It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This may sound a bit harsh but,....

This is called survival of the fittest.
The weeding out process.
Thinning of the herd.

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

What is sad is what she chose to put her family thru.
When I pray tonight, I will pray for them.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Exactly: Social Darwinism. The data to make informed decisions is provided, and those choosing to ignore the data, for whatever reason, pay. I'm really beginning to believe that's what we're seeing every day, and those of us that inspect and choose wisely are rewarded with a longer and more robust survival. Others, unable to escape the "I want. I need now." paradigm suffer. It's a combination of intellect and impulse control, and both can be beasts with their own agenda.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

All of that sodium was pickling her organs. She must have been feeling sick for a long long time before finally succumbing to this crap. It was a long slow death for her, of acidity, dehydration, and internal pickling. There had to have been warning signs, and she probably kept on drinking anyway. Sad. I don't know how a person can consume that much soda and not have edema all throughout the body.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Four years ago we went on vacation and bought a few case of soda, we couldn't take them on the plane home so I felt compelled to drink as much as possible the last day. I don't know how much I drank but I felt really bad.

Haven't touched a soda since and don't plan to ever again. It was a little difficult at first but now I don't even notice. I don't even feel like a cheap skate anymore ordering water when we eat out.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm not sure how long Pepsi Next has been out, but they just started carrying it at our store. (I'm in the mountains). I read the label the other day and it had all of those things in it. What is the purpose of having HFCS and aspartame in one drink? I'm confounded!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Anyone ever hear about using coke to remove rust from chrome bumpers? I tried it years ago and guess what it worked.

Coke doesn't have sugar in it, it has high fructose corn syrup, which is an entirely different thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Coke doesn't have sugar in it, it has high fructose corn syrup, which is an entirely different thing.

It has real sugar in it in every part of the world, except North America. As always: The world has more countries than just the USA

It's also interesting to not, that there seems to be quite the Anti-Cola movement here on ATS for the past few weeks. How many topics have been opened and how many times does one guy jump in telling the rust story? Disinfo Agents who repeat the same stuff over and over?

As for this story: How can one person even consume 8 liters per day? Is it even possible? Let alone 8 liters of Cola...i highly doubt that story.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

i use coke to burn corrosion off car batteries. enough said.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Screwed

Sound a bit harsh?
Ya think?

C'mon, now - legalize all drugs, really?
What about people who get badly injured and have to take Oxcontin and get addicted?
They deserve to die because they needed a drug to help with the pain?
- One example of many.

I can see your point and I agree with freedom of choice but there's so many chemicals out there people can't possibly learn all the dangerous effects of them before they start using them, we'd all have to be professional chemists.
What's a shame is how many dangerous ones are on the market like Aspartame that people blithely believe are safe in any quantity.
I believe it's possible to die from too much Coke, especially the diet variety.

Whoooooah there fella.
No one said anything about deserving to die.

If a white guy strolls into an urban area wearing a white bedsheet and a pillow case over his head he doesn't "deserve" to die but............He sure as hell WILL!

If a black man in the 1950's in Southern Alabama kissed a white girl he doesn't "deserve to die" but he sure as hell WILL.

If a drunk college kid decides it would be a good idea to dive off the third floor balcony into the hotel swimming pool without even checking to see if it is full he doesn't "deserve" to die but.............he sure as hell WILL.

If a 16 year old kid who just got his license decides it would be a good idea to surf on the roof of his car while his buddy takes the wheel he doesn't "deserve" to die but he sure as hell WILL!

In each of these examples there is ONE essential ingrediant missing which is VITAL to the propagation and survival of the human race.

COMMON SENSE!!!!

If you aint got it, you go by by.

The problem in our world is that we have interferred with the natural process in many cases and shielded people from the weeding out process. However, as this lady has proven, we can't shield everyone.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
8 liters = one carton of coke. My husband drinks this much every day -- diet coke. He is addicted to it -- I don't care what anyone says. A can of coke is the very first thing he reaches for when he wakes up, he goes through physical withdrawal if he tries to curb his intake, he freaks out if we are running low, he is always plotting where to buy it the most cheap, he brings his own "stash" whenever we go to any party; he avoids going to certain areas of the world that don't have the "right" kind of diet coke that he prefers -- all similar, familiar addictive behaviors to when I used to be a smoker....

Even more bizarre, every night in the wee hours he gets up out of bed, goes into the kitchen, and downs a can. It boggles my mind that he can then go right back to sleep. There have been times he's done this and he's been sleep walking -- he's not even aware he's gone in to the kitchen to drink a coke. (He doesn't sip it -- he chugs it down).

