It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The Person Your Dog Thinks You Are

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I encountered this sign on passing, and thought I would share it with ATS.

Though simplistic, this message has profoundly inspired me the last few days.

What are your thoughts or feelings?

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ive always loved this saying, I try to apply it all the time
Thanks for the post!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Along the same line as Ghandi's oft repeated quote: "Become the change you wish to see in the world".

Both deceptively simple ideas with Earth-changing implications if acted upon en masse.

Cheers!
edit on 4/16/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think it promotes a positive message. Most dogs are loving and caring animals who grow attached to you. After a few years of being your pet, their love for you becomes unconditional and they will stay loyal, even through the dark times. You are the one who bathes, walks and feeds them which brings them much happiness. So it is likely they think very highly of you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don´t know where I heard or saw this recently but this thread reminded me of this joke,

Who is your best friend and loves you the most?

Let´s see, if you would put your wife and your dog together in the trunk of your car and you would cruise around for hours on a hot day over bumpy roads and you would eventually stop and open the trunk.

Who would still be happy to see you?

There´s your answer.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sweet sentiments Sahabi.

I've never heard that phrase before and I love it. You are your dog's world, you and him are in his eyes a pack with you as the leader. There are few things in life who will give you completely unconditional love, and a dog is one of those things.....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If one is open, they can telepathically communicate with their dog in the form of learning and teaching by eye contact. Learning and teaching about the creator.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My dog thinks i'm his best friend. As such, I need to let him lick my butt, then lick me in the face cus after all that's what best doggie friends do. I also need to chase cars with him and help him bury bones in the back yard. Perhaps we'll dig up the neighbors petunias together and then go bite the mailman. What fun we'll have.

Oh wait.. I don't have a dog. I have a cat.

I think this saying only means don't mistreat your animals, because they would not expect you as their owner to mistreat them.

I love my cat. We climb the curtains together, spray the furniture beat up dogs together and even share the litter box. LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I think this saying only means don't mistreat your animals, because they would not expect you as their owner to mistreat them.

Actually I think it says a little more than this.

Your dog idolises you, he (or she) thinks you are the coolest, greatest and kindest person in the world. Be that person

Cats..... well they're cool too. But they are a little different.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
In the eyes of my dogs, I am their best friend and guidance. I am their provider, sustainer, and protector. They are happy to receive that which I give and count me as generous.

They do not see me for my skin color, physical attractiveness, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, beliefs, ideologies, social class, skill, intellect, wealth, or any perceived status of success. They hold no grudges or judgements for my past or my mistakes. They still believe I am deserving of their love. They see who I Am.

In many ways, my dogs are a reflection of me as Luna reflects Sol.

My dogs may view me as a perfect friend or even like unto a god. God Dog

Shall I be a compassionate God or a tyrannical God? My dogs see me as Love.

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf
reply to post by soulshn

I've never heard this saying before. I assumed it was original to the person who posted it on the sign. It's a wonderful saying, and I'm glad we're here contemplating it

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I do feel it is a positive message. An owner to his/her dog is a deep relationship of trust, love, and friendship. If we could be these things to all of the world, imagine how wonderful an existence we would experience.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

That's a pretty funny joke

Dogs do indeed show an extremely powerful state of forgiveness, acceptance, and love. Great qualities that would help better our world if sincerely applied in our own lives.

reply to post by 1littlewolf

Hi there 1littlewolf. Thanks for joining the discussion, and pretty cool pics

I think it is beneficial to interact with others as they were a dear friend, a family member, and even as one's Self. This saying is a nice twist on such a concept.

reply to post by smithjustinb

Hello smithjustinb
We sure can communicate with dogs vocally, visually, physically, emotionally, and mentally. Are you aware that this also applies to even the fish, trees, and water? This reality is an information construct, we just have to remember how to truly communicate.

reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Love the sarcasm

To me, the op quote is referencing the way a dog mentally and emotionally perceives its owner... not at all alluding to going about doing doggie-type activities

Peace.

edit on 4/16/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Pets always seem to bring out the best in a person no matter what. My dog and cat both sit by the door or in the window each day and wait for when I get home from work. They say pets can't tell time, I beg to differ.

I think animals have the ability to show us the unconditional kind of love that humans seem to lack or are incapable of. They say animals have no soul, again I beg to differ. Anything that has that much character and that much personality has to have something to the same effect as us.

My Dog

My Cat

Besides, what else on this earth could possibly take a yelling at or boot to after eating your dinner, throwing up on your lounge, digging up your newly planted garden, or leaving a decapitated mouse on your doorstep, and come back just a loving as ever after the fact?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I can't just go around feeding random strangers and petting people who smile cute! What kind of perverted saying is this???

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Dear snusfanatic,

The phrase does not say, "Do the kinds of things your dog does."

It is a saying to conceptualize the way in which dogs perceive their owner. Dogs show an unconditional love and forgiveness. They do not judge us based on our shortcomings or superficialities.

Please comprehend a thing before throwing out accusations of perversion.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Great contribution to the sentiments of the op. Thanks 74Templar for the reply. You have some nice looking friends there ^_^

It's crazy sometimes... no matter what we dish out to these little guys, they are ever so eager to forgive, call it water under the bridge, and keep on loving. I hope one day the collective humanity will be able to love like them.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Lovely way of thinking and being... Simple, yet, profound...

Definitely need to remember to love yourself the way your dog does too!

Thank you for posting!

peace

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Sahabi.. That was a good catch..Be The Person Your Dog Thinks You Are.. so I have to think like one to... as well at the same time my four dogs are thinkin like me... Think like a human I supect their thinking... not to hard at times If you get my drift.. so I have to try harder as their leader... I Love it when they smile at you.. and give you a wink..

Night time.. Belly rubbins, Paw puffins.. and the rest their after.. it was a good day!.
Sleeping with me in a circle...

Jesse

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Mmmmmm, I was making a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join