It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap music,Thug life and the american culture is whats wrong with this country!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Well you discredited me..
but the majority or drugs sex and criminal activity glorifying is associated with rap music!! now that is denying ignorance!

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ok ,first of all rap sucks.It isn't the music that caused this it's men screwing any chance they get leaving kids around like leaves from a tree.No father no money they get angry.Rap is what they came up with deal with with it I friggin have to so do you.Now what music will their kids play to make them mad?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by stanguilles7

As to your statement comparing yesterdays music to todays Thug rap music there is no comparison what so ever, NONE.. parents 7 and 8 year old daughters never wore mini skirts to school that have sexy written on their rear end... Hello????

And that is all because of rap music, huh?

Wow.

onhuge.com...

lol
nice picture btw!! but it is because of rap music! U see, in country, metal or rock music there are no "sluts" shaking their ass and gettin "low" on the dance floor..... Rap has basically put the nail in the coffin of good morals for todays youth... I see it.... its apparent that u dont..

Metal and rock talk about drugs and sluts too, and most of them die of overdose.. And since you like dance music you must be a raver, means your lifes all about drugs, glow sticks, and dancing...... ha... i could carry on, if i really gave a ****, but i dont....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

So you embrace ignorance, rather than deny it? Great -- by your fruits we have so named you.

Singers sing in first person, TV shows are written in third person with occasional first person inference. This is why no one claims the writers of CSI are corrupting the youth of America with their bizarre fixation on coroners, body parts, and slow motion close up head wounds.

Still, ignorance aside -- there is literally no difference. It's just a writer, reflecting what society itself demands in the marketplace guys like you claim to worship so much.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

country, metal or rock music there are no "sluts" shaking their ass and gettin "low" on the dance floor

The dixie chicks might not be "gettin low" but they sure didn't have any problem posing naked on the cover of entertainment magazine

dixie chicks posing naked on magazine cover

Is this really any different? Is the example they are setting for young girls somehow better? Just some questions.

IMO we have a regressive culture. Rap music, naked dixie chicks and little girls with short skirts that say "sexy" are a symptom of a culture void of morals not the cause.

edit on 16-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

lol
nice picture btw!! but it is because of rap music! U see, in country, metal or rock music there are no "sluts" shaking their ass and gettin "low" on the dance floor..... Rap has basically put the nail in the coffin of good morals for todays youth... I see it.... its apparent that u dont..

static.thehollywoodgossip.com...

Daisy Duke was definitely raised in the inner city right?

Sex is glorified everywhere, music included (Which is not a bad thing, it's not something anyone should ashamed of). There are no sluts in metal? Groupies ring any bells?

Your argument is invalid and unfounded. You've done nothing but side step all criticism. You can hold onto 'I dun understnd dem city folk, all morally dirty n all dat' for as long as you want, but when the country is rife with incest, I don't see what makes you much better than anyone else. At least I stuck to my guns without promoting the pistol.

Last night, Hip Hop saved my life.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well the whole purpose of this thread was to get opinions from people on rap music, thug life and the culture.. i do appreciate all input, including ones intending to belittle me... it only reaffirms my suspicion of a dwindling society.
I am going to bed... no welfare check or food stamps for me.. gotta work for a living...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well the whole purpose of this thread was to get opinions from people on rap music, thug life and the culture.. i do appreciate all input, including ones intending to belittle me... it only reaffirms my suspicion of a dwindling society.
I am going to bed... no welfare check or food stamps for me.. gotta work for a living...

The responses are a direct result of your close minded arrogance.

Yeah, rest up, Dem cows need a milkin'

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you want to misunderstand something, focus entirely on that which is glorified.
If you want to understand something completely, experience it for yourself.

Music is expression. Expression is freedom.

Fear is a sickness. Expression is the cure.

Embrace that which makes us different. Opposites attract.
edit on 16-4-2012 by ecpic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Well, I don't know what your definition of evidence is, but yes, zero evidence.

Can you debate about whether or not you want kids listening to certain music because of the language/themes presented?

Absolutely. I'm not saying there could never be any correlation between lyrical themes on how kids act or dress, I'm saying there is no hard evidence it has a negative effect on kids.

So kids wear baggy pants and shirts 5x's too big, who cares? They look like idiots in my opinion. But is that in itself effecting YOU? No, it isn't.

I love Norwegian black metal, they talk about torture, murder, war and death all the time. Does it have a negative effect on me? No, it does not.

Art imitates life, not the other way around. Music usually has a narrative that is reflective of the society in which it comes from, at that time.

In short: Society is not driven by music, music is driven by society.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
btw

There is very little music in most rap.
it's bass machines and drum machines, mostly.
But mostly, it's so negative,
Bztch this, Ho that, kill the cops,
It's all built on anger, hatred, rage

They all act like fake gansta wanna be's, and hire thugs, to make them look tough.

When was the last time you heard about a rocker, or metal head killing another singer?

it's very common in the rap world.
A lot of them get arrested, for beating up girlfriends and wives.

