It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God: My Gnosis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Nice reply

So you do not love everything?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

God is all seeing, all knowing and always present.
He is the knower of all 'things', including words and thoughts and emotion. Without the presence how could any thing appear?

I use the word defined as in you cannot draw a line, a border.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I see what you mean, he has no finite boundary to you. The idea of God, is all-seeing, all knowing and always present, and will remain such things in most peoples minds. That we can agree on. But, it is still just an idea.

God is not an idea. Ideas appear to God. The mind also appears to God.
Can any 'thing' appear/be seen without a seer?
Can the seer be seen?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So you use the word gnosis without actually mentioning anything to do with gnosticism.

"My Gnosis" is in itself an oxymoron given the context. Knowledge might have been a better term to use and they aren't the same thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If you can prove God is not merely an idea, then you will have a new convert on your hands, and I will sing praise to the lord until I die. But until that time, I can only take fact as fact, and regard fiction as fiction.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'll give you proof that god can be defined

We can name, label, and define anything.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

- Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

When we attribute definitions to the Formless, we are no longer explaining the formless but instead explaining the definition itself.

Even the op does not embody the formless, it is merely a finger pointing to that which can only be experienced/observed.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Every 'thing' is fiction except for the one who sees the fiction (the story of life). The image, the movie of life is seen, without the seer what could there ever be?

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
When we attribute definitions to the Formless, we are no longer explaining the formless but instead explaining the definition itself.

True enough. And I like this statement very much.

So when people claim to worship god, they can only really worship the definition. I like this, thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Please explain: Is god the seer? or Am I the seer? I don't wish to have to interpret too much religiosity this morning.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I would be a liar if I said I actually love everything. However, I carry with me the understanding and knowledge that to Love and to Hate are choices that I am free to make. With the understanding that All is One, it is easier to choose Love, understanding, patience, and kindness more often than to Hate.

When experiencing hate, I ask my Self what is hate? Why do I hate this thing? Why? What causes me to hate? Why? Is it beneficial to me to hate? Why? Is it beneficial to others? Why? What perspective is beneficial? Why? Is it possible to attain the more beneficial perspective? How? Why?

Always having the philosophical mindfulness of how and why I feel.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sahabl, That is really good! You got It!

And, what you describe is not Pantheism. Pantheism is "God in things" Whereas, I think this is saying that "all things" are expressions of God happening within the God's One Infinite Totality of Divine Being. There is a big difference.

I think Sahabi's gnosis is about All Is God and God includes this Life experience as Its own Self-Knowing Awareness "of all that God is".

I do not think there is an 'official' name for this "realization"; maybe we could call this "Absolute Metaphysics". I have heard it stated as that before. But its not Pantheism; Pantheism says "things have God in them", but the Absolute Truth reveals that all "things-form-matter-tme-space" are images, information taking place with the Divine Mind of Godhead-All. (Quantum science is now confirming this too) All is God and God's Self-knowing Awareness.

There are many who are coming to understand all this now. One of my favorite authors on this subject is from out of the early 1960's but his work is becoming re-discovered and getting very popular now. His name is William Samuel. Read his book titled "A Guide To Awareness and Tranquillity" and you will really find some wonderful and confirming support of your brilliant and well stated insight.

Thanks for sharing, I think it is important that we brake out of the 'old view' that God is separate from "who we are', that God is "out there" somewhere sitting on a cloud, controlling the world, or some such. Now we realize that God is All That is and yet we also understand that this is not saying "I am God" ( I have heard that one, and it's a mistaken idea) --- The Truth is that God is being all that I am, and there is sweet and marvelous difference.

Read William Samuel, you will find you are right on track here and the time to make the clear and honest statement of Truth has arrived, so good job!

Anyway, thank you

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Please explain: Is god the seer? or Am I the seer? I don't wish to have to interpret too much religiosity this morning.

