It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - April 19th, The Start of the Revolution - A REVISIT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

rior to April 19th, 1775, do you know what the British Monarchy did to the American people to warrant such hate to cause an uprising of the magnitude they were about to get?

Technically they became the American people once the nation of America, the United States of, actually existed come 1783

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
there doesn't need to be a war, there needs to be an infiltration of government positions and a secret investigation into anyone working against the interests of American citizens.

once that happens, you take control of the forces and re-write protocols and government mandates.

we need a citizen spy agency, spying on the government and it's intelligence agencies.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

See.. I think you are kind of mistaken. I think when it gets to that certain point revolution can and will happen in the US. People are realizing that they are enslaved, by low wages, high cost of living and a poor economy.

The fact that you have to constantly pay to have a place to live and own property is finally being felt for the first time in a long time. I mean it has really only been ten years or less since things have gotten really bad ( I mean bad, living in a crappy apartment with cable and plenty of food, able to do whatever you want in your free time, isn't bad). I think that you will see more protest and revolution if things get worse or stay how they are for say, another ten years.

It really hasn't been that bad that long. It takes a little time. I think you would be surprised at how similar Americans were then compared to now. I will agree that more people are contented now. There are a lot more drugs/unhealthy food addictions, and lower education, but that isn't enough to cap a revolution if it were to happen. The amount of people unhappy with the establishment candidate is a sign, the amount of people wanting revolutionary change using diplomatic channels by supporting RP.
Maybe we will see. I personally would prefer us to be able to change diplomatically rather than revolution, because despite the change coming faster it sets a country back a bit and they have to stagnate rather than progress. I would prefer we could bring the world together and start moving into space, but that's just me.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And yet people are content with this. People are fine with this. Somehow, people still wake up each day, go to their 9-5's, eat their dinners, watch their nightly news, post on ATS, go to sleep, rinse, repeat, and do absolutely nothing - day in, day out, nothing more than complaining, making excuses to make them feel better about doing nothing and accepting their lives inside of a cage.

I'm curious...and I asked this of someone else recently that was complaining about their life.

What would you like your day to be like?

What exactly is missing in your life?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Prior to April 19th, 1775, do you know what the British Monarchy did to the American people to warrant such hate to cause an uprising of the magnitude they were about to get?

The Stamp Act - The act placed taxes on a handful of goods ranging up to 12% on some items.
The Townshend Act - The act placed an 8%-12% tax on teas which led to the Boston Tea Party
The Boston Massacre - A riot control gone wrong that left 5 dead and several wounded
The Intolerable Acts - In response to above- placed restrictions on town meetings, allowed British troops and officers to be tried outside of Massachusetts, and required the housing of British troops.

There are other issues most are unaware, the total tax levied on the average citizen at this time was around 5%

The Townshend Act or tea tax made imported teas from Briton cheaper than domestically grown tea, and of other imported tea from Dutch merchants, this was the whole purpose of the act. It was the first attempt of government to pass legislation into law benefiting a company over the citizens, the company was the British East India Company.

The Boston Tea Party was designed and carried out by the group known as the Sons of Liberty, the Sons of Liberty were made up mostly of Free Masons.

Another interesting fact about the revolutionary war was that 60% of the population could care less and that 30% of the population were Patriots and 10% were Tories.

The 30% that made up the Patriots were what you would call Progressives today and the 10% known as Tories would be considered Conservatives.....

Our ancestors did not take much grief from government, nothing like today.

edit on 19-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Judging from your pic and you using the phrase "revolution" you are a communist I take it... Your talking about what happened way back when... What we need is NOT a COMMUNIST REVOLUTION, what we DO need is a RESTORATION of a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

I'm so damn sick of people using the term revolution without ever even considering where the term came from.

People do need to take up arms some of you may not agree with what I am about to say but to damn bad... People need to take up arms and fight any and all branches of government. Even the police. They too have chosen thier side, not ours. Keep in mind the police are not there to protect and serve the citizens, no no no... They are there to protect and serve corporate interest. Like I said all branches of government must come down. And a restoration must take place. Otherwise we are doomed to repeat.

The public education system has been indoctrinating our youth into a materialistic society. The pledge of alliegence is brainwashing, the military taking people while in thier youth gee I wonder why... Because thier brain still hasnt developed enough to decipher truth from bull#.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

therefore it is imperitive to enact an Alliance to restore the Republic....now where have I heard that before??...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I did NOT say to restore the republic... Read it again.. I said a CONSTITUTIONAL republic... There is a difference.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Couldn't wait till tomorrow so I read it.
Well is was well worth reading.
It makes me Iill to think the way we have been fooled into letting the criminals run our countries and deciding what way we live.

Greet thread !

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Have only been able to peruse it. Looks rather interesting. Posting to reread and return. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

The solution is another civil war!

2nd

No. The real solution is a change in attitude. If people's attitudes don't change, war will accomplish very little.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think what is missing in most people's lives is decent wages. More people working low paying jobs. Lack of security.

There are a lot of things missing in people's lives. Are you serious? People not having to worry that losing their jobs means losing their place to stay and not being able to put any money back.

People not being able to start business because a lot of them fold because most of the country is poor therefore it costs more to start up and less profit comes in.

