It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Bill 1813 (aka MAP-21), another haystack for hiding needles...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Our political players bring us another masterpiece of political legislation...

This time, I would like to generally address another "Act" by the political celebrities we vote for.

S. 1813

The short title is "Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act" or "MAP-21"
The opening line decribing the purpose is the usual establishment double-speak"

To reauthorize Federal-aid highway and highway safety construction programs, and for other purposes.

... need I point out the presence of their favorite phrase? "... and for other purposes."

I will not bury you, dear reader, in a barrage of details which you may or may want to see. ( for those who do just visit: www.govtrack.us... ... and bring coffee.)

This behemoth legislation passed the Senate on March 14, 2012. It is, the usual morass of disparate and disjointed changes to rule and insertions of new powers we should have come to expect from them by now... thank you Barbara Boxer (D) from California.

Reported in the "Business Insider" www.businessinsider.com... the presetners there focused on a few things which got thier knickers in a knot, namely;

As part of Senate Bill 1813 (known as MAP-21), Congress has inserted language that would oblige the Secretary of State to revoke or deny a passport to any U.S. citizen who the IRS Commissioner deems as having "seriously delinquent tax debt."

For the purposes of MAP-21, "seriously delinquent tax debt" is defined as an amount in excess of $50,000 in which a notice of lien or levy has been filed in public records.

Bear in mind, this is strictly an administrative procedure; there is no due process. By comparison, even pedophiles go in front of a judge before losing their passports.

Something is wrong with this picture.

Something certainly is wrong with this picture. Since when is it the State Departments' charge to act as an arm of the IRS. Also, since the IRS is nothing more than an enforcement branch for the privately-owned Federal Reserve Banking cartel; why is the State department being ordered by our politicans to secure delinquent revenue sources for them?

What are we to do? According to our politicians... suck it up.

However, to limit the problems with this 1676-page bill to that observation however, is hardly a complete review, and even the reporters and editors at the Business Insider noted some other gems we need to be prepared for...

in what may be one of the most depraved Big Brother moves on record, section 31406 of the bill makes it mandatory for "black box" event recorders to be installed in every new passenger vehicle starting with model year 2015.

So from some point forward, it will 'technically' be possible for law enforcement to 'resurrect' past driving offenses from the system and issue tickets long after the events.... since it is now "officially" recorded by a government standard monsitoring system. Of course, I'm sure we will be promised that this won't happen.

But skipping forward to Title II.. "Stop Taxhaven Abuse" check this out.. as the author puts it...

..if the U.S. government decides in its sole discretion that a foreign jurisdiction is impeding tax enforcement, Uncle Sam can shut them out of the U.S. financial system, no questions asked.

A financial kill switch with which to threaten foreign banks ... and once again... in protection of "tax enforcement" - read IRS/Fed here again... this does - by the way - violate certain trade agreements and more than a few legal challenges are going to come from any attempt to use this power..... it should be interesting.

Oddly, this journal recommends ...

... start focusing on taking action while the window is still open. This involves seeking a second passport (lest you have yours revoked), moving gold out of the country, and establishing a foreign bank account.

Hmmm... could that be the ultimate goal.. to get Americans to further spread "their" wealth outside the country?

The Act contains eight (8) Divisions...

(1) Division A-Federal-aid Highways and Highway Safety Construction Programs.
(2) Division B-Public Transportation.
(3) Division C-Transportation Safety and Surface Transportation Policy.
(4) Division D-Finance.
(5) Division E-Research and Education.
(6) Division F-Miscellaneous.
(7) Division G-Air Transportation.
(8) Division H-Budgetary Effects.

In order to do this justice.. I would need to bore you to death over the seemingly endless litanny of things we need to dissect, lest we fall to the usual flim-flammery of the legal eagles and the celebrities who engage them to get what they want...

