It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap music,Thug life and the american culture is whats wrong with this country!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Go around the world and collect its most beautiful animals and put them in a concrete room for 300 years. It will be hell, the animals will die, kill, and be very depressed.

Blame the animals? Think again.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
People complained about all this in the 80's with Heavy Metal music. Now its rap.

People just need to face the facts: Metal music, rap music, video games, TV shows, movies, etc do not have a negative effect on kids. They just don't. There is zero evidence of any of it having an effect. Period.

Anyone who blames any of the above for the way kids in society are, are just picking a scape goat and running with it.

In the 50's, people thought Elvis was ruining their kids. ELVIS. C'mon.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was attacked and almost died by a bunch of white 13 year old kids in the suburbs who wanted to pretend they were Tupac. That never happened to anyone with the Beatles or Elvis. Listen to what they preach or they talk about in their music. Music. Might have always pushed the envelope, but certain things. Where the bit** es and hoes at?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"See the problem is, I speak to suburban kids, who otherwise would of never knew these words
Exist, whose mom's probably would of never gave two squirts of piss, 'till I created so much
Mother#in' turbulence, straight out the tube, right into your living room I came, and kids
Flipped when they knew I was produced by Dre, that's all it took, and they were instantly hooked
Right in, and they connected with me too because I looked like them, that's why they put my
Lyrics up under this microscope, searchin' with a fine tooth comb, its like this rope, waitin'
To choke, tightening around my throat, watching me while I write this, like I don't like this,
Nope, all I hear is, lyrics, lyrics, constant controversy, sponsors working 'round the clock, to
Try to stop my concerts early, surely hip-hop was never a problem in Harlem, only in Boston,
After it bothered the fathers of daughters starting to blossom, so now I'm catchin' the flack
From these activists when they raggin', actin' like I'm the first rapper to smack a bitch, or
Say faggot, #, just look at me like I'm your closest pal, the posterchild, the mother#in'
Spokesman now for..."

Eminem, White America

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

To be fair Elvis and the Beatles weren't glorifying murder, pimping out women, senseless violence money over all else.

Fair enough, though they were glorifying sex without responsibility, drug use, etc.. It was certainly horrifying to parents for its day though admittedly quite tame by modern standards.

It is true, though. I completely agree that what is glorified in the popular music of today is basically materialism and violence. I feel like the culture has been on a steady decline downhill, I guess my point was just that this is an old argument that gets rehashed with every generation.

I recall a South Park episode where this technique was employed with great success.

I like South Park.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
I agree with the OP . It all started with NWA and even that example the word " N" word shouldn't even be around anymore , it is negative and offensive. The mentality , I am going to steal from you or rip you off or prison mentality who is more Gangsta.

I remember when NWA came out.. came straight outta Compton and the ghetto en.wikipedia.org...

It has only gotten worse from that point out... Sure there is some "bad" music in country and rock, but nothing compared to "thug style" and Rap music" Those two are connected whether you wanna believe that or not.

Of course they are connected. Thats like saying Goth and Rock are connected. Of course they are! It is the culture, the "symbol"
Just because one thing has become more popular than the others, doesn't make it any different.
And you say nothing compared to "thug style", how hard have you looked? Because I have

Just go ahead and read the top comments. Tell me how you can compare?
edit on 16-4-2012 by MoosKept240 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
to say that a music created by black americans is the reason or justification for whats wrong with this country regarding your list of reasons and as though it were a conspiracy; is enough for me to stop by and say please refrain from replying to others who disagree with you. did you search ats to post in one of the other numerous threads with the same regurgitated inanity about rap music?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Not todays youth, a small percentage of youth in our nation do listen to crappy music....

IMO, you generalize too much in your OP and your replies.

Again, just a thought, don't dismiss constructive criticism.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
I was attacked and almost died by a bunch of white 13 year old kids in the suburbs who wanted to pretend they were Tupac. That never happened to anyone with the Beatles or Elvis. Listen to what they preach or they talk about in their music. Music. Might have always pushed the envelope, but certain things. Where the bit** es and hoes at?

I am sorry you were attacked by kids in the suburbs. I am sure you realize that kids have been violent, bad and criminals long before rap music existed.

I grew up listening to rap music and Tupac, NWO and public enemy are among my favorites. I have never committed an act of violence upon anyone. Am I the exception or the rule?

If you don't like my Elvis and Beatles comparison then replace that with whatever the gangs were listening to in the 50's 60's and 70's.

My only point was that rap music is the reflection of a violent culture, not the cause of it. Violence existed long before any music glorified it.

edit on 16-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

The OP is probably an Elvis fan.. most people that I know that come from the 50-60's HATE rap, and new things.

