It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking Up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I know that there are literally hundreds of people waking up every single day in our everchanging world, but I would like to share my own personal story that led me to be enlightened.

It all began with me becoming a skeptic. I would listen to political radio hosts such Rush and Sean Hannity and even though they make me laugh to this day at some of their rants, I was very skeptic about their motives and this is what started it all.

Listening to their claims led me to DOING MY OWN RESEARCH. In doing my own research rather than listening to the MSM resulted in me finding so many more truths than what we were actually told. So, once I learned doing my own research was the way to go, I began to question many of the things that I learned in my, thus far, short life, beginning with my religion: Catholicism.

For 18 years (since birth), I had been a devoted Catholic. I attended church weekly. was very active in the church, and even served as an altar boy for a couple of years. I basically lived life by believing in the Bible and nothing but the Bible, simply because that's how I was raised and was taught nothing else. Everything else I was told was wrong (so why read into it?), but I was always told to no matter what respect other viewpoints.

My first skepticism of Catholicism came when I realized that I was worshipping a false God every single day. In Catholicism, we are not told Jesus, and sometimes even Mary Magdalene, are to be worshipped, but we still do it. That right there was a violation of the first commandment that I had thought I had be obeying for all these years: (In lehmans terms: Thou shall not worship other God's).

At this point of realization, I began to question my entire belief system. I searched online day after day trying to find something that not only spoke to me, but made sense. I researched everything from Buddhism, to Sikhism, To Islam. Still, nothing. Finally, I came across a book that I am sure many fellow ATS'ers are familiar with: "Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsch. This book is a transcript of a man who literally has a conversation with God through automated writing. Neale would simply write a question on a piece of paper, and then God would take over his hand and begin to answer his questions through his writing. This book is basically a New Ager's bible. I rented this book from our library and finished it within a day. The words sounded so truthful and sensible that I could not help but to cry at several parts of this book.

I knew I finally had it figured out. Basically, love unconditionally and be happy and God will take care of the rest. I looked at it this way: If I never thought about being in a bad mood or being angry or being in pain, then God would never allow me to be put in situations where I these things are existent. I loved that I now had a God that actually made sense, especially because all other human theologies only make sense if we accept a God that makes no sense at all.

So, with this new approachto life, I decided to get off my bloody laptop, and go test my new means of living. Instantly, and I am talking within HOURS of basically only thinking about love, I noticed that not only was I much happier, but everyone around me was always happy, in good moods, and smiling...and I'm talking ALWAYS. My girlfriend had seemed to feed off of my positive energy and our relationship became much more laid-back and fun. Also I noticed around this time that my girlfriends chronic headaches had began happening much less frequently.

About a week into my new approach, everything was jusy peachy, until my happiness got continually tested by continually being told about all of the horrors of our World. Now I faced a crossroads...How could I remain happy knowing that there are people living in so much sorrow? Well, I did what I thought was the most logical thing: simply do not think about bad things. Within weeks of this realization, Kony was exposed, and seemingly good things began to happen that began to reveal and uplift a few of the evils of the World.

In finally beginning to get good at controlling my thoughts, I began directing my thoughts to actually being able to do things rather than just wanting to do things, and constantly telling myself how much I love things rather than longing to love something. Instantly, things that I love beganhappening more commonly in my life and God began bringing me happiness through those things that I love.

If there was one thing that I could convince everyone in the World about God, it is that He will bring to you the things you love. I knew this because the new God that I had discovered ACTUALLY MADE SENSE!!! Wait, wait, wait....you mean to say that even if you lvoe candy, then God will make sure he finds a way to more commonly bring candy into your life? My answer to this is yes. Why? BECAUSE GOD MAKES SENSE! OMG!

Yes, God may work in mysterious ways, but he never hates, for love is all God knows. Now this is where I see a lot of people getting caught up. They ask: If God does not hate, then why is there so much bad in the World? And people BLAME GOD. This is what just absolutely baffles me about the general population when it comes to their views of God. If God made everything happy then we would not have free will and people would hate God for that, but God did give us free will, we took advantage of it, turned our World into a craphole, and blamed it ON HIM!!! Why did we do this? because we could not accept that it was our own fault that we made all these things happen. Our ego told us that this has to be someone else's fault so we blamed it on Him.

Our ego's have have come through our skin and personally, I am still trying to weaken my ego every single day yet it still finds a way to surface on occasion. Altough it may surface, every single time I notice my ego is taking over, I shut it up and continue to strive to be a better being. That is all I ask of myself and that is all I ask that others try to do for themsleves.

To all those who have, like me, awoken, feel free to share, compare, and contrast your stories here.

-Cheers

edit on 20-4-2012 by xZodiacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
good on ya !

edit on 20-4-2012 by thenthinkagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

i dont get it, why do u insist to exhibit ur stupidity ?? as if u seek to humiliate urself but then why dont u respect others

ur words are inviting to more sleep, how do u become awake by living with god?? the more u r related to absolutes perspectives or states of being the more u r like anyone already existing claiming being mental or psyche, making everyone sleep and love to fly in minds while legs down still as never existin really

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Call yourself awake and you still believe in fairy tales? An all powerful, all knowing, omniscient being made of love, with the entire universe to busy himself with, cares about your happiness, and wants to make sure you have all the candy you could ever want? People use the term "Awake" pretty liberally here.

Well, I did what I thought was the most logical thing: simply do not think about bad things.

