It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories for why the government is covering up the existence of extraterrestrial beings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My Theory?

A UFO crashes at Roswell. The govornment recovers it. At first, they think they will be able to understand it and the creatures that pilot it. But the more they study and the more tech they garner from the UFOs, the more questions they have.

Then reports of many such vehicles appear. As well as reports these space creatures are abducting people possibly, for medical data.

The govornment not only cannot seem to make diplomatic contact with these beings, they continue to evade such attempts, and continue to engage in nefarious activity. The govornment has no idea if we have a freind or foe.

So, the govornment is left with a dilema: let it be known super intelligent beings from space with super tech are silently invading the earth, or visiting it without saying hi and hiding their presence. And when the public asks, well, what do we do? And the govornment says, well, gee, there really aint # we can do, even our weapons couldnt do anything to them.

Suddenly you have a public paniced about possible invasions from space, and the govornment is now useless, as it can do nothing. People take matters into their own hands.

Also, such a revelation woulkd shake alot of religous foundations, cause social chaos, ect.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Our government knows it doesn't have weapons that could protect us against them.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Offthestreet,

I wasn't speaking of you making assumptions in your seven statements - just the followup. But I will have to admit you made some good points.

However, on the issue of the conveniently blurry pictures of UFOs. People don't take cameras with them everywhere expecting to take pictures of UFOs. It's actually quite amazing what we've come up with, considering.

To even come close to reaching such an object you would need a very long focal length camera lens. Let's say at least a 500mm on a 35mm camera. Lenses of this length are known to weigh a freakin ton, I have one and I know. Typically of the smaller focal length lenses there is a rule that photographers follow to avoid blurry pictures - the shutter speed that you shoot at should be equal or faster than the reciprocal of the focal length
Example: I am using a 50mm lense, therefore my shutter speed should be at least 1/50th of a second or faster in order for the picture to come out sharp, and this isn't even taking into account objects that oscillate. This does not even take into account ambient light, f-stop, and weather conditions

My 500mm weighs about 5 lbs, which is 5x the weight of my camera, so the reciprocal rule does not work there because no matter what, camera shake is going to make my picture blurry. Therefore I will need a tripod. Those take a while to set up with such a lens. Then we come to the problem of focusing on a distant object (some lenses will allow to focus to infinity and should cover it) One conclusion is that all ufo pictures are hoaxes or that it is amazing what we have managed to capture thus far.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Coronamoz, I can understand your (and my) frustrations with long focal length lenses. Years ago, when I still used film, I had a 500 mm f/4.5 catadioptric lens on an old Minolta match-needle SLR, and I had to use a door-jamb or a tree or something similar if I were shooting under low light conditions -- and I wouldn't even think of stopping down (not that you get any depth of field on a lens that long, anyway LOL)!

In late 2000 I got a Nikon CoolPix 990; it was top-of-the-line then, and it's still my main camera. Understand that it has a (35 mm equivalent) 28-115 mm zoom lens, which, with the 5X add-on lens from Eagle Eye, gives me a maximum FL of 565 mm (with no vignetting). Interestingly enough, I almost never use the long lens unless I'm hunting critters on my hikes, but just the regular lens at 115 mm allows me to crop and enlarge substantially and still maintain some semblance of focus. And this is with a camera of only 3.3MP!

You can now buy a digitral camera (Konica Minolta DiMage Z3) with a 35-420 mm (optical!) zoom, 4 MP, and an anti-shake lens for about half of what I paid for my old Nikon. I have talked to several folks and read several reviews. One of its strong points is pictures of sports activities; you know it'd be just right for taking pictures of flying things.

But there are lots of folks who take a camera with them wherever they go (I do), and I'm sure that at least half of them are digitals. My question is not why aren't all these pictures in focus -- it's why isn't even one in focus?

By the way, I may not be talented as a photographer, but I am enthusiastic. If you have a few minutes, check out
members7.clubphoto.com...

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay, I'm a bit confused. (which isn't unusual)

Is the thought that the US Government is covering up the existence of ET beings? If so, is that to say that only in the US there would be an existance of aliens? What about other countries? Aren't abductions and sitings world wide? How does the US government reach out to cover up everything worldwide?

Do we (US Government) have an agreement with other countries that we won't discuss the existence of aliens, but 'oh by the way' we have to send in our military in to kick your butts because you have invaded another country, you have been shipping too many drugs to our country, or you have links to terrorism?

As much as I like to lean toward the existence of aliens in our world, I have a hard time trying to figure out how all governments can be aligned with covering that up, but can't see eye-to-eye on anything else. Am I too naive?

This thread has been an awesome read by the way, THANKS to all for the interesting reading.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I posted a response to my colleague Coronamoz presenting some calculations based on the Drake Equations. My assumptions and calculations showed, among other things, a statistical number of 625 intelligences in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Two of my key assumptions were in error.

I used one billion as the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. Recent research shows that the number is at least 200 billion, and quite likely 400 billion stars.