That said, to those who suggested this woman died because she had other bad health habits: my husband is as healthy as an ox, except for "unexplained" anemia that does not respond to B12 injections. He's been through every test imaginable and he's very healthy. He's extremely fit and his diet is exemplary -- except for his diet coke. His teeth are also fine, as he's careful to rinse/brush frequently.

Check this out:

lpi.oregonstate.edu...

The amount of phosphorus in a case of soda is around 960 mg. That amount is definitely not good for one's kidneys (my husband must always be near a bathroom... his kidneys are quite efficient). I doubt it's good for the heart -- that woman died of a sudden heart aneurism.

My bet would be on the phosphorous being the culprit.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I was not aware that they use real sugar in other parts of the world. Thanks for the info. That's the best part of ATS, learning how things are in the rest of the world. Lord knows the MSM here doesn't tell us anything.

As for the rust thing I heard about it about 30 years ago, because I had a car with rusty chrome bumpers(and at the time not much money), and because coke was 10 cents a bottle at the time, I tried it and it worked great. It made my bumpers nice and shiny.

So if they use sugar elseware in the world, I guess they are just trying to kill Americans. That figures.
edit on 4/19/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You drink 8 LITRES of ANYTHING a day, it's probably gonna kill you in the end. Water included.

However, you put that much sugar and caffeine in your system on a regular basis, and yes, you'll probably die.

Coca Cola makes no apologies or even tries to hide the fact that its beverages are highly caffeinated and have high amounts of sugar in them.

Coke have no apologies to make over the death of this woman. It may sound harsh, but there is a strong measure of personal responsibility that should have been taken here.
edit on 19-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Cola, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs yadayadayada. It's what you do with it that makes it bad. No one put a gun to that woman's head and forced her to blow her heart up with caffiene, she did that on her own.

TPTB will give you whatever you want and let you hang yourself with it, thats what they do. Thats the Illuminati for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Blame it on the Coca Cola.

I'm sure it's probable, but its ok, it doesn't matter.
No need for personal accountability here folks, drink as much of it as you want, ObamaCare will take care of you.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

"I didn't ever think about the Coke. I never considered it would do any harm to a person. It's a soft drink ... I didn't think a drink's going to kill you," he said.

=====
If there is anyone who seriously thinks the same way about Soft Drinks like this gentleman in the article, then I strongly suggest you take some middle school classes. It's tragic that people with such knowledge exist.
8 LITRES of Coke a day is similar to drinking poison in installments. Soft drink corrodes your teeth, kills your bone density and structure, affects your gums, and internal organs. Not to mention that non cola drinks like Fanta, etc have other poisons like High Fructose Corn Syrup. On top of everything else, such drinks dehydrate your system completely.

A Can of COKE or a similar drink has about 8 spoons of Sugar my friends. And that is the MAX recommended intake of sugar for a normal adult. So if you're drinking 8 bloody litres of COKE a day and expect to have nothing happen to you, I pity you.

It's very sad that she died but what makes me more sad is the comment above by her partner. Wake up people and start drinking healthy fluids, water and juices.
Peace

P.S. And like babybunnies said above, don't blame anyone else, blame yourself for the decisions you make

edit on 19-4-2012 by himalayanhermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why shouldn't Coca-Cola be liable in this? If the evidence is conducive to death by 'Coke' then shouldn't the same wrath be wrought against them like the Tobacco giants in the 90s?

The American Heart Association recommends 25 grams of sugar a day for women. If she drank 8 liters a day, that's 960 grams of sugar a day.! The risks include: obesity, heart disease, hypertension and cancer.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I drink 3, maybe 4 cans a day, thats it for me

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Coca Cola makes no apologies or even tries to hide the fact that its beverages are highly caffeinated and have high amounts of sugar in them.

Why should they? Ingredients are listed on the bottle they are not hiding it and coke was never meant to replace water in the first place. In Europe, responsible parents give their (bigger) kids one coke a week > because it is caffeinated and unhealthy for every day consumption. When i was little it was every sunday
and we would get one small glass bottle/with sugar, the best combination i swear.

Fast forward a couple of decades and some people became irrational. Eating MCD 5 times a day, drinking 8 liters of coke, c'mon show some self control, common sense and stop blaming others (like the CEO of CocaCola company) for your own shortcomings, like this one among many others

Derived from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow, gluttony (Latin, gula) is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow I drink so much coke and other fizzy drinks myself and from an early age, hope i don't drop dead!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Most likely anyone who consumes coke at such quantities, have other life risking habits as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Yes, in a grocery store here recently they got glass bottles cokes with real sugar. I bought a few as treats. And they are every bit as good as I remember them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join