It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God: My Gnosis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You bring the conflict. Do you see?
edit on 14-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"The final discipline involves the correct apprehension of Identity and passing that clear perception along to our world as quickly as we can." (William Samuel)

Thanks Sahabl! Good job!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You see me as conflict because I challenge your dogmas and assertions, as every free man should. And yet, conflict arises from you because you cannot see these things for what they are: ideas. You have the power to accept or deny my ideas at your will—laugh and scoff at them if you wish—as they can do you or your ideas no harm. But you grow angry because I refuse to see things your way, or accept your ideas as truth. The conflict is in you.

There is no conflict in me. Just the will to have fun debate over questions regarding life and existence.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The thing people call God is real. It is the only thing that is not an idea. It is not even a 'thing' as such.
It is this now ever present moment and the knowing of it. The knowing is gnosis.

Just this:
youtu.be...

But it is not enough for the mind so it is not known by many because the mind is king of the world. Humans intellectulize the world so cannot see what is right in front of them.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The thing people call God is real. It is the only thing that is not an idea. It is not even a 'thing' as such.

Your idea of God is that god is not an idea? I still see only ideas, metaphors and theories—and these things don't exist—until you write them on paper.

It is this now ever present moment and the knowing of it.

The present moment is god? so why don't we worship the present moment. Why call that God when it already has a label: the present. That was my initial point.
edit on 14-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: ETA

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OP: You might enjoy the Kybalion if you have not read it before.

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." — The Kybalion.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

This moment is not an idea. Are you an idea?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No, I exist.

ETA:

But I was under the impression we were talking about god.

edit on 14-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: eta

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Islamic people don't get much respect on ATS.

Its too bad, there are a billion of them and not everyone is a terrorist.

Good first post, OP. I liked it a lot.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So you know for sure you exist, so that is not an idea.
You only ever exist presently. In your presence appearances appear.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

No, I exist.

ETA:

But I was under the impression we were talking about god.

edit on 14-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: eta

Yes.
There is only one thing, ever. Seeing and knowing of this present appearance. Experiencing.
Everytime i open my eyes i invite the world to take shape:
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Know thyself.

Some do it knowingly.
Some don't know.
But no one isn't.

There is nothing but the self to know.
God plays hide and seek.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

God plays hide and seek.

I've had this kind of idea before, sometimes I think you are correct.

I wonder if everything that goes on is just because God is bored.

It must be boring to be the absolute power. So maybe God limits Himself by becoming a mere human mind, or other beings. That experience pain and lonliness. Because thats a novelty for God. Same way we go to scary movies to get a thrill.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stadtsmasher

Life is a ride.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweetmystery

Hi there Sweetmystery. Thank you for sharing your insights and your great contribution to the discussion. When we begin to better understand Self and the nature of this reality... we can't help but to strive to end suffering within ourselves and outside ourselves. Such things give me much hope

That was a wonderful quote by William Samuel, and a great way to summarize this paradigm shift in consciousness. I'll look into his work, thank you for the reference.

May Peace be with you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The first chapter in the Tao Te Ching:

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name
The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things
Thus, constantly without desire, one observes its essence
Constantly with desire, one observes its manifestations
These two emerge together but differ in name
The unity is said to be the mystery
Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

The problem with words is that they are just a means to an end. Where as "God" (not to be confused with the Christian image of) is endless.

I can say the word "horse" and instantly the image of a horse will come to your mind. If I say "God" you probably do have an idea of God pop up in your head. Is it a strong, father-type figure in the white clouds of Heaven looking down? That's just an example. However, the true God (the essence that is all) is infinite, formless. un-ending, nothing, and everything. You can't cognitively perceive God.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
So you use the word gnosis without actually mentioning anything to do with gnosticism.

"My Gnosis" is in itself an oxymoron given the context. Knowledge might have been a better term to use and they aren't the same thing.

This is a genuine discussion. "I" can not get closer to truth unless "we" get closer to the truth. Beyond your semantical arguments, what do you believe I have said wrong in the op? Why?

Peace be with you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

This is the reason I have said that mankind is a race of demigods...however, I am very glad we have not awakened our true potential. Since we have not learned of the laws of the soul, and the vibrational plane from which it was created, we cannot taste the fruit of ascension.

The Bible has stated this in many cryptic clues and riddles, spoken in secret by the wise men in history. However, we are only just becoming aware, just beginning to become ready, for this secret, hidden knowledge that our ancients knew and tried to pass on...but which the Church stomped out because it was dangerous.

No longer can we fear this knowledge, for it is the only thing that can save our race now. No longer can we hide from it, oppress it, for without it...we have no hope of seeing the next millennium. We will destroy ourselves. We must find balance, and the truth within the acclaimed "truth", or we will all fall by our own sword.

There is no alternative. This is the only way. This, I can see in today's world. If we cannot learn, if we cannot grow...we will all die. Not the growing we are taught in schools, and at home, but the growing spoken of hundreds of centuries ago. To live into the future, we must gaze upon the past. We must learn from the past.

It is the only way.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

All i know is that if god said let there be light then he had to be talking to someone otherwise why speak

I figure if I was god and wished to speak and be heard
I would only really want to talk to a Goddess

Thats how new things get created right it takes 2 to create a whole new world
anything made from just one thing is just a copy from of the original

if God where going to talk to someone he sure wouldn't want to talk to puny mortal man

why waste the breath on anything less then super sexy goddess who likes to listen and if she like what she hears God might get a little lucky tonight, possibly make a little bundle of universe
Gigitee

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Good day to you UnlimitedSky. I am happy that you enjoyed the op
Thank you for joining the discussion. Your words are well appreciated.

That was a very simplistic, yet extremely insightful teaching of Buddha, thank you for sharing. Mindfulness and genuine observation reveal the self-evident truths, and allow us to better utilize our creative power. With the understanding of the creative power we have, why would we not strive towards a life and world of less suffering, more peace and happiness?

This is an awe-inspiring and wondrous existence. We have the power to influence this world in beautiful ways. Here's to peace, unity, and happiness

edit on 4/14/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join