I assumed an initial 0.5 value for f-sub-*, based on the number of Population II stars at about fifty percent. Further research shows that, in a 16 G-year-old Universe, the number is Population II stars -- which have little planetary matter surrounding them and are therefore not a candidate for life to form -- is substantially lower that I had assumed. I believe twenty-five percent is a more reliable estimate. I believe the type of stars where life is possible increases by a factor of 1.5.

Therefore, my figures are off by a factor of six hundred; and I am inclined to believe -- making the same assumptions -- that the statistical number of intelligent life-stars in the Milky galaxy is not 625, but 375,000.

However, the chances (using the refined figures above) of coming to visit our Earth is still only (0.0000625 percent X 600) or 0.0375 percent of a chance of coming here. That's less than one-tenth of one percent.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You guys are so great! I must say you exceeded my wildest expectations. You made me proud to be part of ATS, this is an exceptionally amazing and intelligent group of people.

A special shout out to CORONAMOZ and Off_The_Street, you displayed remarkable respect for one another while at the same time contradicting the other's views with brilliant ideas and theories. Great to be working with y'all.

[edit on 9/30/2004 by leptir]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon", Victor Marchetti, May 1979. Marchetti was a former CIA official:

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.�
"The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.�
"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security." (Disclosure threatens the status quo)

Source:
www.bibleufo.com...

[edit on 6-10-2004 by evilution]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security."

Evilution - thanks for sharing the link. The reference is to 'major nations' and how does this include all nations? If I am the ruler of Uganda, and I'm pissed that I'm not getting enough aid to support all the starving people in my country. Can I call up the US and say, I will spill the beans on the recent UFO landing and our interaction with aliens if you don't provide us with 1 billion dollars of aid? I'm still having a problem with the 'long arm of the cover up' in relation to all nations and countries having had some exposure to aliens. How can it ALL be covered up?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa

Can I call up the US and say, I will spill the beans on the recent UFO landing and our interaction with aliens if you don't provide us with 1 billion dollars of aid? I'm still having a problem with the 'long arm of the cover up' in relation to all nations and countries having had some exposure to aliens. How can it ALL be covered up?

Muckwa,

Good question replying to the quote I posted. But although not major players in the international scene, the Belgium & the Mexican governments didn't have a problem "spilling the beans" re: the UFO phenom...OOps! I forgot, NATO Headquarters is in Brussels, Belgium.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by evilution]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Maybe the government is controlled by these 'aliens' and like you said, we're here as an experiment? :p

Aliens control the governments and the governments control us :p

Retillian thesis..

[edit on 9/26/2004 by QuietSoul]

Your somewhat close .. lets look at some briefe history

-Satan was an angel (Gone awry)
-Angels are believed to be aliens (they descended from the heavens)
-The heavens were later called the skies
-Satan is in control of the government

(I quote from Big Pun) "Even Jesus was killed by the polices"

Satan seen the power the government held over the people and decided to use it to his advantage to lie and decieve the people.

so you would be right to assume aliens or an 'alien' is or are in control of the government

I've also heard "rumours" that there are treaties and rules inplace with aliens and that there were more than one species who have visited us, and that one race wanted us to disarm all nuclear weapons and disarm in totality (that is the world, not just the US) ... and they wanted to teach us about spirituality, but we refused, because we thought it was a trick .. hahaha we're idiots.. ) so they said we weren't ready and left.. haven't come back .. but others have visited us, and we have traded technologies .. (apparently .. ) remember this is all speculation, like really what are the chances theres other intelligent beings out there.. bah.. theres no such thing, no way .. (sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Mostly because if existance was proven, it would definately throw the Bible and all other religious materials and teachings out the window. People wouldn't be able to grasp the concept that we really did come from apes and everything we were taught about God, Allah, Buddah, Larry Moe, Curley, and who ever else, would be a lie. It's safer to keep people less informed than more informed.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
there is only one theory most likely to be true, I think. The gov't has contact with aliens, could be some kind of business, and that has to be covered, because the public is not ready to deal with such thing... the second reason is simple: this relation's primary aim is of military purposes against other countries.

I believe, only this theory makes any sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is obviosly one reason why the government is covering up. This has obviously and probably been stated before but lets just go ahead and do a re-run.

We all know there are the close minded people who would not accept such an announcement. Think about the terrorist for example, who already have a quarrel with many 1st world nations. They would perceive it all as a lie to control the population or throw some excuse such as that. This would give them more of an excuse to cause more terrror.

Then we also have the extremist religous groups. They probably would not accept such an announcement either. I dont know much about many of the various religious textbooks and their opinions on E.T., but I'm sure theres probably a phrase in their somewhere where one would "interpret" it as saying Earth is the only place for life.

Next of all, lets consider what impact it would have the people as a whole. If disclosure broke out, people would start to question the abductions, abduction syndromes, possible UFO's chasing them down at night. It would be paranoia. People would get alien extermination syndrome(these are all just predictions) and you would see many people with shotguns in their homes.

