It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman drank 8 Litres of Coke a day, Now shes dead at 30....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Yikes... If someone were to show you a gun and tell you the little curved metal thingy on the bottom makes a loud bang that really hurts if the open pipe is pointed at you when it goes bang, are ya going to run out to the garage and test that too?

I hope you're kidding about having run right out to DO exactly what killed that healthy young woman. As silly and stupid as it sounds...I recall the news and talk shows when that happened. She really IS dead from drinking too much water and it's a tragedy. It'd be far more so if someone else died right behind her trying to prove she didn't die from what killed her. Eeek.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The woman they are talking about was probably practicing before the event and had acquired a slight mineral deficiency in the times leading to the competition. The competition was probably the last straw that broke the camels back. BiggerPicture should be ok from this one time ordeal. I'm sure he is going to learn never to do it again.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Actually.. If you read the article.. She was a normal housewife trying to win a Wii. It goes into quite a bit of detail and links to far more detail about how it was, quite literally, the 2 gallons of water in a little over 3 hours that was the sole cause of her death.

I'm surprised people have such a hard time with the idea that she died from what she died of. Really.. 2 regular, unassuming gallons of water. Nothing more..and nothing special or weird or unusual beyond that. It's what the medical people calling into the radio show were trying to warn the DJ's about while they were laughing about the whole thing and also, saying water couldn't kill a healthy person.

As the article states and the Medical Examiner confirmed....Their little contest killed her, dead as any other cause could have. It's also, again, what kills a large number of teenagers every year. They do club drugs like MDMA, drink water like a fish...because that is one of the side effects...and then drop dead on the club floor later that night from water poisoning.

Public service announcements have actually run more than once here warning about the dangers of over consumption of water like that. it's been a couple years now since I've seen one...but we had a few issues in this area with it, so they made the effort at least once.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think a person should even drink ten glasses of water a day. She could have died from a one time deal like that if she didn't have enough salt reserves in her body. I frequently run out of sodium because I stay away from processed foods. It's called Hypernatremia. If I don't eat enough salt I get tired and start to bloat. It's just a genetic thing my dad tried to teach me about when I was young. He didn't realize I ate a lot of potato chips, peanuts, and popcorn and couldn't understand why I wasn't craving salt like he did. I guess kids sometimes do things different than their parents and we don't realize these things till later in life. I have a hard time trying to talk to my daughter, she thinks this hereditary thing I talk about isn't the same for her yet she is being treated for thyroid problems and avoids salt like the plague. The only reason that salt hurts us is because the fluoride reacts with the HCL in the stomach making Hydrogen Fluoride. The compounding action of fluoridation then causes diseases like acid reflux. Their idiotic solution is to reduce stomach acid. This causes problems with bacterial overgrowth and a whole lot of other problems resulting in susceptibility to cancer. What a joke.

Back to the post. I can't see any reason to drink two gallons of water unless you are trying to flush cyanide out of the body. That would have to be done under a controlled environment like a hospital setting. I'd never drink that much, if you get overly thirsty take a bite out of an onion or have some garlic. A little bit of grapefruit juice also contains theo Sulfate to neutralize the cyanide thirst. Want to know of the cyanide thirst? Go eat a chokecherry.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

According to this article she probably was suffering from hypokalemia (electrolyte dilution.)
Also symptoms of caffeine toxicity.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Shame...
Limbo

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
www.livestrong.com...

they're recommending a whole gallon...

that's almost 4 liters a day, being recommended

i still don't see how drinking 8 liters of water is being and equated to and construed as dangerous as drinking 8 liters of soda (to downplay the OP title, maybe?)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Well, the same site addresses water overdose. www.livestrong.com... Drinking distilled water is worse yet and deionized water is even worse than that. It is possible that water from certain springs can have minerals in the right combination so that no harm could come from drinking excess water amounts. I said possible, not probable. I've never heard of one.

Coke has a couple of electrolytes in it that make you pee. Phosphorus and sodium stimulate the kidneys to expel water in healthy individuals. I'm not by any means saying that drinking that much coke is ok to drink. I think I'd puke if I drank that much coke in a day.