Is that the "culture" you want to part of?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I never did. So you can't say that EVERYONE of them does.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The argument against Rap is almost the same against Jazz. It's the same as the argument against Rock n roll, the same argument against country, new wave, punk, metal, soul and Electronic music. Inmoral behavior, drugs, alcohol, sex, and anti social behavior. It's the same argument in a new package. Music inspires a culture. There are so many different types of music becouse there are many different types of people. No one has the right to tell you what should or shouldn't be in your collection, and everyone else deserves that same respect. If you wanted to get a real argument going about the problems in rap, you need to research "Beef" and yes other styles of music have similer issues. A dwindling society is not due to music, but due to the segregation created by people who never created it. Invisibal walls in mucsic genra aisles that exist in nothing more then the viewers mind. Creativity created music, and creative people will keep reinventing. Country music was massively different in the 50's then it is today, and the same will be true of Rap, or Hip hop. Say what you want about "thug life" individuals, its just people expresing themselves. Just becouse the media isolates storys of gang banners, gangs, or MC Hammer pants, it's out of context, a country music fan could shot someone so dose that genra deserve the same treatment? Should we ban cowboy hats, and boots? Of course not. I for one want deversity with style, I don't want everyone to look the same. If your a hardcore 80's metal head, or a 90's Ghetto thug, or a indie hipster. I think that's great! Exprese yourself, play your music obnoxiously load, sing along, and enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I write raps, I rap raps and I've done so for 7 years, never once have I made a track about drugs and or being a "thug".
Bit judgemental aren't ya.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

Lets just leave M.Manson out of this because very few truly understand Brian W.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
All i am saying is thug rap music is bad... no one can deny how bad and demoralizing it is to todays youth.... I know ALOT of young people from nieces and nephews who are in elementary to people in their teens and 20's
They dont listen to country music... very few listen to rock, but the majority of todays youth listen to rap music.... be a better parent you say?? How? Its broadcast of thousands of fm radio stations which can be picked up on pretty much anything... mp3 players for example...Even in movies popular movies... they dont play Keith urban or george straight.... they play popular rap music, that talk about alll those demoralizing things... drugs,sex,violence,stealing,murder,drugs... and a whole other subject... that its ok to be gay.. oh boy oh boy... the morals of this country have been dwindling for sometime now, and i firmly believe its cause of todays popular thug rap music which kids intimidate...
Its not that hard to see.... rap is bad stuff when it comes to the stuff they play on the radio and all over tv... ive heard good rap songs on christian radio rapping about Jesus and God, but is it glorified in movies? are the majority of kids listening to it?? no... idk i just cant sleep now... Freedom of expression is one thing but to glorify being a thug and hard core Ni**a is not... bad stuff there! bad juju!!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
Music or culture is not the cause of problems in society, it is a reflection of society. How can a reflection be the cause?

Rap music (and the like) did, in fact, rise from the streets. However, there is a reason why so many #ing people these days get into the whole "gang" thing. The problem with music from the streets, is that it doesn't stay in the streets. When gangsterism become the predominant theme in pop music, people that didn't grow up with a tough life like to pretend they did, and/or get into one. I've seen plenty of otherwise reasonable and well-off kids turn into straight #ing criminals, for no obvious reason besides being surrounded by the "culture" that surrounds gangster rap.

It's also not only the violence/gang mentality that infects otherwise good kids. With the number one songs
in the country glorifying everything from heavy drug use to having sex with anyone who asks or is willing.

The point is that, while a lot of the horrible and immoral music came from somewhere where the topics were relevant, it spread to places where the ideologies and moral codes were far from the majority of the public's beliefs, therefore spreading like a terribly violent, drug abusing, and slutty virus.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit on 17-4-2012 by dayve because: stoopz..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SnedsDawg

lol

static.thehollywoodgossip.com...

Daisy Duke was definitely raised in the inner city right?

Sex is glorified everywhere, music included (Which is not a bad thing, it's not something anyone should ashamed of). There are no sluts in metal? Groupies ring any bells?

Your argument is invalid and unfounded. You've done nothing but side step all criticism. You can hold onto 'I dun understnd dem city folk, all morally dirty n all dat' for as long as you want, but when the country is rife with incest, I don't see what makes you much better than anyone else. At least I stuck to my guns without promoting the pistol.

Last night, Hip Hop saved my life.

You do know daisy duke was not real right? Catherine bach was born in georgia as you know i am sure. Now you talk about a invalid argument. Incest was the thing back in england,as well as numerous other countries who had monarcies. But its a little bit diffrent than being rampant like you incorrectly state. You fell for the sterotype just as the other poster fell for yours. So how about both of you take a step back and actually deny some ignorance? Both cultures are constantly falling fo rthe same old trite stuff. When rap first came out in the late 80's it was actually good. Where are the old school rappers? Oh thats right the new class has pushed them away and beat them down and dares them to try to get back up. Rap needs a history lesson and needs to return to its roots.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

first as a white devil most rap songs do tend to annoy, BUT many country,rock,hiphop and others do too.

True many rappers do set bad examples: R kelly- when in doubt pee on her or 50cent getting shot five times (its called COVER
) BUT its a culture of idiots NOT just rap music.

Watch a country music video- Its a cr*ptastic ride through the town of inbred dumb@$$

Watch a rock video- Its either a bunch of crybabies crying about how much it rains in Seattle (basic genaric crap)

The point is that the culture is and always will be stupidity. It's tailored made by TPTB to make you sheep.

On a happy note: Sublime time

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-4-2012 by merkej23 because: bad link

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join