It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn: Drivers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If you are TOO BUSY to use your turn signals, pull off the road, take care of your business, and then continue your drive without distraction.
If you are TOO LAZY to use your turn signals, believe yourself to be "TOO COOL" to use your turn signals, or actually believe that you are out of "blinker fluid", pull your vehicle off the road, hand your keys to the nearest RESPONSIBLE adult, and kindly exit the gene pool.

Thank You.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I recently had a retard had his turn signal on for 15 mins.... i was afraid if i try to overtake him he might actually turn and hit me.

Whats with idiots and parallel driving beside 18 wheelers?

18 wheelers have their speed limit, so they need to maintain that, and cars usually overtake them, then you always have this 1 idiot who parallel drives beside the 18 wheeler and locks up everyone behind him, not only that, i DONT want to drive beside an 18 wheeler, if a piece of the tire breaks out, i'm a dead man.

edit on 4/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
ha ha ha! i would like to add to your rant by saying,us cyclists are not targets! i know you have an uncompelling urge to aim your vehicle at us,or just generally don't care about us!
get off your damn cell phone and pay attention. it may be one of my children your running over! put your makeup on at home. eat your food at home.driving is a privilage,not a luxury,and you don't own the road. i nearly get run over at least once a week on my bike.i have to ride defencivley to avoid death because of retarded drivers with their head in the clouds.and yes i have been hit 3 times so far by drivers trying to make a quick left turn or people turning right and looking left to see if their way is clear not looking for pedestrians.people are in too much of a hurry now days to use common sense.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hate being able to guess when an idiot is about to turn when they have no turn signal on. I have gotten pretty good at guessing what stupid drivers will do.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Most cyclists never get hit, by a pretty huge majority. If you've been struck three times I'd have to wonder if you just live in a particularly bad area for riding, or if maybe you have some dangerous habits of your own.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Don't get me started.

In my area almost NO one uses a turn signal. When I'm pulling out of a parking lot there's always one driver who's turning right INTO the lot, but doesn't use his signal. If I knew he were turning I could go ahead and leave the lot; but NO. He gets right up to me and then turns into the lot--but now it's too late: There are 38 cars behind him who are NOT turning into the lot, and now I have to wait for them!

Or I'm driving the freeway to work. I like to get in the left lane and get THROUGH the traffic to that area of thin traffic in between the group of idiots I'm in and the group of idiots a half-mile ahead. But just as SOON as I'm about to hit 75mph, here comes some dimwit--without using a signal, of course--in such a g...damn hurry to get in front of me--and then slows down to 50! That's why there are so many road-rage incidents.

Like most of you, I could go on all day. But--don't get me started....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And let's not forget the rocket scientists who use their signal after they've made their turn. I see that a lot.

My personal favorite is those who use the signal opposite to the direction they are actually turning in. I have seen that done by more than one patrol car.

Here in Nashville, it's a requirement that all right-hand turns be made from the lane farthest to the left.

edit on 4/19/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I know and hate those drivers, too! What is it this time? Did your turn light break down? REPAIR IT! Was it way too much of a hazzle to stick out your ring finger and use that crank? DON'T BE SO LAZY!

My best part why I hate those not-blinkers: they are leaving a roundabout traffic and are required to indicate that. Okay, you could say, if he/she forgot it thats not soooo bad, right?....

But how can I be sure that the next car FORGOT IT, TOO?!
If he forgot to indicate, I could drive into that roundabout traffic without a problem.
But if he/she DID NOT FORGET IT but simply didn't want to leave the roundabout, I will crash into this next car, WHOSE DRIVER WAS DRIVING ALLRIGHT! Simply because I thought he would have forgotten just like that lazy a** before him who left the roundabout without indication.

Yes, thank you. Not.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I just want to say that I am very tired of hearing stuff like this from bicyclists. Mostly because, I have lived in a few cities in Colorado, and there are bicyclists that are worse than motorists. We have bike lanes in our town, specifically for these people, but some of them will still ride in the vehicle lanes, slowing everyone down behind them. I especially hate it when I'm at a red light, with another car besides me, and some bicyclists will then ride up to the red light, right between us, on the dashed lines. That's not a lane!!! That's the dividing line between lanes!!!

I'm sorry, I will admit, people can't drive worth a crud for the most part, but from what I've seen, a lot of people can't ride their bikes worth a crud, either. Yet, they moan and cry whenever they get hit. I ride my bike a lot. In fact, I've been riding my bike for over 24 years. I even ride my bike in a college town, where people are pretty bad drivers, and I've only come close to getting hit twice in my life. Both times I fully admit, I was being foolish.

