It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO in Russia (4-13-2012)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hi.

Okay guys this is your typical triangle thing but look at 1:45 one of the lights flashes then vanishes...(slow mo replay at the very end.)

So what do you think?

That's the first time I've seen the flash and vanish trick.

edit on 20-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Very interesting.

It seems to be moving quite slow plus I also thought these triangles were one ship but seems when one flashes and goes they maybe in formation and Three in total.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
the flash and vanish could be something as simple as a bulb blowing out?
i mean the lights are powered by bulbs so maybe thats it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There's typically no description for the video so its hard to tell , but at an educated guess I would say that it was filmed near or in St.Petersburg and the lights are military flares from an exercise in the area .
Whats happening over St. Petersberg?,

edit on 20-4-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That's really strange!

It moves very slowly across the sky and also move and flickers like (I don't want to say it) Chinese lanterns. However the flash puzzles me somewhat as a lantern flickers and dies out quite slowly.(At least the ones I have seen myself)

I don't know basically.

Cool vid.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

I thought it was one ship too so maybe something failed like a light or engine.

If it's three ships I think the enemy aliens vaporized one of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I like how the light conveniently goes out right after he zooms back in on it. Maybe a coincidence...who knows. Just found it kind of odd.

Also strange the way the light flashed before going out. Had sort of an effect to it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Would flares stay in that tight of a formation for that long?

Do they flash like that before they die?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by gortex

Would flares stay in that tight of a formation for that long?

Do they flash like that before they die?

They do if they're on parachutes

Here's a helpful piece of information found by Pauligirl
Pauligirl post

edit on 20-4-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Okay maybe....but all of those were just hanging there.
If the wind was blowing them like you imply in the video I posted do you think they would maintain the formation?

What about the flash?
edit on 20-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

1. It moves slow without much variation if any in speed.
2. It moves in one direction.
3. It has an incremental rate of descent.
4. It never ascends or gains altitude.

5. It does not do anything typically associated with UFO 'behavior', like sudden fast movement, sudden changes in direction, strange maneuvering, etc.

The only thing really all that unusual is the characteristic of 3 lights in a triangle configuration, and the event of one suddenly flashing and going dead.

In consideration of 1 - 4, plus number 5, I'm led to feel that this is entirely terrestrial, and also entirely mundane.

In other words, I think though the videographer may have thought they caught something unusual, they were filming someone's hoax UFO.

That is of course speculation based on 1 - 4 plus 5.

With number 1, it could be pushed by the wind. this also applies to number 2.
With number 3, it could be balloons losing air, but, that's just a guess.
With number 4, this seems more like something that is not under intelligent control, and ditto with number 5.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

No.

It's a ufo.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain the flash. If you watch at the end you will see the other two ships go out and then come back on.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I've watched the video 3 times all the way through.

I stand by my previous post.

It acts mundane and not at all unusual on 5 points. The flash is interesting, but, not so unusual that it couldn't also be associated with something very terrestrial and very mundane.

I'm sorry if this does not fit your preconceptions or bias.

I stand by my assessment.

You are welcome to believe what you wish.

In addition, LED lights can be very bright, and despite claims that they don't burn out, they do.

This doesn't mean these are LED lights, but, as a guess, I'd say they were, or perhaps military flares under parachutes where flares can and will burn out, sometimes with a brighter magnesium flash
Burning magnesium - note the flash at the end:

now imagine that suspended on a parachute at night, floating in the wind.

A common mistake made by many is: If I don't know what it is then it must be aliens.
It's okay. Lots of people make this error. If you don't know what it is, it's simply outside your personal knowledge and experience.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I agree, UFO. What makes it stand apart is the flash.
It's going in one direction, many UFO's have done that.
It's moving slow, many UFO's have done that too.
It appears to be descending, but could be moving further away in distance and keeping the same altitude. There has been a few interesting sightings in St. Petersburg lately, huh?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
There's typically no description for the video so its hard to tell , but at an educated guess I would say that it was filmed near or in St.Petersburg and the lights are military flares from an exercise in the area .
Whats happening over St. Petersberg?,

edit on 20-4-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

DUDE!!!! You're answer to everything is flares isn't it? I mean seriously, I hope you're joking. If you think those are flares then you need to put an application in with the government. Except you need to learn to be a little bit more convincing and explain how in the hell flares can act this way. Again, I hope you're joking!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

So why don't you tell us what you think we are seeing in the OP video , or was your only reason for posting to rattle my cage .

post by chrismicha77
Again, I hope you're joking!

Sorry to dash your hopes but no I'm not joking , we know there was a military training exercise around the time of the OP video around St Petersberg , we don't know where the video was filmed as they don't seem to think its important for us to know (Fishy), but if it was St Petersberg then tell me why it couldn't be flares being used as part of the exercise .

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If you click frame by frame during the slo-mow part of the video, you will see at 3:13-3:14 a large flash, but the "light" is still there right after the flash, and fades away, appearing more like a flare burn-out then an object suddenly disappearing. Its a shame the video is so blurry and low resolution. I personally lean toward flares, but I can't be 100% sure, obviously. It would of been nice if the objects did something out of the ordinary, but the triangle formation, and the flash are all explainable with more mundane reasoning.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I don't know what you're seeing in the video but it's not flares. Flares descend even if they're on chutes, they do not travel parallel with no descent. Whatever it is stays at the same altitude during the filming. They also stay in formation which flares do not do, even if tied together, they will make different formations. Why would the military tie them together, why did they only release three of them, why do they not descend, if the wind was that strong to push them then why do they not rotate? Answer all these questions for us. Tell us why flares are being released as often as they are. You read of one military exercise in the area and you associate all of this activity with it.

I'm not calling you out but you've got to come better with the flare scenario everytime.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Also strange the way the light flashed before going out. Had sort of an effect to it.

Agreed. If anything makes this look like a computer generate fake, that would be it. If you assume that the flickering of the lights has something to do with atmospheric interference at a distance, then the flash would also have that kind of irregular flickering to it. This seemed way too even and smooth.

Otherwise, it's a Russian attempt at duplicating a US flying platform, and one of the light bulbs burned out.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't look at ats for ufo stuff, but this caught my eye. Five or six years ago I was on my way to the pub with a friend. I was looking up at the night sky and remarking how clear it was, when from one side I saw three pinkish blobs of light, in the same equilateral triangle formation. "wow, look at that!" I said to my companion. "oh, it's them" said my friend. As I watched, these lights traveled at a constant speed across the sky, kind of jigging from side to side as they went, but keeping perfect formation, until they disappeared over a bank of cloud sitting on the horizon.
My companion then told me how she and her partner had been sat outside having a barbie one evening, when three identical blobs of light had arrived from different directions, formed into the same triangular formation, and shot off at high speed, disappearing into the far distance. Hence my friend's comment.
A year or so later I was sat at my pc one saturday evening, and I looked over my shoulder out of the window. I saw a single 'fireball', stationary. It remained stationary for mabye five minutes or so, then suddenly, with a kind of corkscrew manouvre, it shot off at tremendous speed over the horizon. Back at my pc, about half an hour later, I saw the exact same thing again, stationary for a few minutes, then the same corkscrew manouvre away at speed. Speaking to a friend on the phone the day after, her and her partner had seen what sounded like the same thing, but in the afternoon. "Chinese lantern" was what anyone else I told said, but a friend of mine buys them by the boxful and sets them off regularly, I have seen enough of them to know that the fireballs I saw were many times brighter, and moved much faster.
Sorry I have no photos or video, but I have tried to describe what I saw as accurately as possible, seeing the OP's vid reminded me so I thought I would put this here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join