It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories for why the government is covering up the existence of extraterrestrial beings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Since the beginning of human existence or at least since the beginning of the abstract intelligent human mind we have questioned everything around us. Where did we come from? What is our purpose? Where do we go after death?

Put aside that silly concept that is religion and a possible explanation for our existence could be that we were put here by an extraterrestrial race. Are we just part of an elaborate experiment?

Let us believe without a doubt for a second that there are other beings out there beside us (you would have to be pretty arrogant to think that Earthlings are the only beings in this universe anyways). Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings? Any theories and ideas are welcome.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
maybe the government is using crashed ufos to build some super weapon and they don't want other people to know about it

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Probably because they think the average joe public would take the news of intelligent life badly, it would also have an affect on religions, people would be worried as to wether they mean us harm which would be the first question anyone would probably ask.

And all the conspiracies related to the government about et's and roswell/MJ12/blue book/coverups would prove that the governments are assholes.

Theres another recent thread that was asking for theories about this same subject i think?

You could do a search and read what people have said.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The answer is that there is no answer for now.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe the government is controlled by these 'aliens' and like you said, we're here as an experiment? :p

Aliens control the governments and the governments control us :p

Retillian thesis..

[edit on 9/26/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well, I had a good reply to this already written, but now it's in
Above Top Secret 3.1 � Moderators Only � Trash Bin � Give people a chance to review this informaion.

WTF!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Let me make sure I have your logic right here.

"Let us believe without a doubt for a second that there are other beings out there beside us (you would have to be pretty arrogant to think that Earthlings are the only beings in this universe anyways). Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings?'

It seems to me you left a few steps out of your logic. Let me stick them in and you tell me if they're right:

1. There are other beings our there besides us. Therefore

2. Those other beings are intelligent ones. Therefore,

3. They are able to travel to other solar systems. Therefore,

4. They have done so. Therefore,

5. Out of the billion or so solar systms just in our galaxy, they chose the Earth as one of the lucky ones, and visited us. Therefore,

6. Although they could have visited the Earth any time over, say, the last hundred billion years, they just happened to do it in our lifetimes. Therefore,

7. The government found out about it and no one else did. Therefore,

8. The government decides to keep it quiet.

Which leads to your final question: "Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings?"

"Any theories and ideas are welcome."

Let me give you my ideas first.

In order for your question to even make any sense. you and everyone else have to assume that every single step in the outline above, from items 1 to 8 is true. Of just one of those eight assumptions is false, then the whole idea falls apart like a cheap suit in a tornado.

But you don't have any evidence at all for even one of those eight steps!

Now for my theory:

There aren't any extraterrestrial intelligences visiting the earth. Although there probably are extraterrestrial intelligences, the chances of them reaching the spacefaring point in their evolution at just the same time we do, and then picking our planet out of the billions available, coupled with the fact that such a trip would take hundreds of thousands of years, makes the chances of extraterrestrial intelligences visiting earth vanishingly small.

Could it happer? Yes.

Would I believe it? Yes, but I'd want some sort of evidence first.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76
Above Top Secret 3.1 � Moderators Only � Trash Bin � Give people a chance to review this informaion.

WTF!

Your video is at www.disclosureproject.com if that's what you're referring too

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
if that was the case, the goverment wouldnt reveal it because it would destroy all religions, and cause chaos. interesting theorie though that ive read about many times.

Donna xx

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am not sure why you are freaking out about this, or so it seems. First of all my, post is for the purpose of summoning up theories and ideas. I simply want to hear your theories on why the government is or may be covering up the existence of aliens. The question is purely hypothetical, it can be answered whether or not you believe aliens have visited our planet.

I choose to believe that we have been contacted in some shape or form, and I even believe it when people say that they have had some sort of an encounter with UFOs and aliens - be it just a glimpse of a ship or an abduction. An impressive collection of stories from around the world suggest that extraterrestrial beings have chosen our planet and they do have the capabilities to observe and contact us. There is a pattern in all stories, I do not think that people from all the corners of the Earth have just come up with the same/similar stories by coincidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Off the street: you may want to factor in this as well.

Humankind as an intelligent hominid has walked, thought, and wrote for over 25,000 years.

If there is more than one intelliegent species on a given set of random worlds with many left either barren or still in development, then one also must consider that each individual genesis was started a different point than another. It is likely that there are ET's that are way more advanced than us, likewise we are more advanced than some other ETs.

Given that colonization and exploration run hand in hand with curiousity which many different animals (man included) is it also not reasonable that ET's of various species would do the same. Futher, the group of ET's that are more advanced certainly are not going to be content with staying on their homeworld. They will wonder about and continue settling elsewhere for various reasons.

back on topic:
I do believe there is a coverup, whether it's an advanced civ or a civ that's slightly more advanced than us, I cannot say. If word and evidence got out, it would divide people real quick. Some will immediately try to discredit it out of denial. Others will will try to enlighten as many as possible. Some peeps will be shear fear of what may come, others may welcome it. Perhaps the gov't(s) are trying to prevent another division that may actually hurt it's own credibility. I still think that the truth, though painfull for some, is quite necessary. The pain and shock will only last for so long before entropy dictates apathy on the issue.(even if it takes centuries)

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ms. Leptir, I would hardly consider my response to be "freaking out".

My point is that it appears that you have asked for opinions as to why the government is covering up information about extraterrestrial intelligence because you assumed that they are actually doing so, and I merely called that assumption into question.

If, on the other hand, you are asking for opinions as to the reason the government is doing something that it might not really be doing is a question I certainly wouldn't be able to answer.

However, theories are assertions and hypotheses that are actually backed by evidence, can be repeated, and explain certain happenstances better than any other idea. I just don't see the hypothesis of extraterrestrial intelligences claiming any of those parameters.

