It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing name

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Im changing my first and last name and dropping my middle name, and now my new expression number is 11. Does that mean I'm going to become more intuitive, psychic and increase my potential like other 11s or will I keep my same expression number as my original name.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm curious...are you doing a name change just to get the number 11.....

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My name is now Tom Sawyer since earlier this year, can you interpret its meaning?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Yes you like the band Rush and you also like fender guitars

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
why are you changing your name? 11 isn't a real number,it is 9 +2.
the only numbers are 0-9. every other number is a combination of these numbers.
if your number is 11,then you add 1+1 together,and you would be a 2.
in the tarot you would be the priestess. but you should follow your personal number by adding up all the digits in the year,month,and day you were born. this will give you your personal number.
for example,if you were born on jan,1,2012, you would add them 1+1+2+0+1+2 = 7.
if your answer gives you a double digit,then you ad those together so get a single digit number.this is your personal number.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt

Yes you like the band Rush and you also like fender guitars

WHAT KIND OF HOODOO VOODOO IS THIS?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

hey! i like rush but i haven't changed my name to one of their tunes,and i play gibson guitars!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by rushunt

hey! i like rush but i haven't changed my name to one of their tunes,and i play gibson guitars!!!!

Gibson, fender, Ibanez, first act by walmart, we are still brothers of the fret board

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Your real name is 'I' so is mine and everyone elses. Any other name is a lie.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Your real name is 'I' so is mine and everyone elses. Any other name is a lie.

I am the I AM. we are all the I AM. When God said I am the I AM He was saying He is the We are. what.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No it just happens to come out to a 11

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
why are you changing your name? 11 isn't a real number,it is 9 +2.
the only numbers are 0-9. every other number is a combination of these numbers.
if your number is 11,then you add 1+1 together,and you would be a 2.
in the tarot you would be the priestess. but you should follow your personal number by adding up all the digits in the year,month,and day you were born. this will give you your personal number.
for example,if you were born on jan,1,2012, you would add them 1+1+2+0+1+2 = 7.
if your answer gives you a double digit,then you ad those together so get a single digit number.this is your personal number.

I hate numerology.

So, if you add up all the digits in your date of birth, you get your personal number. But, if that is still a two digit number, you add up those digits to get your real personal number. But, what if that is still a two digit number? You add them up again to get your really real personal number?

And, if this is true, then there are only 9 personal numbers to identify 7 Billion people? And it is 9, because 0 is not a number, 0 is the absence of any quantity. It can't be in a denominator, so it isn't a number, plus, there is no addition of any numbers that will give you a 0, so it wouldn't be in play anyway.

Just some quick random thoughts on the errors of your numerology approach.

For what its worth, my personal number, according to your method would be 4+7+6+2 = 19 =10 = 1 What the hell does that mean? I am also an Aquarius, and a Chinese Tiger, and I was born on a date that was extremely significant in the Mayan Calendar as it was the beginning day of many cycles and would have earmarked me to be an icon and leader in their culture. I am also a "Blue, Resonant Storm" whatever that means.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I was looking for a private plate for my car, but the one I really liked would have cost me £2500, so I have changed my name to XK49 XJJ . Only cost me £25

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
I was looking for a private plate for my car, but the one I really liked would have cost me £2500, so I have changed my name to XK49 XJJ . Only cost me £25

Kind of like Chad Ochocinco! NFL fined him for wearing Ocho Cinco as his name on his jersey in addition to his number 85, so he just went and legally changed his name to that, and the NFL had to just eat it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

thats funny! i got my son a first act guitar!!! it actually not that bad to play. needs better pickups though,maybe some seymor duncans!
i'll keep my gibson les paul though! i also have a rare mid 70's vantage,neck thru body guitar made from maple and mahogony with an ebony fretboard. i replaced her pickups from another gibson sg that was all messed up.she plays like a dream.real fast neck.
keep stummin!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

holy cow your a bit sassy! you can always bring your number down to a single digit,and yes this goes for every person on this earth. and zero is a digit,just like black and white are not colours,they are shades.
if zero does not exist,explain this number --- 10!!!!
thank god the muslims came and learned our dumb ass westerners about his theory!!!

what about negative numbers? like -15? that obviously doesn't exist! it is a lack of. but you can sure feel -15 when you go out in the winter! then it definately exists!!!
i only use that method of 'numerology' for tarot readings. you are a 1? well then,in tarot,that represents the magus. i'll let you research that on your own. and you still haven't explained why you want to change your name or how you came up with the number11!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I'm not the OP, not changing my name. I am a bit sassy though, because I really, really hate numerology!
Nothing personal to those who believe in it, because I see how easy it is to get caught up in it. Numbers can be manipulated to do or say anything you want them to say. This is also why statistics is so worthless. If you give a 99% chance of rain, and it doesnt rain, you can still say, "See, I told you so, there was a 1% chance it wouldn't rain, and I was right."