OP, maybe your not, but I think you are lacking good points in your thread.

But thats just me.

Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
another view of negative effects of "thug rap" music

www.youthradio.org...

And if you have a cpl mins watch this video... very informative....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I like the Zac Brown Band, toes in the sand..... (Explicit verse)

I don't do drugs. If anything its the fail of parents and how the teach their kids, its parental problems, not music.

DUH?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Those drun kids and their loud music! Pull up your pants!

link   

Originally posted by Ausar
to say that a music created by black americans is the reason or justification for whats wrong with this country regarding your list of reasons and as though it were a conspiracy; is enough for me to stop by and say please refrain from replying to others who disagree with you. did you search ats to post in one of the other numerous threads with the same regurgitated inanity about rap music?

As i stated in my first post... this is not a rant, nor does this have anything to do with "skin color"
There are many white, Asian,black, Indian, rappers who all have the same thing in common... teaching negative morals to young children in their music!!

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Maybe not, all that 'Girating' of Elvis' hips might give him naughty thoughts.

And Dog-forbid if he have any naturally occurring physical reactions to external stimuli.

lol

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Glorified it is an understatement. The gangs killed 2 musicians rappers in the 90 s cause they were acting crazy. Prison mentality to try to sell to young impressionable kids. It was a different world in the 50 s, now it's who can be more obscene. Eminem " raps" about the same stupid garbage the 5 people in his life he knows. After awhile of listening to his old stuff who cares. I grew up in the 90 s and after . Eminem raps about homosexuals and vicatin. That is an actual lyric from one of his CDs .

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
An Above Top Secret Conspiracy I see with this topic.

How east would it be to "Buy out" such radio stations that play thug rap ?

It would be totally legal to "Buy out" such radio stations to ensure certain urban populations do not hear this.

It would also be possible to "Buy out" certain record labels to push "Different Kinds" of music.

Television and popular websites could also be bought out.

So the billions or trillions it takes to rid this world of gangsta thug rap would eventually work I believe.

The only problem as already hinted upon in earlier posts would be music that is a reflection of society will eventually be popular.

It is a dilemma! Do we Control? Do we prevent? Do we let be.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by sageofmonticello

This is exactly what they were saying about Elvis, the Beatles and etc... ad infinitum, through all time...

To be fair Elvis and the Beatles weren't glorifying murder, pimping out women, senseless violence money over all else. I do find it pathetic to look at some thugged out kid trying to look 'hard' and rich wearing a gold chain from K-mart. Elvis and the Beatles may have lacked substance (I hope gimme_some_truth doesn't see this) but at least they weren't pushing the same kind of violence prevalent in today's rap/hip hop scene. That and the ridiculous assertion that money = everything. The stuff on the radio is all about the same thing, being famous for singing about being famous, money and such.

Nothing will kill rap music and thug culture quicker than a bunch of old people supporting it.

I recall a South Park episode where this technique was employed with great success.

I totally agree with you, and those are some of the words i was trying to think of when I started this thread, but could not
My nieces and nephews, anywhere from 6-14 years old crank this Thug music glorifying all those things into their still growing minds
I know it effects them, i know they may act out or try to be thuggish immediately or later in life... Children DO act out what they see and what they hear... look at the kids at school.... Hang out at mc'ds at lunch time and tell me you don't see this thug rap music being acted out in the children's expressions and words that they use daily!

What you think is thug is not thug...
www.urbandictionary.com...
2pac made the word popular and was demonized by the main stream media because he was fighting the illuminati take over of hip hop.

Like the poster said, their is so much music in different genera's that potray the same thing but you would probably not care if he was listening to rock and roll or country. Its not the genera its the main stream music industry. When it comes to hip hop TRUE HIP HOP their is all ways meaning behind the anger they portray.

They say money sex and drugs is the problem. I say discipline is the problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yo Yo MF BEEotch

BLONDIE started rap... yup, whitey white girl (on dope) with her men from mars n' somethin' with cars.

Queen Latifah was positive.

Mozart couldn't keep his pants on (big ol' ho)

REAL gangsters wear SUITS.

REAL thugs await conjugal visits and listen to David Allan Coe.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

A lot of the bad things that mainstream rap has come to represent is only an imitation of Hollywood's portrayal of gangsta and mafia lifestyles.

The public has never had a say over what gains popularity in the media. You are slowly force fed and you become brainwashed over time.

What rappers say can't make it on the airways without promotion by the powerful people in the entertainment industry. Individual rappers are pawns (some knowingly and others not). The collective group and their product is not even controlled by people that low on the totem pole. You have to open your eyes and look for the source of the problem.

edit on 16-4-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join