It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite buys 4000 BMW's and urges people to use public transportation at Olympics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The ruling class has urged people to use public transportation when visiting the 2012 London Olympics. Of course that doesn't include the VIP's ( themselves ). In order to demonstrate this as blatantly as possible, they have not only got themselves a fleet of 4000 shiny new high powered BMW's, but they also cordon off their very own express ways on the motorways in the UK.

Hypocrites.

The decision to assemble a fleet of 4,000 expensive BMWs has been criticised by green campaigners, who point out that spectators with tickets for Olympic events have been urged to reach venues using trains and buses. At least 250 of the highest-ranking officials and politicians are expected to be assigned a chauffeur-driven car for their exclusive use for the entire two weeks of the Games.
Traffic problems should not be a problem for the VIPs, who will cruise along reserved lanes close to the Olympic venues.

Most of the BMWs are 3 and 5 series saloons, though some are more luxurious models.

It has been estimated that, parked end to end, the entire fleet would extend ten miles.

And as a little sugar on top, they won't even pay the chauffeurs a friggin' penny, not to mention the beemers are sponsored by "we the people" as well.

The chauffeurs are all volunteers who are now undergoing training to ensure their driving skills are up to scratch.

I really wonder when people are not going to take this anymore. What's next ? Voluntary slavery for food and water ?

Source: Dailymail UK

edit on 16-4-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: typ0

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
The ruling class has urged people to use public transportation when visiting the 2012 London Olympics. Of course that doesn't include the VIP's ( themselves ). In order to demonstrate this as blatantly as possible, they have not only got themselves a fleet of 4000 shiny new high powered BMW's, but they also cordon off their very own express ways on the motorways in the UK.

Hypocrites.

The decision to assemble a fleet of 4,000 expensive BMWs has been criticised by green campaigners, who point out that spectators with tickets for Olympic events have been urged to reach venues using trains and buses. At least 250 of the highest-ranking officials and politicians are expected to be assigned a chauffeur-driven car for their exclusive use for the entire two weeks of the Games.
Traffic problems should not be a problem for the VIPs, who will cruise along reserved lanes close to the Olympic venues.

Most of the BMWs are 3 and 5 series saloons, though some are more luxurious models.

It has been estimated that, parked end to end, the entire fleet would extend ten miles.

And as a little sugar on top, they won't even pay the chauffeurs a friggin' penny, not to mention the beemers are sponsored by "we the people" as well.

The chauffeurs are all volunteers who are now undergoing training to ensure their driving skills are up to scratch.

I really wonder when people are not going to take this anymore. What's next ? Voluntary slavery for food and water ?

Source: Dailymail UK

edit on 16-4-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: typ0

i quoted for safety ( just in case there's an edit )

this is crazy.... i don't really care what rich people do with their own money, as long as it doesn't effect me, or stop me from being effected in a good way.

but this.... wow.

every single owner of those cars is probably IRS, Monsanto, FDA.... etc.

you get the idea.

pure evil! Lol.

don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against rich people, its just that the bad guys with lots of power just happen to be rich!

jk lol.

i really have no clue, or care who drives those cars....

but still, it really looks like they are trying to make the hippies mad...

no offence to hippies, they are cool.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I really wonder when people are not going to take this anymore.

When the Olympic games stops being a monster publicity event, thats when.
This fleet is normal for an Olympic games, and despite the outrage this article is trying to generate, they really could have written it years ago and had it waiting around for the right moment to publish.

Here, for example is from Sydney 2000...

For the duration of the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games, team officials, athletes and organisers from all competing countries are having their transport needs met by a 3,500- strong fleet of Holdens, manned by volunteer drivers

Volunteers Keep Holden's Olympic Fleet Rolling

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

]

Yes, that's exactly what's next.

"Please sir may I have another?"

