It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on philosophy forum.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A enthnics and philo forum i think would be cool. One question what are you talking about NC mental masturbation and the such. I think it should include the whole subject you know. So Mods or Sup Mods whould it be possilbe if there was enough intrest.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
One question what are you talking about NC mental masturbation and the such.

I believe NC meant that it just is something you do in your mind, and that it really doesn't accomplish much.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Philo can accomplish nothing over than a very intresting topic now this is the first example that came to mind but still i question like why dies a sphere roll and a cube not cant really be anwered by science other than well a sphere is a sphere, its round thats obvious. Do you see where i mean does that just sound like mad rammbleing.

I think if a few problems where adressed it could be a good forum. A forum on Philo would encorage more postings on this topic and would cause more indepth conversation maybe than with any other forum.

It would bring a larger community to ATS therefore making the web site more money. I mean how many well established philosophy message boards are there. It would also open many other doors and benafit the web site lots. If you were to find how many were for and how many against it might be wearth while. Not to mention giveing chances for some intresting guests therefore bringing even greater numbers. As well as gaining a bit more credability by this i mean most non-conspricy theorists think "How sad" but if it has what is classed as a intelligent but weird semi-science thing we may gain more credibility. In which case more chances to Deny Ignorance to a wider community. This bit isnt a joke by the way.

And latter unite the world LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
shorty - How about a Philosophy and Metaphysics forum? It could be included as a subcategory under the Science forum ...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
well i believe NC ruined this thread by talking about what he does daily...

anyway, there is nothing conpiracy-ish about philosophy, or is there???

our motto is deny ignorance...

philosophy would go better in BTS...

talk to SimonGray...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Philo can accomplish nothing over than a very intresting topic now this is the first example that came to mind but still i question like why dies a sphere roll and a cube not cant really be anwered by science other than well a sphere is a sphere, its round thats obvious. Do you see where i mean does that just sound like mad rammbleing.

Not sure about science not being able to answer your cube/sphere conundrum.

If you want to smoke a fat one it's pointless asking a cube to roll it.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
well i believe NC ruined this thread by talking about what he does daily...

anyway, there is nothing conpiracy-ish about philosophy, or is there???

our motto is deny ignorance...

philosophy would go better in BTS...

talk to SimonGray...

Your premise that there is nothing conspiracy-ish about philosophy... OK

but then you jump to... "our motto is deny ignorance"

and then to the conclusion ... put it on BTS.

A completely INCOHERANT argument!

Edit: decided to adress topic..

"an sich" (striaght into to philosophy here) its a great idea.

I think it best to make a difference between theist worldviews and atheist ones. One will be the religions forum and the other this proposed philosophy one. There is no use debating the existance of god/gods in a religion or theology forum as his existance is pre-supposed there, therefore a philosophy depaaartment (said in an aussie accent) is a goo idea imo.

[edit on 28/9/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
shorty - How about a Philosophy and Metaphysics forum? It could be included as a subcategory under the Science forum ...
Well whatever i would just like to see a Philo forum on here i dont mind what it is mixed with. So Simon Skeptic, please concider this.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well whatever i would just like to see a Philo forum on here i dont mind what it is mixed with. So Simon Skeptic, please concider this.

Why do you need a Philosophy forum to talk about it? If there's something specific you want to talk about put it in Chit Chat, or if there's a specific Philosopher you want to discuss start a thread about them and their ideas in Literature, it's that easy really. If you want to talk about Philosophy then talk about it, there's nothing stopping you, but I don't think the subject is going to run rampant on this board enough to justify a forum of it's own...

[edit on 28-9-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You could say that about anything though UFOs NWO secret societies every single forum could go under Chit Chat.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

Your premise that there is nothing conspiracy-ish about philosophy... OK

but then you jump to... "our motto is deny ignorance"

and then to the conclusion ... put it on BTS.

A completely INCOHERANT argument!

Edit: decided to adress topic..

