It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Iran, Possible Drone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I like this footage as I don't think it's CGI, which is a breath of fresh air for me, too much hoaxing lately as far as I'm concerned. Person who took the video isn't looking for it which adds more weight to it being genuine, so what could it be? Only plausible explanations I can come up with are, that it's a drone, anybody know more about drone shapes?

All theories welcome.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Wow. I was all ready to say BIRD! PLANE! Then I saw the enhancements afterwards. Impressive video and hard to tell if CGI, but to be honest something isn't sitting right with me on this one though I have no explanation as to why. It very well could be a drone, but I would think it appears to be flying too low. Nonetheless, star and a flag.
edit on 14-4-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised it they made certain drones that appeared " UFO" like as a way to use as an excuse for your military not being there. just blame it on the ufo and say the people were seeing things.

It's a really smart idea, not sure what they is in the video though.

What it's not :

Bird , commercial aircraft, superman

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

I wouldn't be surprised it they made certain drones that appeared " UFO" like as a way to use as an excuse for your military not being there. just blame it on the ufo and say the people were seeing things.

It's a really smart idea, not sure what they is in the video though.

What it's not :

That's the issue...Drones, at least in the case of Iran, aren't meant to be seen or heard. They would be there to spy on whatever it is they are spying on. Also I don't think a spy drone would be flying over a populated city at such a low altitude unless it was planning an attack.

So here are a few questions. Is there any way to verify the landmarks in the video and verify this video was indeed shot in Isfahan, Iran? These seem to be elaborate buildings. I know it's Iran, but is this the only sighting?

What it's not :

I will agree with you on this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Interesting note. There was a previous UFO sighting in 1982 in Isfahan. Apparently this one was witnessed by thousands. The article also lists a few other sightings up to 2007.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Let me indulge myself and give some thoughts from my own perspective.

This footage does not shake my position as a skeptic, as it is virtually impossible to tell what it is we're looking at even at the highest available resolution. I would make the reasonable suggestion of a bird, plane or drone.

As a neutral observer, I would easily dismiss it as it is impossible to tell what we're looking at. But I wouldn't stretch it any further than the realm of the prosaic, due to the object being poorly detailed.

As a believer, I would jump the gun and say this is without a doubt a UFO with ET's surveying mesopotamia, where "they" once intervened and created the hominid we know today as humans.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Hi there,

I m actually drunk.
But.
I would tend to think a Drone's priority is in geting the info.
They probably don't give a shiz about being seen if there is no risks of being taken down.
Being close probably means getting more accurate info.
So I guess my point is:
Could verry well be a drone. Could very well be something else.

Best

Logiciel

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

you wish

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In consideration that the video has been edited to add in an advertising logo at the beginning, as well as some dramatic musical queues, plus the overlay of location and data, it would not be too far fetched that the video has had other editing applied such that this object could have been added, or altered to fit a convenient UFO platform.

Please show us the raw video without any editing or cuts.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

In consideration that the video has been edited to add in an advertising logo at the beginning, as well as some dramatic musical queues, plus the overlay of location and data, it would not be too far fetched that the video has had other editing applied such that this object could have been added, or altered to fit a convenient UFO platform.

Filmed by Japanese tourists apparently

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Remember this?

first site i saw for it

I remember when i saw it on fox news, i believe last year. You never know tho, maybe iran has made improvments on thier ufo since the American drone crashed thier.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

This footage does not shake my position as a skeptic, as it is virtually impossible to tell what it is we're looking at even at the highest available resolution. I would make the reasonable suggestion of a bird, plane or drone.

Well since the object is clearly disc shaped, and birds aren't disc shaped and they have flapping wings, I think it's safe to rule out a bird. Planes aren't disc shaped either so I would rule out that explanation as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If its a drone its gonna be this SOB right??

Doesnt look like any of the other drones with the big wings etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If it is a drone, what would be the point of the military getting people riled up over nothing? I agree with you though, there are way too many hoaxes going around.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Yeah a logo was added so what that doesn't mean anything also the dramatic music doesn't interrupt the actual footage. If you want raw video without distractions go into some editing program and do it yourself. Or if the "dramatic" music is really bothering you for the 2 seconds it's on, lower the volume.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As for the video I really can't say what it is. At first I thought bird because I've been fooled by ufo videos that were actually birds and this kinda looks like it, but after watching it a few more times I really don't think it is one.

I'm gonna say ufo... unless it's Iran's own surveillance drone which I don't think they have, unless they got the US drone to work lol...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It definately fits with most of the recent ufo sightings (size, shape and all). You may also be right about it being a drone but perhaps its origins are not human. Whos to say that extraterrestrials do not have that same technology. Afterall, that would just be arrogant to think that they dont.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
A 36 second video?
Where is the rest of the footage??

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
A 36 second video?
Where is the rest of the footage??

Did you even read the description?

They didn't notice it in original footage so ergo, how can there be more???

top topics

join