It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift in 2012?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Originally posted by hoonsince89
i have a compass glued to my desk, and since January 11th it has moved almost a whole direction (south to west). explain that?

pics or it didn't happen.

Now i don't have a pic of its first position, as i didn't think it would actually move, so you'll just have to take my word for it on that one.

I glued it directly on NORTH and it stayed their for some time, dates are listen when i noticed it move.

It is still currently in the 38-39 degree position.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by hoonsince89

Sounds silly question - but has your desk moved - if not how many degrees has compass point moved

I don't think my desk would have moved, its quite heavy, and would have to move a considerable amount to get a 38 degree change on the compass. I think the most plausible explanation would be an electrical device, but the only thing i have found that effects the reading is my phone or head phones, and i've always made sure they stay well away from the compass.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Sounds like y our desk moved. Magnetic changes are quite slow. Here you describe a 90 degree change of direction. Such a change would be world wide news.

Sorry for the misinformation, read the wrong north
it moved about 38 degrees... I'm sure their is an normal explanation, but i am yet to find it!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What about magnets, motors, iron, etc. that can affect the local field? Have you excluded any of that?

No one else is reporting a massive change in the orientation of the field.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
For future reference.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by murkraz

Could you give us a brief synopsis of the video? Not everyone wants to sit through an hour of video.

Apologies.

It is essentially a shorter documentary looking at the core, or rather the outer core and the inner core, noting the South America Anomaly, and showing in detail how it has been detiorating extending westerly with time, leaving a spot in the atmosphere where the Hubble telescope would be bombarded with protons whilst passing through this location.

Near the anomaly, they mention how there are spots down there that are magnetically pointing in various directions, and how this anomaly could gain insight over time into how after so much deterioration, this area could be heavily related to a pole shift, if one was to occur.

They show a few tests, and expand on the inner core, showing recent seismology and a study into a deep 7.9 quake that ended up sending visible waves (if layered with several seismograms for the "sweet spot"), showing evidence that very much so supports the inner core.

One man in Japan in the video actually conducts tests with his own little "Earth", further showing conclusive evidence of what goes on at the core unbeknowst to most.

One of the better videos I've watched that makes a fair mention to this topic in depth.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Originally posted by artistpoet

Sounds silly question - but has your desk moved - if not how many degrees has compass point moved

I don't think my desk would have moved, its quite heavy, and would have to move a considerable amount to get a 38 degree change on the compass. I think the most plausible explanation would be an electrical device, but the only thing i have found that effects the reading is my phone or head phones, and i've always made sure they stay well away from the compass.

I like your idea of gluing a compass to your desk to monitor any magnetic movements.
I see it marks a gradual movement - still a mystery what has caused that though unless your pulling our legs or the table legs - hope the ink comes off - But seriously your experiment is a good idea in principle.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Thanks, Yer unsure, checked everything i can think of and it still remains in the same position.
I gave the desk a big nudge but it still only moved about 3 degrees. So fair to say its moved at least 20 degrees minus possibly faults....
Guess just have to wait and see what the future brings!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Thanks for the excellent synopsis. I think I'll try to catch this video.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
so much rebuttal from a guy that refuses to collect and digest data. This observation being made, its a civil thread..."makes me wonder how I keep from going under"

Addressing the compass: 38 sudden degrees of change ??? Is there a tractor, or engine on a stand outside the window? Did kids or spouse move the table. Call local Army National Guard Armory and ask if they have changed their declination angle.

Addressing Pole Cap: The United States average temp rose suddenly last month 8 degrees. Global temp. Dropped 7 mean degrees and created the ice age. ????? How do they know that????

WHERE THEY THERE WATCHING A THERMOMETER ?

If Solar CME's continue and Excelerate, a quick rise in temp globally we could have just what has been predicted.
But which prediction will we get?
And thats if the Solar CME's keep up

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Those of you familiar with Edgar Cayce's predictions should be aware that he too described 2 previous pole shifts and confirmed that another is (at his time) on it's way. For us here in 2012, that means it has already started.

