It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hope 2012 prediction does not occur

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
as i watch my son play i really hope that the 2012 end of times prediction does not occur, the thought of only 8 months left with my son is unbearable!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I know man. I have 2 boys, 6 and 2 and have not lived with them since before the 2 year old was born. It isn't because of anything to do with me and the mother we are still married and everything but we can't live together because ever since losing our place they have had to live with her mother. And for some reason the government is willing to help crack addicts before college students who both have over a 3.0 gpa and have 2 young children. I mean I usually see them everyday but we just can't live under the same roof til we can find a place, which seems to be impossible. If it does come true I might never actually live with the youngest child. However, I don't think any of that crap will really happen, or at least not so badly. I just don't think it is going o be the end of the world. I am more worried about the country falling apart or world war right now. But I know how you feel.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Guys, if you are talking about the Mayan predictions, then don't worry.

I do not think anything will happen. I am off the believe it is nothing but fear mongering, and some ridiculous theories that got blown way out of proportion.

So enjoy every day with your family and friends as if its your last, but know, it will not end on Dec 2012

vvv

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
listening to your troubles has cheered me up! lol no serious im sorry to hear that pal, im suppose im lucky to spend time with him until december that is

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
vister, don't worry.. the world won't end in December.. that's my prediction anyway.. and I have a better track record than all the doomers combined.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The 2012 phenomenon in is all about an end of an era - and the beginning of a NEW ONE.
No one said anything 'bout end of world besides fearmongering msm + Hollywood.

Maybe we'll also get the long needed change in human consciousness, some evolution of body+soul, mixed with some nice apocalypse. now keep in mind what apocalypse means

(Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation")
Don't know about you, but living right in the middle of the apocalypse is the reason why i'm here.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The only "end of the world" I can possibly forsee is the end on the bankster's economic one.

Having these people lose their power over us is something you should look forward to if you have children, because if it doesn't, their adult lives are going to be far, far harder than ours.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Given that NONE of the 2012 predictions have any objective evidence behind them...I think it's pretty safe to say your son won't have to fear 2012

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vister74

If it is something you are that concerned about, why did you reproduce?

Why not hang on until 2013, y'know just to be sure?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well then you're in luck. There is no 2012 prediction. At least not one made by the Maya. We do of course have tons made by other people who claim their predictions come from the Maya. 2012 is merely a cash cow for the fringe and New Age authors. Nothing more. Nothing less.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The Mayans said that it was supposed to be the end of an aeon/age/era, whatever you want to call it. They say nothing about the "end of the world", just a shift into a new age. I don't know where people are getting these apocalyptic theories from. Stop watching so many damn movies.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

And I don't know where people are getting these shift into a new age theories from. Ok, actually I do. It's just that those sources aren't Mayan. At least the doomsday supporters can point to something like the Dresden Codex and say it promises disaster (even though it mentions no date). For the New Age believers they're using an Aztec prophecy (with no date associated with it) and applying it to a Mayan calendar that was out of use by the time the prophecy was created.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Have no worries friend. The Maya didn't predict anything with a calendar system. The cycle everyone gets so excited about is the ending of the 13th Baktun (a set length of time). It is no different than our calendar moving from March into April.

And...there is still the very good chance that all these people are barking a misinterpreted date...Dec. 21, 2012 may or may not be correct...but even if it does mark the end of the 13th Baktun, It is no different than say March 31 rolling into April.

No fear.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Go outside.
You worry too much and you're gonna make your son neurotic.
2012 is a money making scheme, movie, fantasy, fairy tale. Not something people in the "real" world are worried about. Sooo, DONT WORRY.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Or...................................................................................

maybe its just another day.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok guys
We are already awake and conscious.
We dont need awakening. I am not peeing in my pants so I am conscious.
That is all new age nonsense.
Dec 22, I will be out shopping and fretting the approaching holiday that I am never ready for. LOL.
I wont be any more awake than I am today and probably I'll be less awake because of all the late nights wrapping presents and trimming the house.
How many times does this have to play out before we stop giving these dooms day predictions our attention. They never pan out. NEVER.

Why should this be any different?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yeah, I wish I had found a way to cash in on this but I am a day late again.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hoping some mass tragedy away has never prevented them before. Not saying that anything will happen on 12/21/12 though.

The only thing you could have done to avoid familial tragedy in some global event is to not have had offspring. Or at least put off having children until after the date you're worried about.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

How do you know ?
If they were prevented and didnt occur. Just sayin....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
the mayans also believe mankind was LITERALLY made of ;

mud
amber
wood

no worries mate !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join