions (except for an uncontrolled blinking eye), there's no body movement at all, there's nothing that even comes close to resemble a human being and it's natural behaviour. It looks completely robotic as that's what it is.

While it certainly is a technical breakthrough, it's still a long way until we get something like Data from Star Trek and even if, what's the problem? Why all this fear? People should stop thinking in a Terminator kind of way, not everything modern and technical has to be bad and evil

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It looks cool, but as long as they are not sentient, and have to be produced by us there is nothing to worry about.

Besides, that, if there is something to fear it would be an advanced, autonomous sentient AI program living on the internet. Not a speaking rubber doll.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was kinda joking guys. It's Saturday lighten up a little.

I bet the people in Blade Runner didn't worry about androids in the begining. Or what about i robot?

You'll see......oh nevermind it's 2012 so you shouldn't fear the robot.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You should use a more appropriate emoticon next time.

We were actually lightening things up from our perspective.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Does not look any better than some of the attractions at Disney World who may have technically pioneered this stuff for public use....use to be called automatons then..not sure if the name still sticks...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I think we already are and have been for a few years now it is we just do not know it yet.

new topics

top topics

join