Do not interpret. Just leave it to naturally ferment. It is enough. Do not intellectulize, what is done is enough.
Watch Mooji.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I would be a liar if I said I actually love everything. However, I carry with me the understanding and knowledge that to Love and to Hate are choices that I am free to make. With the understanding that All is One, it is easier to choose Love, understanding, patience, and kindness more often than to Hate.

When experiencing hate, I ask my Self what is hate? Why do I hate this thing? Why? What causes me to hate? Why? Is it beneficial to me to hate? Why? Is it beneficial to others? Why? What perspective is beneficial? Why? Is it possible to attain the more beneficial perspective? How? Why?

Nicely said Sahabi,

I apologize; when people speak in absolutes, I sometimes fear they mean absolutes. It worries me when people say to love everyone. And despite their good intention, I feel compelled to fight back and defend love's honor. Love should be shared between people you actually love, rather than shared between people you feel you have to love.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Dear Sahabi,

Regardless of who is able to see how powerful your thread is, it captures the beginning and the end of our very existance and origin.

If more can see how powerful it is what you managed to lay down in words, we will be so much closer to ourselves, our neighbours, and our Father. Of course, it is not that we will actually be closer, it will only be that the illusion of singularity, of ego and identity will deminish and reality (wholistic/holistic unity or oneness) will be experienced more profoundly.

What a perfectly balanced creation he has made. All His mansions right up to the highest vibration and soul region in prefect harmony, balanced by yin and yang, everything as it should be. I know it sounds strange to most, but things are exactly the way they should be, otherwise they would have been different.

Man as creative being, part of the creative power, can make a difference in his reality if we practice what Buddha advised one of his disciples when asked what he can do to help create a better world.

He said:
Before you speak, act or think, as yourself 3 questions:
1. Is it kind
2. Is it true
3. Is it necesarry.

Thank you, I enjoyed your opening post.
When we are give good food for thought, eat and nourish yourself!
It is not always necesarry to analise/critisize or debate.

Some truths could simply be recieved with grace and gratitude.
Even on a forum.
Especially on a forum, where so much unnecesarry, unkind, and untrue words are posted.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Do not interpret? Sorry, I'm curious by nature. All we have is our interpretation. When someone spits their dogma in my face, it is my duty as a free individual to interpret and set value on them. Ideas and dogmas I've heard before, or have been spoken about ad nauseum, don't need interpretation.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Trying to follow you .... Are you saying you think God is a 'thought form' perhaps?
ATS thread - Is God A Thought Form?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If you can prove God is not merely an idea, then you will have a new convert on your hands, and I will sing praise to the lord until I die. But until that time, I can only take fact as fact, and regard fiction as fiction.

I thought you were serious when you wrote this so i posted these links for you to watch previously;
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Did you watch them?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That is lovely, yes, you really got It. I think this discovery that God is All and God is Love and all Identity is God's Self knowing ---I think this honest and clear understanding is the only way we are going to solve the problems of relationships to each other and in the world.

The change of perspective and the new view of "who we are" will happen within each of us and then the world 'picture' will change. All that is no longer based on the Truth will fade away in the Sunshine of Truth. We are coming to realize our True Selfhood, that we are all 'made of' the Light of God, this is the time we really wake up.

As each one of us arrives at this New View of Who we are, as we make this Self-discovery, we will change how things are 'in the world'.

Then, as you say, to know we realize that we have a choice as to how we think and feel, we choose the attitude we want to live. We know that Love is the only answer that really works, based in the Truth that God is All.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Leave every 'thing' for one moment and meet God.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I thought you were serious when you wrote this so i posted these links for you to watch previously;
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Did you watch them?

Yes, I watched and remain unconvinced. Youtube at least has charm in remaining unconvincing. Show me a book I can sink my teeth into, or at least something longer than 9 minutes. If you'd like to start a new thread on the subject, I can discuss it there. I refuse to pollute Sahabi's thread with side-battles on mysticism, and wish to remain on topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join