0 is not a number. It is a place holder, or a symbol to signify the absence of any quantity.

In 10, you have 1-10 unit, and a place holder of 0 in the 1's unit. When it is -15 degrees F, it means the temperature is 15 degrees below zero on the 180 point scale using boiling water as its source of units. (Pretty stupid scale though.) There is no such thing as negative heat. Absolute temperature is measured in Kelvin, and in Kelvin Zero is Zero and there is nothing negative on it. In fact, in all mathematics, negative numbers do not mean anything is negative, they only represent the direction of something from an origin point. Maybe left or below the origin on an arbitrary map. The origin can be moved at will, and the negative number can become a positive number without even moving. The same goes for wind measurements. A wind of -10 mph N, does not mean the wind is less than zero, it means it has switched direction 180 degrees.

What use is a 9 number classification of people when there are 7 billion people? Is it really useful at all to split us into 9 classifications of 900 million each? Are 900 million other people going to have the same horoscope as me today? And if they are, why even bother?
edit on 17-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah

WELL

Whos on first then>?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobthealie11

Alright, man. Your last five threads have all been about numerology and even your introduction thread contained comments regarding it. To me, it's easy to say you might be taking this thing a little too seriously, or even becoming slightly obsessive with it.

You can't let these things govern who you are. They provide a very basic description of your non-spiritual self, void of any personal changes you have made to your life (I don't mean a name change). Numerology systems are used mainly in Taoist culture for babies. They will give them a name to give them less karmic responsibility and a good future, but they know that anyone who experiences life is subject to unpreventable changes to their psyche.

In addition, there are so many systems out there that they usually clash and it's hard to say just which one is really "right". In any regard, they aren't concrete.

In chinese zodiac, I am a monkey with the personal element metal.
In astrology, I am a Leo but with a Virgo rising and a Aries something or another and my personal element is fire.
In chinese medicine, I have the personal element "Lesser yin wood".
In Taoist philosophy, I have the personal element "water".
In Ayurvedic medicine, I am described as a "Vata-Pitta" person.
Then there is the 1-100 number system, or 1-8, or 1-9, or 1-21, or 1-whatever. It's ridiculous.

I'm just trying to show you that there are so many descriptive systems out there. If I followed the guidelines of everyone of those I would have an extremely limited lifestyle. Moreover, instead of just following the guidelines, if I actually started to relate to these systems, I'd be in Hell.

People love uniqueness, however. Anything that empowers their ego by giving it a title, they love. I see a lot of people use their title as excuses too. "Oh, I'm sorry I got angry. I'm a Taurus." No you are just a jerk.

These systems do not, I repeat, do not govern who you are and you should not let them. Live your life the way you want to live it, regardless of what some "system of numbers" says. I can guarantee you now, changing your name will not make you any better of a person.

You want to be a stronger, more creative person? Rock your current name and prove this number system wrong. Be the best you can be and rub it in the system's face.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobthealie11
Im changing my first and last name and dropping my middle name, and now my new expression number is 11. Does that mean I'm going to become more intuitive, psychic and increase my potential like other 11s or will I keep my same expression number as my original name.

You'll still be you. That said, after a few years or so of working with your new name, you'll slowly work in some new/different shades of influences that might help or clash (depending on how good you are with Numerology and how the change actually affects you - there are always positive and negative consequences to everything).

The spelling changes mean nothing. The Western Pythagorean Method has been roundly debunked, and the actual influence of Numerology has been revealed to be the tonal vibrations of the name as spoken by the people who raised the child (and by the child itself as it spoke and considered its own name as the identifier that it was since the child began having a conscious identity).

Your full birth name will always be your primary expression, but you can "add" to it by changing your name. I changed by first name in 1985, for professional (music career) reasons, and it has had an impact on me, as far as subtleties and personality tools, but when I discovered Chaldean Numerology (just a few years ago) and the tonal vibration aspects of how it actually works, it was my birth name that really provided the basis of my identity when I did the chart. The same was true for at least a dozen of my closest friends and family members. The birth name is definitely the headline when trying to use Numerology to understand where you fit in and how to effectively place yourself within the whole of humankind.

The Birth Path number (your birth date number) has been the most celebrated number influence since I can remember (I've been doing charts for over 35 years), but the truth is that this has been due to how inaccurate the Western Pythagorean Method is and has always been. The birth date was the only number calculation that could be known to be calculable. Until Leeya Thomspon published her research, no one was calculating Numerology charts correctly. The number meanings were accurate, but the number calculations (adding the name numbers up properly) were never right, since the letter-to-number formula was completely bogus.

If you really want to know what your name number is, you need to get her book The Wisdom of Sound and Number" (Leeya Brooke Thompson - iUniverse) and read what it says. There's no other way to know what your name number is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join