Yes, that is probably the best solution to the worlds problems. If we all just forget about them they will go away.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

let me ask you this...does thinking about bad things make you unhappy?
yuor answer I'm assuming would be yes.
Then why in the heck would you want to think about it?
I live my life by thinking logically, unlike many people today have forgotten how to do.
I understand that these things do not just "go away" in general, but the leave my own consciousness so therefore those thoughts about bad things have less of a chance of manifesting into mroe bad things. I understand why you are confused my friend, but you have to feel this way to understand it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I do not need to live with God because I believe that WE ARE ALL GOD. Otherwise, why would God call us His children?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

how is that waking up??

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Call yourself awake and you still believe in fairy tales? An all powerful, all knowing, omniscient being made of love, with the entire universe to busy himself with, cares about your happiness, and wants to make sure you have all the candy you could ever want? People use the term "Awake" pretty liberally here.

Well, I did what I thought was the most logical thing: simply do not think about bad things.

Yes, that is probably the best solution to the worlds problems. If we all just forget about them they will go away.

"Awake" refers to a person becoming aware of a deeper level of understanding. It's not the same for everybody. So really your "liberal applications" of the word "Awake" are really just a sampling of the variety and uniqueness of humanity.

If the OP experienced his awakening in this way, who are you to discredit him? What makes you more awake than him? And who gave you the one and only correct definition of Awake? Why are you attacking him and trying to bring him down for sharing something with us? These are not the actions of an "Awake" person. Perhaps you should go back to the drawing board and try waking up for real this time.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So I guess if Martin Luther King had just stopped thinking about civil rights because it made him sad, then god would have removed racism from the world.

Or maybe Gandhi should have just stopped thinking about his entire country being oppressed. That would have solved everything I'm sure.

Do you see where I'm going with this? We can't just bury our heads in the sand and pretend we're separate from the universe around us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

NO, u do not post when u r forcing stupidity in wording objective existence

awake is never about depth, awake is the opposite, clarity of objective move

being awake is realizin being real where the instant matter, as being the constant of being real

so it is about what u do in being u

saying that u r god or his children wont make u do anything nor admit being real at all

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

NO, u do not post when u r forcing stupidity in wording objective existence

awake is never about depth, awake is the opposite, clarity of objective move

being awake is realizin being real where the instant matter, as being the constant of being real

so it is about what u do in being u

saying that u r god or his children wont make u do anything nor admit being real at all

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You've got to be kidding me. I'm not the one calling myself awake, ostracizing myself from everyone else.

When you call yourself awake, you are intrinsically calling everyone who is not awake asleep. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to your beliefs isn't enlightened.

Closing your eyes and pretending everything is OK when there are real problems that need action to be solved doesn't sound very awake to me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can relate to your story. I grew up Christian and questioned many things (still do). I agree that we jacked everything up then blamed it on God. I believe God is the same no matter what name we call him. It was man that corrupted his true message. Yes, religion is corrupt and it's good to steer clear of it but to deny God altogether
I don't understand that one. I am not Christian anymore but love God just the same. Release as many shackles of this world as you can but keep God close. Also, we are not God. We are his beloved children whether we accept him or not. I'm sorry people came along to insult you, don't take it to heart. I laughed when you said your girlfriend's headaches went away....good one!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

As I stated in the first sentence, this is my personal story of becoming awake to what is true in this World. Famine, Disease, Corruption, Lies, Killing, Natural Disasters, Torture, Hunger, among many others are not true to this World. This World did not begin with those things in existence. WE created those things through our free will. I am waking up to new things that don't include all of the negatives of our current life including Wealth, Health, Balance, Truth, Living, Natural Beauty, Relief, among many others.
edit on 20-4-2012 by xZodiacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Leigh3

I'm sorry that sentence came out a little wrong...I meant it in a fashion that a part of God is in all of us. We are all God because he created us, from him.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I agree (with the OP.)

I don't get it, why are there posters here telling him he's stupid, then go off on a diatribe about being asleep? And Fairy Tales? Come on, y'all.

He has raised very valid points about Collective Consciousness, and the power of intent and thought.

Good on you, OP. I'll defend you on this one completely. I had similar awakenings in the spiritual, Eckhart Tolle's book was my catalyst.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I figured that's what you meant.

I didn't realize there was such a strong debate on who's awake and who's not. I don't really like that term either along with enlightened, only because I don't like labels. I can't think of what else it could be called then. Maybe "life changing event" or something. Either way, people put too much emphasis on words instead of listening to the message someone is trying to convey.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Thank you for understanding. I knew there would be at least one of you out there! I do not let the naysayers get me down because that would upset me and why think about something that is going to upset me? I choose to live in the present, make the most of the moment, and the goal is to be able to know what is going to happen in the future because in loving things you know that they will happen to you, based on my thinking.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Leigh3

Thank you I agree. I am very good with words until it comes to putting my feelings and beliefs into words, simply because our experiences are so unique so it is practically impossible for another to 100% relate with another.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Wait wait wait...Famine, Disease, Corruption, Lies, Killing, Natural Disasters, Torture, Hunger were all created by us?! So if it weren't for all our negative emotions the lions would lay with the lambs, nothing would ever have to die, tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes would all stop?

How can you have a universe with nothing but good and love in it? There is no love without hate, no life without death, no black without white. If you abolish one, the other one goes with it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join