It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How to fix America

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'll keep it short and sweet. The plan I propose is basic and simple. It strikes at
the most easily compromised point of political malfeasance and corruption.


1. Outlaw electronic voting for all federal elections.
Public count of all federal votes
Require ID and SS to vote with vote attached to name--no anonymity
End voter registration
End Electoral College--popular vote only


2. Outlaw incumbency in Senate and Congress--one term only
Outlaw political lobbying


3. Dismantle the IRS and institute flat sales tax on all purchase at every point of sale
--from raw goods to final manufacturing to resell.

4. Restore control of US money supply and rate of interest rates on loans to US Treasury

5. Strongly secure border against contraband, illegal immigration and terrorist threat.
(you may not like this part)
Grant one time amnesty to current illegal immigrants who voluntarily register to obtain a
Social Security number and enter the accountable American work force.




posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
america is the most powerful country in the world and can fix any problem it likes, just let the military take charge and bring the bankers to there knees, take back everything they have stolen and then some. empower the constitution and the bill of rights and hey its fixed



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
May I add

Pay all taxes to the state you live/work in and let the states pay the government.

Give power back to the states to pass any law that they want as long as it isn't unconstitiutional.
This would allow states to compete for citizens.. because more citizens equals more revenue for them which would in turn allow people different life style areas to choose from.

The Federal Reserve has to go... however most people didn't know that its 100 year contract with the U.S. is up in 2013... so we will see what happens.. I beleive this will be when the U.S. dollar falls from the world standard and people are going to be screwed.


edit on 19-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rival
 


Keeping in mind the political game is just that a game. Political leaders just need to tell the truth, no sugar coating of how bad things are and what REALLY needs done to get the Americanaz back on track...

IT SEEMS THE GAME IS THE CURRENT PRES. ELECT OF THE TIME OF INTEREST PASSES THE ISSUES DOWN TO THE NEXT LEADER AFTER ALL THE FAME WEARS OFF AND THAT DOES NOT FIX THE COUNTRY IT ONLY LEAVES THE COUNTRY LEFT WITH BACKLOGGED ISSUES THAT CAN OVERWHELM THE PRES. THAT IS TO BE NEXT RUNNER UP (that's why I respect Obama because the level of fixing he was going to or has taken on took a bit of courage to take on and I can respect that, it was a mess before he entered and I knew it was going to be a up hill battle with the issues and with the people of the AMERICANAZ being upset with him fornot fixing the issues fast). Let the people know there are issues that need fixed and share how they really can be fixed even if it seems like sharing the data may harm an election, never know it may help if the voters see more transparency in the issues. If this can be done it will assist with all the other helping factors to get this land mass back on track.

edit on 4/19/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
like rome and egypt america the great empire is doomed to fail the reason why greed corruption lies scandal no fixing this one, just like the titanic america will sink



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rival
 


I agree with all that except the one term limit for congress. I would allow them to have a two term limit like the President.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
No amnesty. We did that in 1987 with the "promise" of never again. NO! fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Give them 90 days to self deport with no punitive measures taken. After 90 days: Round em up. Drop them off in the space between the US/Mexican border. Seize everything they have accumulated in their time here and sell at auction proceeds to go towards reimbursing public schools for the money they spent educating illegals. Anchor babies are technically citizens. End that provision. Current ones can stay, but all non citizens including their parents must go. If anchor babies leave with parents, take finger prints. They may return when they are 18 if they desire with prints used to confirm identity. Institute draconian punishments against any company that knowingly hires illegals and against any landlord that knowingly rents to illegals. Institute English(American) as the national language. Require positive id to vote. We cannot afford to support them. Their governments need to do it.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
reply to post by rival
 


I agree with all that except the one term limit for congress. I would allow them to have a two term limit like the President.
Ok, but no grandfathering in. If they have already served 2 or more terms, they are out on their a$$.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
May I add

Pay all taxes to the state you live/work in and let the states pay the government.

Give power back to the states to pass any law that they want as long as it isn't unconstitiutional.
This would allow states to compete for citizens.. because more citizens equals more revenue for them which would in turn allow people different life style areas to choose from.

