It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

All those things could have been faked, if somebody was gun-hoe about it. But too what end? Also, if you would learn that you just "crossed over" and you tried to explain to the authorities that you are from California: " It's right here in my reality!! I mean in my version of the world...where I live in Cali....I'm sexy and I know it?" You would see the authorities roll their eyes and suddenly handcuff you. They would label you crazy. How could you prove this? Polygraph is not proof, with training you can fool the polygraph. Even if you are very lucid, some mentally deficient people are extremely lucid but believe very weird things or just live in their own world. Hmmm...note to self: I need to prepare a plan in case I get stranded in an alternate reality. Anyway, all to say the idea that you are now living in the same world but different would make a man go coo coo. The change would be so drastic an radical. Just maddening for an unsuspecting person to go through. Unless you can control it now that's booya!
I wonder if Jesus was crucified there too? God is truly...well God if an infinite number of dimensions or alternate universes exist. Must be something managing all that...anyway.....I'm tired. Good night!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I can picture this and what it looks like a hollywood movie "Mission Impossible"

What would an agent do if he's under japanese custody?

Operation paperclip
edit on 17-4-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What if this guy fell asleep and ended up in another time and when he awoke he was like, what a nightmare! and explains to someone about his dream on how Taured wasnt real but Japan was.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Guys....

if you read this: www.dark-stories.com...
you can see a LINK at the bottom of the website:

This story reproduced with permission from Tom Slemen
Source: www.slemen.com...
© Copyright 2004 by Tom Slemen. All Rights Reserved.

When you visit the site of Tom Slemen you will see the he is writing TALES

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Jet blu had me waiting on the runway for an hour, we didn't get any snacks, and what's worse we landed in an alternative dimension. I'm flying Delta from now on.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. But how can we be sure that he wasn't a time traveler?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What I'd like to know is what phenomenon would cause someone from an alternate universe to "cross the plane" into our own universe. Some weird localized wormhole effect?

Edit: This reminds me so much of Dean Koontz's Lightning
edit on 17-4-2012 by lostinthoughts because: DK Reference

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

You know I've thought about that too maybe I saw something like that on TV or in a movie but I really can't come up with anything like that. For me the thing that really weirds me out is the fact that when the cloud vanishes it leaves a hole in the cloud cover and you could see blue sky through it. It is the attention to detail such as this that gets me, the fact that it was very realistic. Also I have little difficulty remembering the dream it is more like an actual memory and it does occupy my thoughts.

I've seen depictions of hyperspace portals in TV and movies such as one Stargate episode where they open a portal in Earth's atmosphere but it was not anything like it. Maybe the dream was inspired by those light spirals in Norway I read about, maybe it's a memory from past a life or maybe it is the gleeful announcement of the upcoming soul harvest beamed into my dreams by illuminati technology from Atlantis or maybe it is just a lot of various tryptophan compounds tickling my pineal gland how would I know.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinthoughts

Maybe he tried to divide by zero

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinthoughts
What I'd like to know is what phenomenon would cause someone from an alternate universe to "cross the plane" into our own universe. Some weird localized wormhole effect?

How about an experimental drug like JJ-180? Philip K. Dick's novel en.wikipedia.org... "Now wait for Last Year" features a drug that precisely does that to people. Pop a pill of JJ-180, get a little high and then wake up in a new reality. If anybody has # like that, I'm interested :-)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
These kinds of threads are why I come to ATS.

The details and proof may be lacking to some degree but it is an entertaining read nonetheless!
This is why it is in the paranormal section, yes?

It really bothers me how some members can barely comprehend a thread, misconstrue the text and meaning, yet respond with curt and condescending replies with links to wiki like they are some type of genius or saviour to ATS community.

One plausible explanation other than the ever intriguing angle of time-slips/dimension jumps, is that this particular man was CIA (or other intellignece agency), and had rather sneaky method of entry. Remember this is the 1950's after all.

It sure would be neat to actually see the passport for Taured.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This has happened to me every time I drink. That's why I quit, the time lapses and location changes were taking a toll on me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have seen this before. Would take it more seriously if there was more to the story, like what happened to the guy...

Even if it's fake it's a great thought provoker, thanks OP.

EDIT: ckno1, good eye.
edit on 17-4-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Is that not the same country/island that Mr. X (Homer Simpson) was exiled on and fed a surplus of drugs? I believe it is, I can't find a clip anywhere on youtube and they have everything!!

Conspiracies...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

John Titor was just some fat, internet nerd playing out a fantasy on forums like this one and a lot of people with severe phsycological problems started to believe him.

Sorry, that guy was a complete fake who contradicted himself many times while he was posting and quite often when asked a question, became very vauge..Sorta like many of the wannabe Prophets, Aliens, Messiahs and Spiritual beings who come here to post nearly every day.

edit on 4/17/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraDOSEcious

The story goes that the Japanese custms officials let him into the country on strict conditions, had a few guards take him to a hotel, and overnight he vanished.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinthoughts

I was wondering the same thing, so I looked what traumatic things might have gone on in 1954
that may have contributed to a rip in time.

This is some of what I found:

Feb 28th - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island

Mar 1st - US explodes 15 megaton hydrogen bomb at Bikini Atoll

Mar 26th - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island

Apr 6th - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island

Apr 25th - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island atmospher

May 4th - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island

May 13th - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Enwetak

May 24th - 1st rocket attains 150 mi (241 km) altitude, White Sands, NM

Sep 14th - USSR performs nuclear test

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

Originally posted by daydoesez

Maybe thats where the idea for the old series Quantum Leap came from

Quantum Leap was originally supposed to be like The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. Unfortunately by that period in time such shows were going out of fashion, and losing ratings like crazy, due to a lack of continuity. In order to counter this, the writers included the two main characters to tie all the episodes together.

As for the story at hand, my guess is that the guy was a criminal who slipped whatever country he came from. Taking advantage of the scifi craze of the early 50s, he forged a passport and came up with this story, and headed for the furthest country he could get to.

Forging a passport is 1 thing.. But forged custom stamps going back years?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
There is a company named Taured with locations in luxembourg, Germany, and Russia. ?!?

I believe the article said this...

According to the passport, the man was from a country named Taured.

(emphasis added)

-Alien

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Self removed. Point already made.

-Alien
edit on 4/17/2012 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join