People do need to learn to drive, but they also need to learn to ride a bike.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Haha!
I am right there with ya, I could go on and on and on, but figured I'd limit this particular rant to the rampant turn signal douchebaggery.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

We have one roundabout where I live and it happens to be on a main road going into the city. It's bad enough that people like to see how fast they can go around it. Some genius decided it would look nice with some foliage in the middle. Now there's bushes and small trees filling the whole thing. You can only see about a quarter way around it. This particular one isn't very big and I've had several close calls.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This was not always so. I myself am guilty of running with a signal on sometimes. Back in the day, turn signal flashers were nosier than they are today. They went click, click, click, and you could hear this. I even had one that played "Love me Tender." People didn't like the noise, so the factories made them quiet. Here is an idea, how about just making them noisy again? I kinda miss that. I also miss wing vents, rear antennas, twin exhaust, chrome, and loud, powerful engines.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I will let you in on something... Signals on most cars, I find, are optional on most years.

I may not be guilty of hitting cyclists, but sometimes I wish I could. XD

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
From my own experience, I try to guess most of the time what retarded move the drivers in front of me will perform and try to anticipate.
But,
I have also noticed that, BMW, Jaguars, Cadillac's, Porsche's, Land Rovers, etc (basically any car that costs more than average) seem to come with optional turn signals.
In other words, 85% of the time I see someone failing to use their turn signals, are driving those kind of cars.
Like they think these rules does not apply to them, since they drive such expensive rides. "Let the proles guess what my next move will be, mmmmwwwaahahahah. Out of my way, I'm a selfish motorist who drives a car better than your POS."

And no, this is not jealousy, I am perfectly happy with my KIA, I couldn't ask for more.

Thanks for your rant OP, always feels good to vent...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
LOL! My husband never remembers to use his turn signal, it drives me crazy.

Try driving in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. It is like everybody is on massive doses of crack and they all have a death wish. It's like a vicious roller derby fought with Ford F-150s.

I remember being stuck in traffic, which had just bunched up and came to a complete halt. The lane next to mine had some room in the lane. I watched some young guy, slack-jawed with glassy eyes, actually accelerate into the car stopped ahead of him. He literally gunned it and slammed into the car in front of him.

Then he just sat there as the smoke from the air bag swirled around him, and did nothing. He didn't even close his mouth.

Anybody who has driven in DFW knows what I'm talking about. I grew up learning to drive the freeways of LA. LA freeways are like garden parties compared to the Dallas insanity. And no, nobody uses their turn signal there either.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slinki
If you are TOO BUSY to use your turn signals, pull off the road, take care of your business, and then continue your drive without distraction.
If you are TOO LAZY to use your turn signals, believe yourself to be "TOO COOL" to use your turn signals, or actually believe that you are out of "blinker fluid", pull your vehicle off the road, hand your keys to the nearest RESPONSIBLE adult, and kindly exit the gene pool.

Thank You.

California actually has a nice law about this. Basically, it goes, in cases where it is not to be assumed that you will turn, and there are other people who might benefit from the indication, you must use your turn signal. IE, use you turn signal in the presence of others when change lanes. Humorously, however, people keep their turn signals on even while in lanes designated for turning - it can be assumed they are turning without the turn signal - while they fail to use the indicator prior to turning into the turn lane.

It is not, however, just a matter of using the turn signal. The greater problem is that people have become terribly inconsiderate, rash, and selfish; and, subsequently, bad driving is common.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rufflen

i ride a bycicle,and i ride on the side walk,because riding on the road is suicide!

i got hit twice when a car came up to the stopsighn wanting to turn right but looking left,and just goes!
the other time i was 1/2 way cross the road and someone turning left tried to beat the trafick and clipped me!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

yes i know of these cyclists. bike couriours are the worst!!! well you will be happy to know i am NOT one of those cyclists!
i am very courtious,and always give the right of way. i did drive a car for over 20 years so i know the rules of the road. i just find a lot of motorists think they have more right than me.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have to come back and add to this rant because I simply could not believe what I was seeing...
There was a man in a classic Benz in front of me. We were coming to a stop at a red light and suddenly I see his left blinker go on as well as his reverse lights. I hit the brakes and came to a stop and he reverses in to the left lane to access the freeway... I'm thinking, "so glad I was paying attention..." and as I creep past him notice that the guy is actually brushing his teeth

Hey, at least he used his turn signal...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join