For example, did you know:

(1) DEFINITIONS- In this subsection, the following definitions apply:
The term ‘small business concern’ does not include any concern or group of concerns controlled by the same socially and economically disadvantaged individual or individuals that have average annual gross receipts during the preceding 3 fiscal years in excess of $22,410,000

Ever wonder how they come up with a number so clearly specific to define who is and isn't a "small business concern"?

How about

(1) DEFINITIONS- In this subsection, the following definitions apply:

(B) SOCIALLY AND ECONOMICALLY DISADVANTAGED INDIVIDUALS- The term ‘socially and economically disadvantaged individuals’ means--

(i) women; and

So just being a woman makes you "socially and economically disadvantaged?"

Or could it be that the "wives" of the rich and powerful now play an integral role in being figurehead leaders in their husband's commercial ventures?

... and that's just a small sample from the first few pages...

Here's another winner.

SEC. 1103. DEFINITIONS.
(a) Definitions- Section 101(a) of title 23, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by striking paragraphs (6), (7), (9), (12), (19), (20), (24), (25), (26), (28), (38), and (39);

(2) by redesignating paragraphs (2), (3), (4), (5), (8), (13), (14), (15), (16), (17), (18), (21), (22), (23), (27), (29), (30), (31), (32), (33), (34), (35), (36), and (37) as paragraphs (3), (4), (5), (6), (9), (12), (13), (14), (15), (16), (17), (18), (19), (20), (21), (22), (23), (24), (25), (26), (28), (29), (33), and (34), respectively;

One must wonder how this change will be effected, what does it relate to, and why on earth it had to be inserted this way... so no citizen can easily understand it's implications?

In fact this entire act seesm to be a way to insert re-writes and changes in other pieces of established legislation... so much so, that if one were to isolate the actual proposed Highway subject matter. the whole thing would be less than 100 pages.

All the rest is the tried and true political flummery of inserting all the 'bit's and pieces' of special interest demands and instructions.

I can't linger too long on this because it will drag me in and consume me until it's entirely analyzed... but the last mention i want to bring up is about the "Miscelaneous" Division which touches on: Life insurance, Cigarrette roling machines, phased retirement, sale of life insurance policies excluded from tax liabilities (for some), sefl-determination and rural schools....

I find this to be the very essence of non-transparent legislation... intended to keep the non-corporate citizen in the dark... but hey... I'm cynical...

edit on 19-4-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They can pass this but still fillabuster on taxing the rich?

Yarg

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

As part of Senate Bill 1813 (known as MAP-21), Congress has inserted language that would oblige the Secretary of State to revoke or deny a passport to any U.S. citizen who the IRS Commissioner deems as having "seriously delinquent tax debt." For the purposes of MAP-21, "seriously delinquent tax debt" is defined as an amount in excess of $50,000 in which a notice of lien or levy has been filed in public records.

"For the purposes of MAP-21, "seriously delinquent tax debt" is defined as an amount in excess of $50,000"
But the bill doesn't give any definition of what constitutes a "seriously delinquent tax debt." It could be time delinquent or amount.

To me it sounds like the USA just became a debtors prison to further fund the government and to keep the people from leaving in droves when the real changes start happening.

Do you pay attention to your passport? Sure you know that it expires in 3 more years or 5 more years. Would you know if it had been revoked? Or would it be a pleasant surprise for you when you try to more your family somewhere a little safer.

That is another thing. Does this revoke the passport for the head of the household or the stay at home mom and kids as well?

You cant let the wife and kids leave if the father and husband has to stay behind. Then you have no hold on him. That's how you make a freedom fighter.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
About what I've come to expect from the scum In the cesspool that the capital of this nation has become. Use a bill that the public wants to alter previous legislation to suit the needs of their masters. Wonder which lobbiest payed for this abomination?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I know it would add countless hours to their workload (but then with their salaries, shouldn't they have a pretty big workload anyways???), but doesn't it seem more logical to require that one bill = one subject matter? I mean the ability to title something, briefly discuss the title topic, and then continue to write about whatever you want... that was DESIGNED so you wouldn't see bills such as "Bill 2431: Power to arrest citizens for the justification of 'because I said so'" etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The structure and presentation of this legislature seems to be directly in contravention of constitutional law, as it was passed in 2010.