I hope and trust that you don't take my comments and ideas as an affront to you or to anyone on this board; I am certainly not presenting them in that manner.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Originally posted by Seth76

WTF!

Your video is at www.disclosureproject.com if that's what you're referring too

I'm not talking about the video; I'm talking about relevant opinions that I was going to reference that are now only viewable to the moderators. Where did you get video, from the word reply? If you think that I was setting this up for YET ANOTHER plug for the disclosure project, you have sadly misinterpreted my intentions.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok, a moderator got back to me with the reply that I had previously made, thanks again UM_Gazz. I have it save locally now, in case I ever want to reference it again.

Because it�s no longer on the board, I guess I�ll have to post it again.
The basic outline of my reasoning on why information is being withheld from us is like this.

----

Plausible reasoning against disclosure of alien life or advanced technology

Religion and Social View

I have read a statistic that 80% of people would change their religious belief in some way if evidence came forward that proves the existence of aliens. There are some interesting articles on the impact on current religious beliefs
(here). This isn�t even minding that some people believe that aliens are humanoid and have DNA. The statistical probability against an extraterrestrial species developing completely separate from earth�s organisms having almost completely human form is outrageous. It having life cycle carrier, or if you will, the information needed and passed on for the said organism to evolve based on deoxyribonucleic acid is not improbable but statistically impossible. There are millions, possibly even billions of other hydrocarbons that an alien organism could be chemically based upon.

How devastating of a change would this religious and social change be to the world�s people? Wow, aren�t religion and social changes both acknowledged as a cause of (war)? At least for the people who comprehend the mathematical probability toward the existence of life in just our galaxy alone, it is common knowledge that other life is in our universe. It is the trend that the more educated a person is, the more likely they are to believe in extra terrestrial life being somewhere else in the universe, but of course not necessarily the belief they are being active in Earth�s affairs.

So, what circumstances do you suppose the government would have to have arisen that the information would be disclosed? My outlook is nothing less than a major change in society�s view, because if alien contact is true in any sense, all parties involved have likely forbid disclosure to the general public because of the social impact. That is, if there has indeed been "Type 5" alien contact, the impact of disclosure on social behavior has been weighed heavily and may have even been a requirement and a precursor to the event.

Weaponization

Also, I have contemplated that technologies are kept secret because they could be easily be used as weapons. With unlimited and portable energy resources I can only imagine the number of ways one could use it to create armaments. Rail, or coil guns being the easiest thing that I can think of that this technology could be applied to. Defensive or offensive use of time/space distortions, neutron beams, ultra high energy laser beams (I'm thinking of something maybe powerful enough to cause fusion on the target), and what other atrocities could it be used to create?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by leptir
Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings? Any theories and ideas are welcome.

Because at the present time, they are perceived as a known threat to humanity. I think that would be the main reason. You ask the question first: Is this type of life dangerous to us, or is it a non-hostile life? The lesser reasons would have to do with technology and sociology.

They are just like us. We were made in their image. We received a part of their biology and dna, which means we can somewhat assume they are technologically advanced. They may have been here in the past, with all the "mysteries" that go unsolved, Pyramids, pyramids on Mars etc.

So, my reason is that they are perceived as a threat. They are probably war-like and we will be ready once they decide to arrive.

The second most important reason is that the Government is already infiltrated by these "intelligences".

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The simplest answer is control.

A more detailed answer is that the current status quo of the earth is being maintained by covering up this subject. If the public ever fully realized an ET presence, the result is clear. It would spell the end of our current way of life. Those in control of the information will absolutely not allow that to take place. The subjugation of the poor by the rich on this planet through the machinations of economy, politics, religion, and culture would be shattered if everybody knew the truth. That there was more than what we know. That there are better ways to live. And that their own governments lie to them so much that they have no right to exist.

This subject is kept quiet by two groups. Which makes it twice as impossible to find out the truth than if it were just a human secret. Extraterrestrials have their reasons for secrecy much as our governments have their own reasons. Which I will add below.

ETs are obviously not war-like. You wouldn't be reading this now if they were. This planet would be theirs in a quite overt fashion. What we are bearing witness to is a slow and quite subversive measure to save the planet from destruction by its inhabitants while trying to keep chaos to a minimum. Whether or not disclosure occurs by these extraterrestrials is quite up to them. Our governments really have no control over outing this subject to the public if ETs so desire their presence be made known. Everything I have read has enforced this opinion with me. Including abduction scenarios that seem scary to us. Much like any wild animal is frightened to death when human conservationists capture, treat, and relsease them, so too are we when put into the same situation.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe there's nothing to disclose.

Woah, now that's a thought more radical than accepting there's a big secret in today's realm of UFO mythology.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Maybe there's nothing to disclose.

Woah, now that's a thought more radical than accepting there's a big secret in today's realm of UFO mythology.

There is something to the subject even if there is nothing extraterrestrial about it. I've seen a couple of UFOs myself and there exists in public record a number of government UFO documents for incidents such as the 1965 Edwards AFB case and the 1980 RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge AFB case. Of all paranormal subjects, none were ever publicly investigated by our government other than this one. For 22 years at that.

There is absolutely something to it whether its just some incredibly bizarre government psy-op which only result is the negative effect of creating dissent among their constituents, or it really is some kind of ET phenomenon that is kept as quiet as possible.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Modern mythology is what I think.

Mythology has been with humans since the dawn of time, it just doesn't die.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There's something behind it all. Who knows. But the truth will come out some day. But if I was an alien about to go to another planet and saw weapons all around the planet, wars and there people killing each other, I would be afraid and probably wouldnt go. Or at least go take a look and not stay long. So think about what other alien species think of our planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join