Link

Here is the Cayce map of the future world.

Map
edit on 16-4-2012 by drivebricker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by drivebricker

I looked over the Hutton link and it is probably purposely confusing APW with TPW. The first is apparent polar wander which is seen through things like plate motion. The red text commentary makes little to no sense except when correctly pointing plate motion rather than the false idea that pole shifts are possible.

Nothing in reading 1 mentions or suggests an ancient pole shift.

Reading 2 does not necessarily mean a pole shift. It sounds more like the syncline, antisyncline descriptions of older geology. Notice the reference to Lemuria which was a proposed land bridge that never existed.

Unknown to people in the 1930s was paleomagnetic studies. That data would show that no pole shift was occurred in the last 200My.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
here is another thread not related but has to do with melting polar caps.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

could be the digging in could be to stay warm in a few years, how ever long a few years is

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are a number of ways to detect a hoax.
1. Notice if the referenced literature is all quite old. The notion of old may differ depending upon the field. In the case of pole shifts notice that literature being referenced predates plate tectonics which came into being in the 1960s.

2. Check the referenced literature to see if it actually states what is claimed. This can be literature on either side of the debate. Sometimes the scientific literature is misrepresented. Sometimes the pseudoscientific literature is misrepresented.

In pole shift claims both are done by claiming things that neither Hapgood or Hancock stated or scientific papers have not stated.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A pole shift takes thousands of years. The fact that people think it will suddenly change in 2012 is laughable at best.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You say a pole shift takes thousands of years. Can you give a previous time that a pole shift occurred?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Has no one else got a compass to test this out? lol

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was setting up a telescope with a friend the other night and aligning it when I realize that the north star, Polaris, was right where it ought to be.

No pole shift so far.

Took a look at the planets and the Moon and then went on to check out a few Messier objects. What a nice night of viewing. What a pain it would be if the crust were unsettled. All of the doom and gloom, and building falling, and the shaking of the ground would make watching the wonders around us so troublesome.

Anyone else looking over at Saturn and loving the beauty of the rings?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
First, there are a number of things to consider. The movement of the North Pole can be indicative of many things. The first, and most obvious to any astronomer is the Chandler wobble. Feel free to use Google to test my claims. This wobble shows as the movement of the north pole (not the magnetic one) and from what I remember reading, is influenced by seafloor topology. The effects are noted briefly in this link and if I can find a better link, I will post it.

The movement of the magnetic north pole is slightly different and is based on the rotation of the earth's core - which is fluid, much like a liquid magnet. Science Daily recognizes that the pole is moving, and this movement is accelerating.

For those of you who trust NASA, there are a few links explaining the cause, effect and history of magnetic pole reversals on Earth as well as how they are detected and in fact predict when the next one will occur.

Magnetic Reversals and Moving Continents
FAQ

Of course, a fluid spinning magnet could easily be influenced by external influences such as the sun and the magnetosphere. We recognize that the sun is in a state of change that occurs once every 11 years and that it is currently in process of flipping its magnetic poles.

Now, as to how to detect such a thing - the first thing to note would be bird migratory patterns changing. Pigeons would be a good example bird. I am sure that over time we will find this capability in more than just pigeons.

An increase in earthquakes and tsunamis generated from such at the seafloor would also be something to watch.

I'll add more when it comes to mind, but... One note on Plate slippage: please see this Previous Thread.

Me, I am staying in a place at a height of 3500 feet above sea level.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Interesting post.

One of the problems is that pigeons do not always migrate.

There are birds which navigate from Brazil to the US such as red knots that cannot land and rest. They must fly over 100 hours continuously to make it to their destination. They begin fat and arrive trimmed down. A navigation error would be fatal.

Another issue is that the mass of the core is great and the field strength of other magnetic fields such as the Sun's is weak at the Earth's surface and even less so in the Earth's interior. Remember that we experience very little of the Earth's field intensity at the surface. The field is much stronger as you go deeper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join