I can't believe someone would even drink a gallon of water a day. A gallon of beer, that's a different story.

edit on 22-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I drink 2 litres or more a day of pepsi max and have tried and come off it for periods of time in the past. When i have i felt like i had flu i had constant head aches, had no energy it was awful i think i lasted 2 weeks or more. I drank it again because the cravings were terrible even now if it has gone past 12pm and i have not had some i get head aches. i am going to start to reduce i allways knew it was bad for me as it is sugar free i thought it would be ok.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kmeredith
I drink 2 litres or more a day of pepsi max and have tried and come off it for periods of time in the past. When i have i felt like i had flu i had constant head aches, had no energy it was awful i think i lasted 2 weeks or more. I drank it again because the cravings were terrible even now if it has gone past 12pm and i have not had some i get head aches. i am going to start to reduce i allways knew it was bad for me as it is sugar free i thought it would be ok.

2 litres is obsessive / compulsive behavior...or to be simplistic, you just really like something. It is good to be aware if you are pre-disposed to this behavior before picking up habits. The only thing i am aware of, in your case with Pepsi, that seems to cause headaches is the caffeine. I dont drink much soda at all but do drink coffee and to me i never understood how people can say it (coffee) gets them addicted because luckily it never had that effect on me. I suppose tea would be better but i never particularly cared for it.

Note: I am not saying coffee is not or cannot be addictive just that i dont have the compulsion to drink coffee...although the more you drink of something the greater the chance you will miss it when taken away.

Since these are minor addiction, in your case it would be best to just do without, since you have this pre-disposition, and ride the headache out.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

8 litres a day, that's wow...

Is it even possible to drink that much liquid in a day?

Coke isn't good for you (duh), all is in within moderation though.

That is just terrible though .. 30, still young.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

I could not imagine drink that much soda but then neither can i see someone drinking that much coffee because it would give a person heart palpitations and make you very jittery. Wonder how long that person would last drinking 8 litres of coffee.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by wulff

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skinon

This may sound a bit harsh but,....

This is called survival of the fittest.
The weeding out process.
Thinning of the herd.

This is why all ALL ALL drugs should be legal.
There will be a massive amount of deaths initially and then?????

Then, the rest of us who aren't F****ING stupid will have more oxygen with which to breath.
The world will be a better place and we will all be better off for it.

What is sad is what she chose to put her family thru.
When I pray tonight, I will pray for them.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

You don't sound harsh, you sound selfish! Let everyone you deem 'undesirable' so you can live a happy life! Apparently you know little about people with cancer addicted to pain medication, etc. but I guess in your world they too are 'F****ing stupid too!

Umm, could you kindly tell me just what in the hell Cancer has to do with illegal drugs or Cokacola??
and where did I say ANYTHING about anyone being undesirable?
You are clearly using emotion to have a debate which never works out too well with someone who is using logic.

If you would like to debate natural selection or the thinning of the herd let me know.
I will not have a debate about someone with cancer
who is addicted to pain meds

Were you being serious or are you just F*****ing with me???
edit on 20-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

I'm NEVER serious! Life is too short for that! LOL!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I know this is a week old but there are a lot of information out there regarding Coke (you notice it's hardly ever Pepsi?)
There is an email going around about how cops use it to clean up blood well, the truth is, cops don't clean up after an accident, if the fire dept is on site they usually hose it down. It also stated that the mechanics at the Coke plant use it to clean the truck motors! This is stupid, the ONLY thing that would do is leave a sticky mess... the only thing that would clean is the phosphoric acid so why wouldn't they use it straight?
Let's face it, as it goes anything that is overused will cause health problems and I think a lot of these horror stories are placed by other competitors to scare people.
I guarantee if Coke wasn't the highest selling soft drink they would be picking on number 2 (Pepsi)!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Please read this letter written by the victims sister and mother on a MSM website in New Zealand.

Snippet:

'People need to have walked in her shoes'' to understand why she did it, Ms Finlayson said. ''As people use marijuana or drink, she used it as a comfort and obviously got addicted. Ad Feedback ''She wasn't stupid. She lived a tragic sad life and the Coke was her comfort. She had very little other than her kids.'' The first thing she would do in the morning was have a glass of Coke, and then she'd finish her day the same way, Mr Hodgkinson told the inquest. ''I didn't think a soft drink was going to kill her,'' he said.

www.stuff.co.nz...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join