posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
reply to post by rickymouse
Actually.. If you read the article.. She was a normal housewife trying to win a Wii. It goes into quite a bit of detail and links to far more detail
about how it was, quite literally, the 2 gallons of water in a little over 3 hours that was the sole cause of her death.
I'm surprised people have such a hard time with the idea that she died from what she died of. Really.. 2 regular, unassuming gallons of water.
Nothing more..and nothing special or weird or unusual beyond that. It's what the medical people calling into the radio show were trying to warn the
DJ's about while they were laughing about the whole thing and also, saying water couldn't kill a healthy person.
As the article states and the Medical Examiner confirmed....Their little contest killed her, dead as any other cause could have. It's also, again,
what kills a large number of teenagers every year. They do club drugs like MDMA, drink water like a fish...because that is one of the side
effects...and then drop dead on the club floor later that night from water poisoning.
Public service announcements have actually run more than once here warning about the dangers of over consumption of water like that. it's been a
couple years now since I've seen one...but we had a few issues in this area with it, so they made the effort at least once.