It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What difference between America, U.S., USA, The United States of America, The States, and all.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
new American Principles

What does it mean that several different terms are used to describe the nation?

Are we missing some hidden meaning between them?

Help comes to the troubled,

Mr medinet

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmedinet

The same as Soda, Pop, Coke, Pepsi, Carbonated Beverage, Fizzy Drink...etc.

ETA: More or less, just synonyms (so to speak).
edit on 4/20/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
America is a continent, not a country. The others are just acronyms or abbreviations of the same thing.

edit on 20-4-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

We don't need new American Principles, what we need to do is to restore the American Spirit back to what our forefathers fight and died for.

History will repeat it's self Just look at Rome.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Germany - Deutschland - Rhineland - Germania

All the same place with different names. Difference is time and the people using the term.

For example very few Germans actually refer to themselves as Germans, but Deutschlanders.

I mean just look at the things people call Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think that there is any difference between "The States" and the "USA." Though I admit I said "The States" a lot more than "USA" while stationed in Germany.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

The same as Soda, Pop, Coke, Pepsi, Carbonated Beverage, Fizzy Drink...etc.

You're just gonna confuse him even more.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you think that's bad, here are 139 slang words for breasts. Why? Because they can be deadly weapons. In the right circumstances they can cause a 50 car pile up. Why? Well, because that's just how awesome they can be. Here's the list:

www.listaholic.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The various arrangements of the word “America” and their various meanings are similar to each other and correspond with the image America attempts to project to its inhabitants and the rest of the world. ”The eternal spirit that is loved”, “The forever ruling eagle” and “Commander ever powerful in battle”, among others convey the image America wishes to occupy in the world.

Consider the following:

A-M-E-R-I-C-A

A = The

AM= Eagle (Scandinavian), Moon, Lunar or “Things Lunar” (Vietnamese)

AME= Beloved (Latin), Effort (German) , Eagle ( German), Eagle Rules (Scandinavian) and Rain (Japanese)

AMER= Ever Powerful In Battle (German), Prince, Ruler or Commander (Arabic), Tree top (Hebrew)

CA= Equivalent to “KA”- The eternal creative spirit/energy (Ancient Kmt)

ICA = Light (Greek/Hungarian)

MERI=Most Beloved (Ancient Kmt)

RI = King (Irish/Gaelic), Rain (Japanese), Transcendence of the physical (Japanese) and Singer (Indian)

We can classify the various meanings by the principles they share. America as “A-meri-ca“, “Am-Erica“, “Amer-Ica” and “Ame-ri-ca” all signify the eternal, strength, power, leadership, beloved and the generative spirit.

Some letter groupings can be placed in more than one category. For example the first two letters of “America”, “AM” relate to both the “eagle” and the “moon/lunar”. The first two letters “AM” (Scandinavian) and “AME” (German) refer to ”eagle”.

We also see a dual aspect with ”CA” ending of “America”. “CA” relates to both the eternal for “CA”=”KA”, as well as generative spirit.

visionthought.wordpress.com...

And United States is just that, a numbered set of States that are United

U.S. are the first two letters in the words United States

and U.S.A. are the first letters of United States of America (which is the official name of Emrika if you speak arabic)
edit on 20-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Uh...
I give up.
What's the difference?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What I didn't realize was that Greenland is part of North America.

I always thought it was in Europe.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There is no difference. Not here. Not to us. As I have been corrected and downright rudely a time or two...there is ENORMOUS difference in terms like UK, Britain, England and the like...but I've never in my life as an American heard another American correct someone over the variation of the name used for the U.S.

The only terms with any special distinction would be North America which is actually Mexico, Canada and the United States. or 'The Americas' which would be the whole shooting match from Tierra Del Fuego to the Arctic Circle up South, Central and North America.

I'm sure I'll be corrected without mercy if I made a boo boo...or Greenland/Iceland are properly considered North America...but the above is how I've understood it through my life.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
The various arrangements of the word “America” and their various meanings are similar to each other and correspond with the image America attempts to project to its inhabitants and the rest of the world. ”The eternal spirit that is loved”, “The forever ruling eagle” and “Commander ever powerful in battle”, among others convey the image America wishes to occupy in the world.

Consider the following:

A-M-E-R-I-C-A

A = The

AM= Eagle (Scandinavian), Moon, Lunar or “Things Lunar” (Vietnamese)

AME= Beloved (Latin), Effort (German) , Eagle ( German), Eagle Rules (Scandinavian) and Rain (Japanese)

AMER= Ever Powerful In Battle (German), Prince, Ruler or Commander (Arabic), Tree top (Hebrew)

CA= Equivalent to “KA”- The eternal creative spirit/energy (Ancient Kmt)

ICA = Light (Greek/Hungarian)

MERI=Most Beloved (Ancient Kmt)

RI = King (Irish/Gaelic), Rain (Japanese), Transcendence of the physical (Japanese) and Singer (Indian)

We can classify the various meanings by the principles they share. America as “A-meri-ca“, “Am-Erica“, “Amer-Ica” and “Ame-ri-ca” all signify the eternal, strength, power, leadership, beloved and the generative spirit.

