It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

An Invercargill man who claims his partner died because she drank too much Coca-Cola says she consumed up to eight litres a day.

Possible death by Coke?

Now, i do enjoy a ice cold glass of coke every now and then but this is rediculous!
Although there isn't much evidence as yet, that she died because of the consumption of so much
of the famous fizzy beverage, there does beckon a larger question out of all of this...

Is Coke gonna kill me?

Coke is BAD mmmmmmKay. Obviously anyone drinking anything like 'coke' at that level is going to run
into serious health issues early in their life. But thats just common sense really, i mean who would think
otherwise? (trick question) Also have you seen some people trying to get away from coke? They get
withdrawals like they where taking coc aine or something, it's crazy!

Anyway do you think they should put sufficient warning labels on fizzy drinks like this?
Citing the adverse health effects that one can experience from excessive consumption?

I really hope this guy isn't going to try get money out of Coca-Cola.
His wife should of known it's not good for her, while her family and partner didn't seem too bothered with
trying to get her to cut back a bit....

I also cant imagine she was the type of person who was exercising and eating healthy all the time except
for her 'coke' habit.

End of the day, it goes to show how fragile the Human body can be towards certain abuses of it, we only have one and it really can be your temple, or prison.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

In a study published in the journal Epidemiology, the team compared the dietary habits of 465 people with chronic kidney disease and 467 healthy people. After controlling for various factors, the team found that drinking two or more colas a day — whether artificially sweetened or regular — was linked to a twofold risk of chronic kidney disease.

The Claim: Too Much Cola Can Cause Kidney Problems

Too much of it,can cause chronic problems.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

ANY overindulgence in a certain food or drink to this ridiculous extent can cause severe health problems.

It's too bad Coke is getting blamed for this woman's poor choices.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is worrying.. I drink at least one small 550 ml bottle a day and to be honest, I do sometimes feel like I am addicted to it... Don't really drink Diet Coke cause of Aspartame, but I guess normal coke is just as bad..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Strange you mention this. It's something I wonder about.

Are you familiar with Christina Onassis? She was the daughter of Aristotle Onassis and the step daughter of Jackie Kennedy-Onassis.

She would have crates of coca cola shipped in just for her to consume. Died at the age of 37.

I always wondered if THAT much coke was a factor. Her diet was a suspect in her death but it could be possible all those chemicals in coke played a factor in her early death.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

too much of anything is bad for you..

people have died from drinking too much water (not drowning) water poisoning/intoxication i believe.

and the amount of sugar in coke, its clear drinking too much coke is going to be a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Yea that's what i reckon.

Of course Coke is bad, what did she think was gonna happen? I think the blame is either
her personal motivation levels, or education or really just not giving a crap till its too late.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
How much did she weigh?

This is a factor.

If she was a large woman, there would be all kinds of things wrong with her.

Heart disease, sleep apnea.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Absolutely, didn't someone once say something along the lines of, "a large quantity of any substance can become a toxin"

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

This may sound a bit harsh but,....

This is called survival of the fittest.
The weeding out process.
Thinning of the herd.

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

What is sad is what she chose to put her family thru.
When I pray tonight, I will pray for them.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
8 Liters a day?! She didn't drink it, she swam in it. I think even water could be said to bring problems at THAT high rate of daily consumption. Wow.... Coke isn't good for us and it takes someone who can't read a label to say otherwise. Maybe she was one. She died of her own stupidity in that case, and my sympathy well runs dry. However, coke didn't kill her....I believe the term is Sloth. She didn't need to tip the scales, in my opinion and I hate talking ill of the dead..but goodness.

Darwin's theory is once again shown in action. However it all started, Evolution sure does nature's housekeeping in the day to day sense.

Warning labels? Warning for what? "If you consume this product like a pig in his feed trough, you may have some serious problems!" ? Yikes!

link   
If you research a bit into how bad refined sugar is for you, and then think about how much they dump into each bottle/can of coke, I don't think it's surprising at all to be honest. Sad to think it was probably due to a soft drink, but also sad that she didn't realise how damaging the drink probably is.

link   
mercury, high fructose, 4-methylimidazole

why do people need sugar and flavorings in liters upon liters of something that passes across taste buds only fractions of a second??

edit on 19-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

link   
No. Because extremely excessive consumption of anything can lead to adverse affects. Unless you're going to start putting warnings on everything from sodas to milk to oranges.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
how do they explain this move:

www.steadyhealth.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.

Ah, yes, legalize PCP, meth, and every other drug so that idiots can lapse into drug-induced psychosis and kill innocent "smart" people. Sounds like a plan.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

Ah, yes, legalize PCP, meth, and every other drug so that idiots can lapse into drug-induced psychosis and kill innocent "smart" people. Sounds like a plan.

Got a better one?

He does sound a bit aggravated about something but he does have a point.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque
reply to post by Skinon

Oh yes, so many people were being killed over drugs when they weren't illegal!
It's not like Coca Cola ever contained the unprocessed de-coc ained leaf of the Coca plant, is it?

edit on 19/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I guess she really liked Coke wow hope there is coke in heaven. Anyways while in line at walmart i ran into a guy that happened to be watching what i was buying, it was a case of pepsi and mountain dew he said that he was a truck driver and that the pallet of mt dew weighed 200 pounds more then the pallet of pepsi. He said it is super bad for your teeth, ok lol dental advice from a truck driver what im getting at is 200 pounds more sugar is quite a bit right

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Thats a lot of extra weight for similar types of drinks... OMG.. Bet you still bought it though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join