learn more

Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Unlike your hugely meaningful post, which added so much to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Why, thank you .
I do aim to please . Now run along to your vocabulary classes .

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
ok - the questions that SHOULD have been answered in the origional tail [ in no particular order ]

1 - what is the travellers name ?

2 how did he get to japan ? [ not a trick question ] -but its one that spawns at least 4 more questions

3 where are his passport and drivers liscences now

4 why are different versions of the tail inconsistent

5 - how was a passort deem " realistic " with no frame of refference ?

thats all for now

but my bottom line is - this tail is worthless without primary source documentation from the japanes govt

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I would dismiss just about everyting on beforeitsnews.com. its nothing like ats where we discuss and debate, on that site they publish articles of the most bizzare nature and highly questionable origin and pass them off as breaking news

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are tantalisingly close , but you have forgotten one thing ...... The law of Chaos. Chaos theory would account for all the subtle changes between parallel universes.

uhm, no.

while i believe that multiple universes could exist, and there may be an infinite amount of them, i think it is illogical to assume that every possible universe exists.

chaos theory has almost nothing to do with this. it deals with a tiny vector change (so small it appears irrelevant) in a system that, over time, causes a completely different outcome. it was first seen in a simulated weather system where the starting position was rounded off when the researcher came back from a coffee break.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

And you are seriously telling me that ATS doesn't have it share of whacko theories and dubious threads ?

Enough of the snobbery .

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

You are tantalisingly close , but you have forgotten one thing ...... The law of Chaos. Chaos theory would account for all the subtle changes between parallel universes.

uhm, no.

while i believe that multiple universes could exist, and there may be an infinite amount of them, i think it is illogical to assume that every possible universe exists.

chaos theory has almost nothing to do with this. it deals with a tiny vector change (so small it appears irrelevant) in a system that, over time, causes a completely different outcome. it was first seen in a simulated weather system where the starting position was rounded off when the researcher came back from a coffee break.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Sorry , you are very wrong .
If there were parallel universes , then Chaos is the only logical reason for the subtle changes . What else could be attributed to said changes ?

BTW . Chaos theory is a Law .
edit on 17-4-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I love those alternate reality, and time travel stories.
There are more of them here.

Very interesting..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Of course it does but they are posted by individuals whereas before its news seems to gather so called news stories from across the web and put them all together on one online resource where is the snobbery in that?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

chaos theory couldn't produce an effect where the telephone numbers are the same, with the same business name and location, but without a whole country. the divergence it would take to end up with just one extra country in place of an existing one would affect the whole planet. wars that did or didn't happen, people who died, or who lived, then had different kids who influenced the world in different ways.

such a large divergence could not be combined with everything else the same.

this is all assuming that universes aren't created through some form of order, like a higher being. it was a hoax. your wish to believe this is clouding your judgement.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
How about we go with Occam's Razor instead, and consider the fact that the guy suffered from a mental illness...perhaps brought on by PTSD after his country was nearly annihilated by the Atom Bomb several years earlier?

How about we go with an even more straightforward application of Occam's razor and say that the entire story is a fabricated hoax.

Before trying to look for evidence to explain the story, try looking for evidence that suggests the story has any veracity whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
After World War II many of the patients from Unit 200 who weren't identified as part of the international investigation were transfered to civilion facilities. The fake passport was the trigger device belonging to an escapee who was later apprehended.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Yes but this was about 10 years after the end of the war

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

I'm not sure I follow you. Many of the patients from Unit 200 went on living well after transitioning to civilian institutional facilities. The Japanese government didn't just kill them all because the war ended and 731 was closed. Experiments conducted at Unit 200 were still considered military assets.

Shirō Ishii along with quite a few others were eventually brought over to the US. Their research is still the foundation of quite a few US programs. The Japanese man you're speaking of here was the poster child manchurian candidate. What Shirō's team accomplished with suggestive programming in the 1940's was absolutely phenomenal. I not sure why after 98 comments, this is still a mystery?
edit on 17-4-2012 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
This story seems to originate from a book by Colin Wilson and John Grant in 1981.

The only other thought to explain this story is there was an error on the passport, the man was from Taure, Romania, and he didn't know geography very well.
www.maplandia.com...
edit on 16-4-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Even if one is so retarded to not know nothing about geography, confusing your own country's geographical position with that of Andorra (Romania is far far est of that) is impossible. One might not know where places and countries are in the world but a grown up man knows for sure where he comes from. And in this case the guy was someone travelling in business, been to Japan few times priory...in other words someone educated enough to know what's talking about.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

that is an awesome story

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D

I'm not sure I follow you. Many of the patients from Unit 200 went on living well after transitioning to civilian institutional facilities. The Japanese government didn't just kill them all because the war ended and 731 was closed. Experiments conducted at Unit 200 were still considered military assets.

Shirō Ishii along with quite a few others were eventually brought over to the US. Their research is still the foundation of quite a few US programs. The Japanese man you're speaking of here was the poster child manchurian candidate. What Shirō's team accomplished with suggestive programming in the 1940's was absolutely phenomenal. I not sure why after 98 comments, this is still a mystery?

The initial experiment was to create the perfect assassine who believed who "he" was, which would in effect break down any moral barriers that might prevent the success of the mission.

He was programmed with language, dialect and intelligence to penetrate. The fact that this man sincerely believed his story was a testament to the success of the program. POW's were invaluable candidates for this research for obvious reasons.

As an exercise, obtain a photo of the man. He is a missing POW that was considered KIA and never recovered. The Japanese didn't release him for obvious reasons. He most likely has surviving family members who will recognize him. There is also a really good chance that he actually was from the Andorra region.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

Originally posted by daydoesez

Maybe thats where the idea for the old series Quantum Leap came from

Quantum Leap was originally supposed to be like The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. Unfortunately by that period in time such shows were going out of fashion, and losing ratings like crazy, due to a lack of continuity. In order to counter this, the writers included the two main characters to tie all the episodes together.

As for the story at hand, my guess is that the guy was a criminal who slipped whatever country he came from. Taking advantage of the scifi craze of the early 50s, he forged a passport and came up with this story, and headed for the furthest country he could get to.

This is what I wondered.

When I was detained at the Moscow airport they took my passport and I didn't get it back for 3 days.

Why didn't they take his passport away?

It's common practice when you suspect a document is fake, you take the document and investigate it, you don't hand it back to the guy.

It's a great story, but unless I can be shown proof that the guards outside his door didn't fall asleep all night I think he just slipped away. What guard would admit to sleeping on the job?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The initial experiment was to create the perfect assassine who believed who "he" was, which would in effect break down any moral barriers that might prevent the success of the mission.

He was programmed with language, dialect and intelligence to penetrate. The fact that this man sincerely believed his story was a testament to the success of the program. POW's were invaluable candidates for this research for obvious reasons.

As an exercise, obtain a photo of the man. He is a missing POW that was considered KIA and never recovered. The Japanese didn't release him for obvious reasons. He most likely has surviving family members who will recognize him. There is also a really good chance that he actually was from the Andorra region.

I think this is a plausable explanation. I had originally thought it may have been a part of an MK ultra experiment as there is some indication that there was this sort of thing going on in US bases in Japan around this time.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by psyan

lolfail

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join