Strange Man From Alternate Reality Arrives In Tokyo

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyan
en.wikipedia.org...

Know your facts before posting anything.

If that were par for the course on ATS then nothing would get posted.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting - I'm the guy responsible for the Frankenstein Sound Lab album "The Man From Taured", and I was wondering why it was suddenly attracting so many plays. Now I know.

So what can I add to the topic....

SOURCE: I came across the story in "The Directory Of Possibilities", edited by Colin Wilson & John Grant [Corgi paperback, 1982. ISBN: 0-552-119946]. There was apparently a hardback edition published by Webb & Bower in 1981.

The book might be described as a sort of "Beginners Guide To Weird #" - it introduces various subjects and discusses the pros and cons as known at the time of publication.

Our man turns up in the section on Appearing People - kind of the opposite of People Who Vanish Without Trace, it cites Kaspar Hauser and Spring-heeled Jack as two high profile examples. But the one we're interested in here is mentioned exactly as on the Malice In Sunderland website previously quoted in this thread -

"Other people have claimed to come from lands not known to exist. In 1851 a certain Joseph Vorin came to the attention of the German authorities; he said he was from Laxaria, in a country called Sakria.

"In 1905 a young man was arrested in Paris; he spoke an unknown language but managed to convey that he was a citizen of Lisbian - not, it should be stressed, Lisbon.

"And in 1954 a passport check in Japan is alledged to have produced a man with papers issued by the nation of Taured."

That's it - that one sentence is all there is. None of these extra details now being talked about. No mention even of an airport or, for that matter a passport - just "papers".

A slight additional mystery - The section of "further reading" mentions "Out Of Thin Air: People Who Appear From Nowhere" by Paul Begg, described as "forthcoming". Was this the original source ? Did it have the expanded story now making the rounds ? And was it ever actually published ? I couldn't find any mention on the net - though plenty for Begg's companion volume - "Into Thin Air: People Who Disappear" [David & Charles, 1979]. These are listed next to each other in the reading list, so not a case of mistaken identity.

I might add that when "The Man From Taured" album was released in 2004 I did an internet search for "Taured" and variations thereof, and drew a complete blank - the story didn't seem to be on the net back then, or at least I didn't find it.

Just for the record, the title was chosen simply because I'd recently read the book and it stuck in my mind. Song titles are never my strongpoint, so it was gratefully co-opted for the track, and then it just seemed like a good album title too.

I think that's probably all I can add to the subject. It certainly didn't originate with Frankenstein Sound Lab, as one poster suggested.

For those who want to check out the album -

Malice In Sunderland

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maliceinsunderland

Thanks for your comments. I've pretty much searched ever corner of the web looking for additional information on this topic, and have reached a dead end. There just doesn't seem to be anything else to add to the story. There may something in print, or if there is any truth to the story, there may be records that Japanese authorities have, but nothing yet to be found to add validity to the story.

It's a fascinating tale, but without any real evidence, it's just that...a tale.

Thanks you you contribution to the thread...and welcome to ATS.

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join