It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
One of the main ideas for 2012 is what is called a pole shift. Let me explain what it is and is not.

A pole shift is an idea promoted by Hancock that the outer part of the crust shifts over the bulk of the Earth. When that happens the spot on Earth which used to be the North and South Pole are no longer in the places they used to be. This shift of the poles means that there is a new pair of spots that are the poles and there is a new equator. There are new tropical zones and new temperate zones and new arctic zones.

A pole shift is not a change in the magnetic field orientation. That is not what a pole shift is about. That's not my definition, that's what Hancock states.

It's important to understand the difference.

The idea of an imminent pole shift has been pushed by a lot of different individuals.

Does anyone still see some possibility of a pole shift or does anyone have any evidence to support this sort of idea? Is there still sufficient time in 2012 for a pole shift to be initiated?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Is there still sufficient time in 2012 for a pole shift to be initiated?

No in a word
This will not happen anytime soon or in the near future
In my opinion but then i'm not a crackpot scientist so who knows

Cran

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

As someone who hasn't educated himself on this, I always associated the pole shift with magnetic pole shift.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Its a wild theory that is pretty much impossible. I will show you the way things work in that regard. But first you should know that the finding of this data and working this out came after lots of physics said that it had to be this way.

And then after the physics said it was this way, then using that same physics people began to investigate how it was that dinosaurs of incredible size could ever have lifted their head and still pumped blood to their head.

So in investigating anomalies of the distant past, AFTER the physics was all done, people realized the earth is beyond all doubt, expanding as it should.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

magnetic pole shifts do happen, crust shift probably not so much. magnetic pole shift is happening now, but will probably take some time to complete (we hope)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here's a good source of info re Pole Shift and how One Effects the Other:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-4-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Informative video here. Wish I could add more, but at the moment I don't have a thick opinion on the topic. Looking forward to where this thread goes.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i have a compass glued to my desk, and since January 11th it has moved almost a whole direction (south to west). explain that?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Sounds silly question - but has your desk moved - if not how many degrees has compass point moved

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

I would look toward a localized source as the reason for your compass shifting 90 degrees. If that were due to influences outside of your surroundings, the repercussions would surely be known globally. Perhaps an electrical sources near your compass?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It has never happened before, and it will never happen again!

As to those shill masquerading around, with their artsy masks, only to make money off of fear mongering will undoubtedly one day look in the mirror and see how hopeless they truly are.

Everything lasts for ever, and nothing changes. There is no great wheel in the sky, nor is there a Earth dynamo, nor some magical 'magnetic field' protecting us from the weak power of the sun.

Those who believe this are probably some cuboctahedron, torus loving, malevolent, circle making, triangle pointing, Pi loving fools!

Psshh!

BTW, those lights on Uranus was an alien disco... don't hate because you weren't invited!

Ha! Science! again.... Pshhhh!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
why not?.......shifts happen very quickly elsewhere,just cause as far as we know it hasn,t happened here doesn,t mean it won,t.......mean earth could flip full cycle tomorrow for all we know,could do anything in next min for all we know........thats the thing with the world,its all guess work....... if we like it or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
U know the more the magnetic poles move the more quakes we will have right ???

As our poles move the ground that has a type of magnetic field will tug towards the new direction.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have read so many articles etc regarding Pole Shift
Apparently Magnetic North/South is shifting and does shift
That is why we have the North Pole which is situated in a different location to Magnetic North or so my school books showed.
It is speculation only but perhaps when Magnetic North reaches a tipping point then fluctuations may occur. So many theory's yet no conclusive answers - so yes North/South is shifting but a timeline for a reversal or the estimated 30% shift is beyond predicting - So the prediction of 2012 by some is assumption based on a mish mash of ideas.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
i have a compass glued to my desk, and since January 11th it has moved almost a whole direction (south to west). explain that?

pics or it didn't happen.

I think that there is probably geological evidence that confirms that when a pole reversal occurs, nothing happens to the land masses.

Since the reversals are side by each as they say in Quebec.

You can look at the rock and not see cataclysm during those times related to those events.

But if you consider, that the universe is expanding, outward, there is always outward pressure on any planet or sun. And over time it causes them to expand. The amount is equal to the distance the moon moves away from the earth per year.
I did the math long ago.

The very fabric of space-time is expanding and matter is expanding along with it. So the magnetic field is the flow of dark energy. Its dark, its invisible, and it flows as a result of currents in the quantum foam.

If you take two magnets and try to push them together you can feel the sponginess of the flow of dark energy.
You can't feel it with your hand though, you need to use another magnet. So its on the same wavelength so it can interact and in this case work against each other to form a high pressure area.

The opposite being true when you bring unlike poles together. The waves cancel out, interfere with each other, make a low pressure area and it brings the two magnets together.

So it protects us from other waves of dark energy and light energy from the sun and rest of the universe.

Now we live in a spiral galaxy. And if you can imagine as the quantum foam is expanding it creates one giant whirlpool, a spiral galaxy. That is the mass objects within it, align to the shape of space-time which is a spiral.

Now then in the center of the spiral, could there be a beam of high energy particles? That shoots out a very very long distance? And what might happen if that beam of high energy particles just happened to hit the earth because we aligned with it?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Your the last person i expected to see start a thread asking a question you already know the answer to!
Go fishing much?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I will answer that for you. We are in the plain of the ecliptic, of the galaxy. Its a disk, and we are in one of the outer arms. So you see how could we line up with the galactic center? We can't its a disk.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

These high energy particles you speak - Do you mean from the Galactic Centre's Black Hole?
High energy particles have been fired out directly at Earth by 5 distant pulsars - this occurred years ago and was detected by professional astronomers - sorry no links to this event - I read it in Astronomy Magazine years ago - believe me or not - These high energy particles or emissions caused nothing noticeable to Earth.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
I will answer that for you. We are in the plain of the ecliptic, of the galaxy. Its a disk, and we are in one of the outer arms. So you see how could we line up with the galactic center? We can't its a disk.

Not quite so - we can line up through the disk - whether we do or not is debatable - The Sun and Earth could align with the Central Black Hole - Yet science still speculates exactly where this is

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This subject has always fascinated me. There seems to be evidence for polar wandering, and certainly evidence that supports a magnetic shift at times in the past history of the Earth, however I haven't seen much evidence to support a past shift of the Earth's crust. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just that there isn't much of a scientifically-supported probability of it.

It fascinates me for a myriad of reasons; partly because I'm a reclusive foilhead and also because of my imagination. I can't imagine such an event not being an extinction-level event. As a prepper, it's not something I worry about or attempt to prepare for -- if it happened, I'd be underwater.

In my mind, I don't associate any of the predictive musings concerning 2012 with a pole shift, because I can't come to terms with how something that has never been experienced in human history could be predicted. Still, I'll be interested in following this thread. Always something to learn.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join