It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacqueline Smith debates Rob Bishop about the NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Jacqueline Smith is running against Congressman Rob Bishop and debates him on the specifics of the NDAA, Indefinite Detention and how Congress needs to shape up!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Every time I see this It just pisses me off to no end

When will people wake up and smell the crap brewing in the gov.at all levels.

I wonder what the 16yr old said or did? that's the million dollar question

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A little too late for debate now. It is the law of the land. It would take an act of congress to undue the law. It was congress that approved the law. A little late for debate now.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Right. It's a done deal. We need to all be good little sheeple and just lay down and take it.
I don't think so! Virginia isn't going to take it.
New Law: Virginia will not cooperate with NDAA
why should anyone else? It's unconstitutional, not to mention dangerous. It's the law
of the elites. It ain't my law...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Here you go......

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Where's is the debate you speak of? It's video of clips that have been edited nicely. We all should know by now that security is a booming business and our rights are what "they" want to industrialize. You know that pesky constitution gets in "there" way, so "they" make a loophole and call it patriotic. We all applaud the "gov".....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
reply to post by emberscott

Right. It's a done deal. We need to all be good little sheeple and just lay down and take it.
I don't think so! Virginia isn't going to take it.
New Law: Virginia will not cooperate with NDAA
why should anyone else? It's unconstitutional, not to mention dangerous. It's the law
of the elites. It ain't my law...

Yes of course, because the constitution was considered with the utmost care, when the ndaa was passed into law.

RICHMOND, Va. – On Wednesday, the Virginia legislature overwhelmingly passed a law that forbids state agencies from cooperating with any federal attempt to exercise the indefinite detention without due process provisions written into sections 1021 and 1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act.

HB1160 “Prevents any agency, political subdivision, employee, or member of the military of Virginia from assisting an agency of the armed forces of the United States in the conduct of the investigation, prosecution, or detention of a United States citizen in violation of the United States Constitution, Constitution of Virginia, or any Virginia law or regulation.”

So the state of virginia has its very own military? Or is the military of virginia and the armed forces of the united states one in the same?

The law seems to me the law is nothing more than novelty. Or maybe it says somewhere in that law that the state of virginia will raise an army to oppose the armed forces of the united states, to guard against the provisions written into sections 1021 and 1022 of the ndaa.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I originally was really pissed with the Ashton Lundeby situation being from north carolina and believing that my state could allow such a thing to go on.. but if you've lived in NC long enough you know there's always a back story.. they don't just willie-nillie do things here.

Ends up Ashton wasn't such a good little boy: source

And why does everyone keep forgetting section 1032 subsection B? there's a clear line in there that states "to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

that seems pretty clear to me.. Don't misunderstand me either, I'm sure the govt. will misuse and or abuse it for sure.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Forty6and2 because: correct wordage

new topics

top topics

join