Despite these circumstances, we need to find a way to work around them. Why? becuase we are entitled to the truth. You cant live a lie for the rest of your life thinking we are the only ones or thinking we havent been visited at all. You believe in life on other planets yet you discourage the possibility of being visited when you have no evidence as to how long this life has been around before humanity. And I think people need to ready themselves for disclosure by keeping themselves open to the possibilities of life on other planets and accept that there are UFO's roaming around whether their man made or not.

People arent even at this stage of acceptance that there are UFO's (military made) that are roaming around the U.S as possible test flights. So if you cant accept the fact that the military has some high top secret stuff their testing over U.S. territory then your obviously nowhere near prepared to accept any chance that a UFO has even visited earth. But we can only hope X-PPAC and Disclosure project take care of business as soon as possible and deliver this rude awakening that so righteously needs to be brought to attension.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think maybe the real question we should be asking is exactly how the information should be disclosed in a way in minimize the adverse reactions from the public in general? There is a Roper pole that pretty much supports what most people are saying that there would be some craziness. The survey says that one out of every four Americans think that most people �would freak out and panic.� Also, eighty percent of influential Americans think the US government would classify or suppress evidence of extraterrestrial life. This data supports the theory that we are not informed to protect ourselves.

(Link to NIDS and Roper Poll Survey)
www.nidsci.org...

At least here, in the online circles, the evidence supporting that there could be an alien presence is astounding. It�s not very scientific to say that the reactions to disclosure would even remotely compare to what is publicly displayed here online, but I believe the capitalization on peoples� fear would probably put the Y2K bug to shame. I�m not saying that there would be riots and looting; but we could never know for sure that this wouldn�t happen.

Back to my original question; If you were in a leadership position and had such information free for you to disclose publicly if you wanted to, how would you go about doing so? Would you arrange the greatest Superbowl halftime show of all time, or slowly leak the information generationally to give people time to adjust to the information? Me, I would defiantly choose the latter as it seems the perceptive thing to do.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think first they should make the ufo sightings more apparent then go from there to lay it on real thick after most of the public is convinced.

I can imagine it now....All world leaders gathering at one location and telling all news stations that they are going to drop a bomb shell but no one knows what it is. It could be like one big press conference.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I definitely agree with aspects of various posts here. Assuming that the late 40's UFO incidents weren't the result of the USA testing newly acquired Nazi technology, and the ET thing is for real, the US government may be keeping a secret of the fact that it traded with ETs on behalf of Earth rather than one nation. What was traded, who knows. Do people still get abducted or see the 'greys' that we are all familiar with, or has this died out??? Just thought that the UFOs seen today are no longer of ET origin but are the result of the technology the US accepted on behalf of the whole planet??

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
People claim the US "government" knows about alien technology, but what does that really mean? More specifically, who actually has contact with the aliens? While it may in some ways be affiliated with the US government, wouldn't it be better to consider whatever organization has contact with aliens, as a seperate organization. You could even call it a secret society. Is there only one organization, or are there multiple organizations with competing factions involved?

As far as technological ability, I think the best historical example to use, would be Japan. Throughout its history, there have been certain families, who have benefited from technological imports from China. For a long time they effectively controlled all imports, and knowledge imported from China, and used the offshoots to effectively control the coutnry. When seen in that way, it doesn't seem to surprising to think some group would be harnessing alien technology in order to control the earth This alone could be enough reason for secrecy.

However, we could also imagine the most caring of scientists being the ones with knowledge of aliens. How would you react if you learned about easy-to-make weapons, which could be used to cause untold destruction. With any technology like this, there will always be a real threat, that they fall into the wrong hands. Is humanity really ready for such technology? Presumably, they would focus their efforts on changing human society, until we are at a stage, where we could handle the revelation of such knowledge.

Too much alien contact could also be detrimental to humanity. Just like when the United States was colonized, an alien presence on earth could be detrimental to the indigenous population, us.

Yet, the other real possiblity is that human really knows what is going on. So many of you attribute super-human powers to the government. They do have lots of human and resources, but the government is just a bureacratic human organization. What would the government be more afraid than that which they cannot understand. Just like religious leaders denounced scientific experiments which they don't know about, government ignorance about UFO's is quite embarassing. I don't think it is government's nature to admit things exist, which it does not know about and cannot address. They could have various hints like we have, but no complete picture.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Assuming ET's are real and we have theit technology-

Why reveal your hand before the call?

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
nobody wrote so far, that the US gov't is not only dealing with UFO technology or aliens, but for most important, they are dealing with the taxpayers' money!! So that secret UFO program, and whatever the US gov't is giving to those aliens for technology, is actually from the tax of the citizens. Perhaps, some people involved, know that the partial informations of high tecnology is just useless, or even a complete UFO is also useless, because we just do not have the knowledge to keep it under control.

Test flights, and enormous investments are still useless, so ehat they are doing, is simply wrong. I believe, the main reason for covering all this, is to also cover the resources thrown out for all this. . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join