In other words; the way the Act is written, it's against the law.

www.plain-writing-association.org...
www.plainlanguage.gov...
abcnews.go.com...

With little fanfare, President Obama this week signed The Plain Writing Act of 2010.

The new law requires that government documents be written in "plain language," defined as "writing that is clear, concise, well-organized, and follows other best practices appropriate to the subject or field and intended audience."

Put simply, you have to be able to understand it.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by closerseemsfurther
reply to post by Maxmars

I know it would add countless hours to their workload (but then with their salaries, shouldn't they have a pretty big workload anyways???), but doesn't it seem more logical to require that one bill = one subject matter? I mean the ability to title something, briefly discuss the title topic, and then continue to write about whatever you want... that was DESIGNED so you wouldn't see bills such as "Bill 2431: Power to arrest citizens for the justification of 'because I said so'" etc.

Now that's just crazy talk, that's what that is...

How do you expect them to pass the all important legislation that we need in order to progress as a society but are just too ignorant to be able to accept at this point in our development? You (o k maybe not YOU, but maybe your grandchildren) will eventually come to realize what wise and benevolent leaders we have that are willing to do the hard things that we can't or won't do for ourselves...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talvar

Originally posted by closerseemsfurther
reply to post by Maxmars

Now that's just crazy talk, that's what that is...

How do you expect them to pass the all important legislation that we need in order to progress as a society but are just too ignorant to be able to accept at this point in our development? You (o k maybe not YOU, but maybe your grandchildren) will eventually come to realize what wise and benevolent leaders we have that are willing to do the hard things that we can't or won't do for ourselves...

Bills are now written by lobbyists and special-interest groups; in fact many legislators don't even read them. (Legislative aides do most of the reading, but I think in many cases they only read the parts that apply to their particular lawmaker: Which is to say, the ones they can put dollar values on for their particular lawmaker.)

I think what happened here was that a number of special-interest groups had some special legislative changes that would benefit them, but needed a way to hide a whole lot of evil where it would be least noticed. Who's gonna read a damn highway bill, for crying out loud? Just stuff it full of evil crap and pass it before anybody finds it all....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 4/19/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
SPAM removed by Admin
edit on Apr 19th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"The greatest [calamity] which could befall [us would be] submission to a government of unlimited powers."
Thomas Jefferson

“Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.”
Thomas Jefferson

"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
James Madison

"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man who knows what the law is today can guess what is will be tomorrow."
James Madison

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
Patrick Henry

“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.”
Thomas Jefferson

An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, the power to destroy.
Daniel Webster

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”
George Washington

The problem is always the same. Inaction of the people is the government politicians best defense to get everything they want. Inaction keeps bad politicians in office. Inaction give mores power to the government. Inaction destroys people rights and limits their freedom. This Bill 1813 will most likely become law because most people just complain, very few people do anything to fix anything in this country. I have begun weekly faxing and writing and emailing my representatives in regards to my opposition to senate bill 1813 and the attached IRS amendment. I am doing everything I can think of to prevent Senate Bill 1813 and the attached amendment giving new power to the IRS to revoke and suspend passports from becoming law. Everyone needs to do something to make their country better, that means making sure their representatives are not destroying the country. Our forefathers would have died trying to keep America great. Nowadays Americans just sit back and watch the country deteriorate. They let politicians destroy their own country. Inaction is allowing our politicians to destroy our country. Complaining is good but please do something useful to prevent the senate bill 1813 and the amendment giving the IRS new powers to revoke passports from becoming law.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Many years ago, after the Civil War, one of the heroes of abolition, Fredrick Douglas was asked how one could best serve the community... his response... "Agitate! Agitate! Agitate!"

There is such a thing as doing nothing, but the real demon is not caring enough.

top topics

join