The Federal Reserve has to go... however most people didn't know that its 100 year contract with the U.S. is up in 2013... so we will see what happens.. I beleive this will be when the U.S. dollar falls from the world standard and people are going to be screwed.


edit on 19-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)


I like the idea of empowering the states but the sharing of tax revenue between the federal and state
level would have to be looked at closely. My biggest fear would be the creation of am even more
economically segregated society. I think a per-capita disbursement of tax funds would also have to
be factored in as well.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfboss1
america is the most powerful country in the world and can fix any problem it likes, just let the military take charge and bring the bankers to there knees, take back everything they have stolen and then some. empower the constitution and the bill of rights and hey its fixed


That will be the last thing "America" ever does...Then it will be called the country that sadly and formerly was known as "America...

Good ideas to the OP however!
edit on 19-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I like the idea of empowering the states but the sharing of tax revenue between the federal and state
level would have to be looked at closely. My biggest fear would be the creation of am even more
economically segregated society. I think a per-capita disbursement of tax funds would also have to
be factored in as well.
I don't understand what you mean here. The federal government(states and localities also) should only get enough taxes to fulfill their basic functions. For the federal government that list is Constitutionally restricted, and the fact that the feds are exceeding their Constitutionally delegated duties is THE major source of our problems.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by rival
I like the idea of empowering the states but the sharing of tax revenue between the federal and state
level would have to be looked at closely. My biggest fear would be the creation of am even more
economically segregated society. I think a per-capita disbursement of tax funds would also have to
be factored in as well.
I don't understand what you mean here. The federal government(states and localities also) should only get enough taxes to fulfill their basic functions. For the federal government that list is Constitutionally restricted, and the fact that the feds are exceeding their Constitutionally delegated duties is THE major source of our problems.



I mean the sharing of revenue (in my proposition) between the states and the federal government
would require some math. Allocating tax revenue would require some balance of commercial
industry, density of population in a region/state/locale, and other factors. I can foresee problems,
but not any that bright economic students couldn't handle....and freshly elected politicians



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rival
 


Not bad, but what about the CIA. they certainly are going to have a problem with you restricting illegal drug flow over the borders. yeah...come to think of it the CIA has their dirty little hands in just about everything you mentioned. 6) dismantle the CIA



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
reply to post by rival
 


Not bad, but what about the CIA. they certainly are going to have a problem with you restricting illegal drug flow over the borders. yeah...come to think of it the CIA has their dirty little hands in just about everything you mentioned. 6) dismantle the CIA


I like this idea as well, but not as a priority. On the priority list it would fit in somewhere between
dismantling FEMA and figuring out how to regulate and restrict monopoly in the telecommunication
and media industries.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If the electorial college goes so should the term limit. If someone is doing an awesome job why throw them out? Term limits may make politicians pass laws to help themselves out after their two terms are up. (like laws that help their privaste businesses when they go back to them)

MOTF!



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
If the electorial college goes so should the term limit. If someone is doing an awesome job why throw them out? Term limits may make politicians pass laws to help themselves out after their two terms are up. (like laws that help their privaste businesses when they go back to them)

MOTF!
Awesome job? There is only one out of 435 in the house. So, term limits are a fine idea. If a politician works to pass such a law where either he or a family member directly benefit; or if found accepting a bribe to pass a law for someone else there should be a 25-50 year prison term at hard labor. Said law should also be immediately made void.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


LOL I seriously hope you didnt mistake that remark for me thinking anyone thats in there now is doing an awesome job.

The thread title is "How to Fix America" and silly me, I automatically assumed that the first thing would be to put 95% of politicians out on their backside to begin with.



posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


LOL I seriously hope you didnt mistake that remark for me thinking anyone thats in there now is doing an awesome job.
I was not sure and did not want to ASSume


Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!The thread title is "How to Fix America" and silly me, I automatically assumed that the first thing would be to put 95% of politicians out on their backside to begin with.
Make that 100%, and we are in agreement. Term limits would help make sure that the political "ruling class" never again rose up to bother us.



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join