"an sich" (striaght into to philosophy here) its a great idea.

I think it best to make a difference between theist worldviews and atheist ones. One will be the religions forum and the other this proposed philosophy one. There is no use debating the existance of god/gods in a religion or theology forum as his existance is pre-supposed there, therefore a philosophy depaaartment (said in an aussie accent) is a goo idea imo.

[edit on 28/9/2004 by Corinthas]

im not trying to argue with anyone...

just typing in random thoughts...

thanks for noticing...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You could say that about anything though UFOs NWO secret societies every single forum could go under Chit Chat.

errrr...not really. This is a conspiracy board and these kinds of topics are the ones that people generally come here for, having their own subject forum is justified and absolutely necessary.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Fragile Earth forum isn't 'conspicy-ish' nor alot of other forums i dont really want to list them all because you know them as well probably better than i do. I dont mind if it is on ATS or BTS i would just enjoy one as well as other people and i think it would bennifit the board community in genral.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well as I've said no one is actually stopping you from starting threads on Philosophical subjects, go for it. Start a few threads in Chit Chat or whatever and see what kind of response they get, if they go well and get a huge response then that might justify creating a forum for it and again...no one's stopping you.

If anything though, as morbid said earlier in the thread maybe "Faith, Spirituality and Theology" should be changed to "Faith, Spirituality, Theology and Philosophy" if you absolutely need to have a forum or sub-forum heading in order to feel right posting about it.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would post a philo subject on Chit Chat if i had anything to say about it. So I call to whatever Philosophy members are about make a thread in Chit chat about Philo to kee John happy.

No offence

[edit on 29-9-2004 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

make a thread in Chit chat about Philo to kee John happy.

No offence

"kee John happy" errr...ok. I couldn't possibly get offended as I can't understand what you write half of the time, no offense if you've got dyslexia.

I don't need to be made happy, I'm just suggesting ways to make yourself happy, if you want to talk about "Philo" then go for it.

Personally I'll probably stay away as "Philo" can be a hard enough subject to get around without struggling to try and grasp your own version of spelling and grammar as well.

No offense.

out.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

make a thread in Chit chat about Philo to kee John happy.

No offence

"kee John happy" errr...ok. I couldn't possibly get offended as I can't understand what you write half of the time, no offense if you've got dyslexia.

out.

Oh no you discovered my secret.
im gonna have to silence to now. Not really, yeah im dyslexic yeah i can spell keep properly but weather i can spell properly properly is debateable. I dont blame dyslexia for bad spelling or gramma though. Now we got that sorted.

Dont you think doesn't any part of you think it might be intresting to read posts in a forum like that. The subject of Philiosophy is a incredible intresting and complex subject weather you class it as a fools science or even a science at all. Ok then answer me this with science why does a sphere roll and a cube not.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think we discuss philosophy quite a bit in the forums. Hard to avoid with the topics we raise here. As to a forum, I think it becomes redundant to create one when it's already on the board. Sorta like that last sentance.
As stated before if you have something specific you want to discuss, Chit Chat is there. You not a BTS bigot are you?

As to the sphere/cube thingy, that's not philosophy, physics will provide you with the answer to that one.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

As to the sphere/cube thingy, that's not philosophy, physics will provide you with the answer to that one.

Your right its not philosophy but philosophy can provide an anwser and i belive you are missing the point.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok...if no-one else will bite...I suppose I'll ask. I'm in suspenders on it as it is now.
I do not have a philosophical degree (pity) but my son is a philosophy professor at the best university for that particular subject.

He's coming home for thanksgiving (Canadian one is early in October) and I would like to get an idea of how you, Shorty, would argue why cubes don't roll as easily as a ball, excluding physics as a means of argument.

Honestly, I will pose your reasoning to him at or about October 10 and respond fortwith.

If this takes off with a number of replies and interest, I will change my mind on the usefulness of a seperate forum

[edit on 29-9-2004 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join