I would say people want better jobs, and security. Considering that most people are underemployed I would bet that an even higher percentage have no money to save. No retirement, they are just doing good to keep a roof over their heads every month. That is the enslavement OP is talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I agree with your post in theory and I do believe that most people don't even have a clue to what is being slowly implemented however my friend I have to ask you a question are you ready to die for this cause?Are you ready to carry the water for so many that just don't have the awareness or lets face it the intelligence to see what the world governments are slowly doing? Most of the masses don't get it because that's the way the system is set up from primary school. Government will decree curfews and detention camps will become filled with dissidents and these detention camps are run by military contracting companies and yes people will die and much blood will fill the streets before the end is near because this change we all want will only come from a coup.Bottom line .You can ignore this opinion, or trash it but it is the only way things will change, you only have to look at history to realise this is true.
You can fool yourself into believing that movements like occupy wall street and anonymous will change the political landscape but intellectuals and thinkers have to become soldiers as well .Witty commentary on discussion forums is great exercise for for intellectual growth of the people on the fringe, but those are the same people that are going to have to lead the charge.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Homeland Security Is Buying 450 Million New Bullets

Read more: articles.businessinsider.com...

Why does Homeland Security need 450,000,000 rounds of ammo?
Something must be getting ready to happen.

Gees that's enough for 1 to be used on all of us

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just like the first revolution a first shot is required then we cant stop shooting until we are dead or victorious so who's first? If you build it they will come....i think you get the idea

If you fail you are a traitor, if you die your a martyr and if you win your a revolutionary....either way you will change the world
edit on 4/19/2012 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

According to the OP...one of the problems is people being happy with their 9-5 job. He somehow considers that enslavement.

So I'm not sure you and the OP are on the same page.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

WELL SAID! I wish that I could give 1,000 stars and flags.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Foolish mortals. The problem is, The rest of The SheopleNations (which the International Banksters control as well as America) will come to the aid of the enemies within. NATO without a doubt. It won't be just American Revolutionaries fighting The American Government, but American Revolutionaries fighting many puppet governments. It would not suprise me one bit if they invited the Chinese over to help protect their investment. Don't think that it won't happen because they will do anything and everything in order to stay in power. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What do you mean?

We are free. To pay taxes.
And support that candidate that the media chooses for us
To buy things we don't need.
To support war profiteering

You are free to go to school.
To go into debt.
To get a job to pay off the debt.
You want to have a baby. You have to pay the healthcare bill. more debt.
You work hard to pay off your debt, most of you life is dedicated to it.
You need a house now. The biggest debt of your life.
You need to move, so you need a car to get to your work and get food from the grocery store, that they tax you on.

Tax tax tax
Debt debt debt
Interest.

I think the term is called human farming.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree with 90% of what you introduced in your thread. I too believe that revolution is inevitable, although I do not know how long it will be before blood is shed. I just hope that the people do not let the government go as far as taking their right to bear arms away...Because then the revolution will be even more bloody and savage.

This government that masquerades as a republic, or democracy, is mainly driven by greed. Maybe it is hard to see on the surface, but underneath, greed and selfish want of power reign. This is why there will be a revolution, because a system that perpetuates this behavior can only last for so long. The class antagonisms will only continue to increase, and things just will not get better, because the only way for that to happen is for human nature to change.

The truth is that "honest" people, who truly care about the country and the people is an extremely rare thing when it comes to politicians, for the most part. This is because most of those who want to become involved in politics do so for personal gain, as those who really and truly care just do not have the heart to do what they will be pressured to do in office, amongst other things that would go against an honest person's character. Basically the majority of our politicians are sociopaths...

That isn't the only problem however. Our government is too large, for one thing, which just makes things more difficult for everyone, since none of these different branches and sectors communicate. Our "capitalist" system has turned out to be something it was never supposed to be. The government was never supposed to be allowed to give powers to the FED like they have, and that organization should never have even existed.

Politicians are not held accountable for what they promise on the campaign trail, therefore you tell me how voting for someone means you are being represented honestly and fairly in this republican government? You vote for someone thinking they share your views, and then they go and vote exactly the opposite. The government should prevent this.

They should also prevent conflicts of interest, ie between the corporate and political worlds. Nothing good can come from that relationship for the people. Corporations and other predatory capitalists, since they are technically a "person", need to be strictly regulated for the benefit of the American people. People whine that the government should leave their big business alone, but that is only because they want to continue screwing the population out of their hard-earned money...They make money on the same money over and over again.

I could rant all day, but the point is that I agree with the majority of what you said, and there is so much wrong with this country that people either ignore, or don't know, and the only way it can end is in revolution, because it would be next to impossible to loosen ourselves from this stranglehold that has been put on us in a legal way, e.g. through congress. Haha, that's just funny to think about. It's also a huge coincidence that almost every member of congress was making oodles of money during a down market, while the majority of the population was sinking.

Wall Street needs to be regulated as well, but as I said, it will never happen because there will always be people who are so callous that they have no problem exploiting other people for their own personal gain. That's why this "democracy" will end in revolution. They tell you that you are free, but you are not, and most do not question that. Go read from philosophers like Locke, Hume, Aristotle, etc, or even the US Constitution, because that is what was intended, for the most part, for the USA. The Constitution is not supposed to show what rights the people have, but it is rather to restrain the government, giving deference to the people themselves. This has been turned on us, and is just another drop in the hat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join