Some letter groupings can be placed in more than one category. For example the first two letters of “America”, “AM” relate to both the “eagle” and the “moon/lunar”. The first two letters “AM” (Scandinavian) and “AME” (German) refer to ”eagle”.

We also see a dual aspect with ”CA” ending of “America”. “CA” relates to both the eternal for “CA”=”KA”, as well as generative spirit.

visionthought.wordpress.com...

And United States is just that, a numbered set of States that are United

U.S. are the first two letters in the words United States

and U.S.A. are the first letters of United States of America (which is the official name of Emrika if you speak arabic)

AMERICA, we learn as schoolchildren, was named in honor of Amerigo Vespucci, for his discovery of the mainland of the New World. We tend not to question this lesson about the naming of America. By the time we are adults it lingers vaguely in most of us, along with images of wave-tossed caravels and forests peopled with naked cannibals. Not surprisingly, the notion that America was named for Vespucci has long been universally accepted, so much so that a lineal descendant, America Vespucci, came to New Orleans in 1839 and asked for a land grant "in recognition of her name and parentage." Since the late 19th century, however, conflicting ideas about the truth of the derivation have been set forth with profound cultural and political implications. To question the origin of America's name is to question the nature of not only our history lessons but our very identity as Americans.

www.uhmc.sunysb.edu...

This is an AWESOME article, I highly suggest reading it in its entirety! I am yet to validate any of it, but it appears to be a genuine attempt to clearing up some confusion. And is ALL ABOUT CONSPIRACY!

The Maya Connection The most explosive, haunting, almost credible etymology — the so-called Amerrique theory which was first advanced in 1875 — reappeared in the late 1970s in an essay by Guyanan novelist Jan Carew, titled "The Caribbean Writer and Exile." Here Carew focuses on the identity struggle of Caribbeans who are "subject to successive waves of cultural alienation from birth — a process that has its origins embedded in a mosaic of cultural fragments — Amerindian, African, European, Asian." He adds that "the European fragment is brought into sharper focus than the others, but it remains a fragment." It is in his discussion of this European fragment that he turns to the early historical accounts written by "European colonizers, about their apocalyptic intrusion into the Amerindian domains" — histories which, he argues, are largely fictions "characterized, with few exceptions, by romantic evasions of truth and voluminous omissions."

I'm still reading and digesting everything from the link, so I can't really say anything further... but yeah, it's a good one.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Who said we needed them?

New America was what the forefathers fought and died for...

Look it up.

Hope You do,

Mr medinet

P.S. Rome moved to HollyWood - Now Showing - Idol Idol toil and trouble

Originally posted by mytheroy

We don't need new American Principles, what we need to do is to restore the American Spirit back to what our forefathers fight and died for.

History will repeat it's self Just look at Rome.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
the americasreply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've only heard this used to describe one thing, The School of 'the americas'.

Ericka is part of how Arabs pronounce America,

Of course there also seen different American flags, 13 stars, 50 stars, confederate, these represent factions of
nostalgic people.

I'm all for democracy, but not based on unconstitutional rulings, such as voting age set at 18,

It's getting harder and harder to find functioning democracy.

Hope you stay inside tonight,

Mr medinet

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Awesome! I'll definitely read the article you posted! Thank you!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

the Arabic pronunciation is Emrika

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok

the Arabic pronunciation is Emrika

Are americans called emrikans?

Hope help awakens,

Mr medinet

P.S. I've been told I could be Arab.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

NO

I do not understand what you are attempting to imply. Perhaps clarify?

"Could be" and "are" are two different concepts.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Official name is: (The) United States of America

U.S.A = United States of America
U.S = United States
America is an abbreviation.
"The States" is a nickname
"The Union" is a term to describe the state relationship to each other (we are a Republic)

Hope that information helps, elsewise I do not see the point of your thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You shall recieve an answer

I'm implying my dna is of unknown origin.

As such I do not claim to be jew, arab, anglo, black, white, latino, asian, islander et cetterra.

I caN ONLY TYPE WITH MY RIGHT fingers so it's hard for me to do research.

Also I have very little inheritance so I do not have any artifacts which show my history.

Most would call me English, but that means very little unless you have royal lineage, which I do not have.

Hope help developes,

Mr medinet

Emrikiyoon

I do not understand what you are attempting to imply.

"Could be" and "are" are two different concepts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join