Are there no workhouses? Are there no prisons? Back to the future...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i dont know why

but whenever i hear the word Olympics

it screams Genocide!

maybe something i saw on ATS and/or YT

hmmm

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Hypocrites.

Well I certainly would not want to sit next to some judgmental nobody such as yourself.
I'm taking my BMW as well..

Hahahaaa suckers on the bus. Have fun with that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

Well I certainly would not want to sit next to some judgmental nobody such as yourself.

When you fail to see what is obviously wrong with the concept described in the article in terms of "preaching water while drinking wine", then you severely lack a feeling for social justice, or you're simply not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The fact that someone calls a stranger "judgmental nobody", is btw judgmental in itself by definition, so I'm leaning towards the tool ..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

When you fail to see what is obviously wrong with the concept described in the article in terms of "preaching water while drinking wine", then you severely lack a feeling for social justice, or you're simply not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The fact that someone calls a stranger "judgmental nobody", is btw judgmental in itself by definition, so I'm leaning towards the tool ..

I see nothing wrong with concept described in the article. You are no stranger. I know all of you. Better than you think. I may be a tool. But this tool will be driving to the Olympics in BMW laughing my ass off. I would sip wine but that's illegal.
edit on 16-4-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hypocrites.

OH, really?

I've got your number, now I see where you stand.
edit on 083030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hypocrites.

Troll much ?,
Congratulations on allegedly having a BMW (though I very much doubt someone who screams for attention as much as you're doing actually has one)

Anyway on to the subject in hand
The real kick in the teeth is the closing of the lanes to ordinary traffic and causing more congestion for normal road users, cant somebody with the right connections challenge this in a court of law ? (Red Ken I'm looking in your direction here, you've got to be of some use if you want your cushy mayor of London job back)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
Troll much ?,
Congratulations on allegedly having a BMW (though I very much doubt someone who screams for attention as much as you're doing actually has one)

Anyway on to the subject in hand
The real kick in the teeth is the closing of the lanes to ordinary traffic and causing more congestion for normal road users, cant somebody with the right connections challenge this in a court of law ? (Red Ken I'm looking in your direction here, you've got to be of some use if you want your cushy mayor of London job back)

Thank you for your good wishes, my Beemer thanks you as well. Will you be attending the Olympics?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The closing of lanes for chosen ones says it all
Don't forget to doff your caps peasants and be grateful we have such dignified members of our species to look up to

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Busses are only for poor people

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Busses are only for poor people

Yeah - Poor people will not be attending the Olympics
But they will be allowed to wave flags in front of the TV

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed watching The Olympics, it's a great universal sporting event.

I have no interest in this one though and the more I hear about it the more I resent it.

Millions upon millions are being spent on improving the facilities and infrastructure of London and the affluent South East and Home Counties whilst the rest of the country is being devastated by largely unnecessary and punitive cut backs as Cameron and his cronies continue their drive to take the UK back to a Victorianesque society.

Whilst it's by no means unique stories like this can't help but increase the sense of resentment that many feel.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

London 2012 said 90% of tickets would be £100 or less, 66% less than £50 and about 25% costing £20 or less.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sounds like poor people could attend if they have a credit card, pay bonus, or saved up enough

edit on 16-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

London 2012 said 90% of tickets would be £100 or less, 66% less than £50 and about 25% costing £20 or less.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sounds like poor people could attend if they have a credit card, pay bonus, or saved up enough

edit on 16-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Well those poor people are a lot better off than me then - I am really poor - really I am
Traveling to London is way costly then there's hotel or bed and breakfast costs then public transport costs food etc etc
In the North of this green and pleasant land called England - we have a saying
"London takes £20 a minute from your pocket"

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Well I don't know much about London, excuse my ignorance

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well I don't know much about London, excuse my ignorance

Hey no prob - I like London very much - had some great times there just can not afford it always.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Olympics are for the elites anyway.

They come in and take over a city.

Any plebes who go are just lemming contributing to the facade.

Just dont go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join