It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Of America Doesn't support guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
McMillan Firearms has been informed the Bank of America does not wish to be affiliated with a firearms business.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

That's fine by me.

I don't support Bank of America either. And I certainly don't want to be affiliated with them.

Interestingly enough:

The McMillan group of companies may have the last laugh: It is considering no longer accepting Bank of America credit cards for purchases. Read more: dailycaller.com...

I also have to ask if this might be a sign of fire arms soon to become illegal in the US and the Bank knowing ahead of time? Never heard of a bank with ethics so something may be up.

Peace

edit on 20-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

They may not

But I sure do!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seriously?

Discrimination! quick where is the alcu? and other freedom fighters on this?

No wait never mind that is a double win for liberals they hate wall street and they hate guns.

Meh

edit on 20-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well, I mean after all, BofA is such an upstanding citizen with such high standards and all....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's only discrimination when the action is taken to harm a liberal cause or idea. If it's a conservative cause, it's called progress and needed change. We must keep our terms straight, lest the PC 'forces of nature which may or may not exist above, below or around us somehow' strike us down with a bolt of lightning.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

BoA is stupid it is no wonder they needed bailouts.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

(BofA says) Hey! We haven't eliminated enough of our customer base yet. I know what, let's publicly declare we are anti-gun and get rid of the gun owners!

*Quietly adding this to the hundred other reasons not to do business with BofA*
edit on 4/21/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Seriously?

Discrimination! quick where is the alcu? and other freedom fighters on this?

No wait never mind that is a double win for liberals they hate wall street and they hate guns.

Meh

edit on 20-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Historically leftists only hate it when other people have guns. As in the 20th Century leftists used guns to murder well over One Hundred Million men, women and innocent little children.

The only time a leftist wants to take a gun is if they want to enslave you or kill you.

---
But the truth of that matter is : Bank of America needs to fail as a corporate entity. It has too many liabilities, too many toxic assets still. This is a planned out collapse of Bank of America, so when ti dies, it causes the least amount of damage to the national and international economies.
edit on 21-4-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Gun proponents are ravenous when it comes to defending themselves against this kind of nonsense.

Gun opponents never are. Lord knows they try (Starbucks boycott recently that was nullified by the gun lovers counter-protest) but their numbers and drive are insignificant by comparison.

So why would a company, any company take as absurd a position as this?

I cant see anyone heading toward BoA for this position but I can certainly see a lot of people leaving. McMillon refusing to accept BoA cards for their products will put a bigger hole in their bottom line than any number of gun haters signing up.

Not to mention that the stereotypical gun-hater hates plenty of other things about BoA and banks in general.

It's their right but it doesnt make any sense. Why intentionally turn away business?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Then they should change their name to "Bank of Not America" then, because last time I checked that country has an amendment in it's constitution that supports the right to own them.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

It's their right but it doesnt make any sense. Why intentionally turn away business?

Maybe it is a condition for avoiding serious inquiries into stuff like: Mortgage Backed Securities with no mortgages in them, same mortgage in multiple MBS; fraud upon the courts ala robosigning; continued support from the FED or Treasury; ripping off consumers with hidden fees, and overdrafts due to the way they post deposits; or the entire portfolio of Countrywide rotting on their books.

I caught this story last week on a blog I trust. The blogger actually called the CEO of McMillan and apparently the story is legit. I know one thing that would make any large bank piss on a long term customer like this: All the .gov has to do is say "If you don't stop doing business with firearms makers, we'll bring back mark to market accounting".

top topics

join