It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God: My Gnosis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I see the truth in what you say, but take another look. A robot is an illusion but at the same time it is able to see certain objects, this makes it hard in discerning where the illusion begins. Does it not? Take numbers they are an illusion and where created by man ( possibly :@@
that which is an illusion can be seen. The human mind is like a screen full of ideas (illusions) once these ideas are seen and looked at, other ideas are created to see how to recreate them in the physical world. Once this is done, we say look this is real because it is visible and touchable by many in the physical world. This planet and the space in and around it, is also like a mammoth screen where think everything is real, but maybe it no more real than the original screen in our mind.
One thing is for sure is that humans thrive on fantasy, a lot of it is far from essential.(but it if makes you happy and hurts nobody where is the problem?)
edit on 14-4-2012 by ancientthunder because: missing comment

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I agree with you ... I always think when "THEY" discribe GOD.. and what he is and wants.. and what THEY DO TO MAKE HIM HAPPY.. ..that I do not really want anything to do with something so SELFISH that he created all of us and everything for HIMSELF.. and that he wants our Worship.. People are waiting/talking about the "Rapture".. I do not want to be sucked up off the planet. The things they seem to be waiting for sound so Horrible to me. I figure it is just a big old Alien world coming to abduct us and have us for Lunch..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

WELL SAID

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stadtsmasher

""I wonder if everything that goes on is just because God is bored.

It must be boring to be the absolute power. So maybe God limits Himself by becoming a mere human mind, or other beings. That experience pain and lonliness. Because thats a novelty for God. Same way we go to scary movies to get a thrill.""

I think that way also.. I think that god is just down right MEAN.. and most people that really believe what they think he says. are either scared to death to mess up or "SIN" or are also Just PLAIN OLD MEAN also..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Have you read the Corpus Hermeticum? LINK

The best translation is a book called the Way of Hermes.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stadtsmasher
Islamic people don't get much respect on ATS.

Its too bad, there are a billion of them and not everyone is a terrorist.

Good first post, OP. I liked it a lot.

That might be because the only one I can remember is pretty caught up in hate and duality. I know there are muslims that are seeking thruth and muslism that have gotten it. You only have to go to facebook and search for All(ah) is one to see your soulbrothers and soulsisters. We will all be as one when we break free from the conditioning that are sent down thru the parents generation by generation. It is one thing to honor you parents and one thing to understand that they do not know better just because they are older. My parents where so blind when I was young compared to what they are now so they are also evolving passed their conditioning.

It is always the ego parasitic manipulating bullies that are the problem in whatever goup they are in: christians, muslims, chinese, poleticians, communists, capitalists.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd

""I wonder if everything that goes on is just because God is bored.

It must be boring to be the absolute power. So maybe God limits Himself by becoming a mere human mind, or other beings. That experience pain and lonliness. Because thats a novelty for God. Same way we go to scary movies to get a thrill.""

I think that way also.. I think that god is just down right MEAN.. and most people that really believe what they think he says. are either scared to death to mess up or "SIN" or are also Just PLAIN OLD MEAN also..

That's probably just people making up stories about how he is to get other people to behave like they want. Do not worry to much about sin. Even if you mess up you will get a another chance to get it right from my point of view. The fault is not gods, it is our inability to drop our ego and connect truly to him. He is trying to get us to evolve to the next stage since many souls here are ready for it. And he is sending soul that do not deserve to be here (in this unevolved place) to do it. We are all part of god. No matter how much we try to deny the connection. If you wanna change god to the better change yourself to the best harmonious you, you can be. Do not worry. It will be alright. You will understand in the end.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Can the seer be seen?
Can you find the seer of this screen before you?
The seer can never be seen because if it could then it would then be 'seen'.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
edit on 16-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No FlyersFan, I am not alluding to God being a thought form. Could we and this be a thought form of God? Actually, the opening post is methodically expressing the nature of interconnectedness, lack of separate Self, and Oneness. Briefly illustrating how creation occurs within the mind before being manifest physically. And drawing together the understanding and conclusion that to Love one's Self is to Love All... to Love All is to Love one's Self... and to Love All is to Love God. In saying "God," I am speaking of the concept of the timeless and formless All.

reply to post by zroth

Hey there zroth. I've heard of it before, I will add Kybalion to my future reading list. Thank you.

I'm glad you enjoyed the op. I am a Muslim, Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Luciferian, Agnostic, Gnostic, Atheist, Occultist, Pagan, and I Am. However, I do not adhere to any religion. If we are to become free and live in peace, we must seek respect, understanding, and brotherhood with All, regardless of religion.

reply to post by ErroneousDylan

ErroneousDylan, thank you for the wonderful quote. That is indeed the essence I was trying to allude to through the familiar medium of Biblical and Qur'anic scripture. Great post, thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join