It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!!! Now this is the greatest facepalm of all time. (Perhaps)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
I actually chuckled a bit out loud... A good tree produced good fruit, with a side of persecution... Praise God. Healers are rare nowadays, partly due to the lack of faith, which obviously, the healer didn't have to worry about.

I think the previous replies were asking for a news article or evidence of the story you posted.

It's not a lack of faith per se, but hundreds of years of sessasionist doctrine and failure to teach men the authority they have been given in Christ as adopted sons and daughters into the kingdom of God (authority of God).

Or as a wise man one said:

"You cannot throw faith into a vacuum called ignorance."

People need to be taught first (information), then they need to know where that authority rests (foundation stone) for faith (complete trust) to be activated without doubt (blueprint) which is the primary catalyst towards the end result which is a miracle for the sick person's healing or deliverance and the Lord's glory alone (endzone).

edit on 19-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well---if that was real----it should have come complete with the supply of understanding for language.

That would be what god would do with such power.

Sounds like some like fabels. imho

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Well---if that was real----it should have come complete with the supply of understanding for language.

That would be what god would do with such power.

Sounds like some like fabels. imho

It doesn't take a miracle from the hand of God to learn to understand and speak a language. Babies do it all the time when they grow up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So basically they were "healed" and are suddenly able to hear...but because they don't understand spoken language? So they didn't make a sound after suddenly hearing?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOVER!!

It makes no sense folks can't understand a spoken language without being taught the languages unique phonetics? All they knew was sign language, not spoken language. Let's illustrate this point in the reverse:

Lets say you had a terrible accident and you lost the ability to hear completely, would you immediately know sign language or would it have to be taught to you?

No...but I would still react differently to that person trying to communicate with me

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've always noticed it took real intelligence to notice when Jesus was figuratively speaking, per seeing and hearing.

Most of higher intelligence know there are not any miracles of this literal type. imho

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So basically they were "healed" and are suddenly able to hear...but because they don't understand spoken language? So they didn't make a sound after suddenly hearing?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOVER!!

It makes no sense folks can't understand a spoken language without being taught the languages unique phonetics? All they knew was sign language, not spoken language. Let's illustrate this point in the reverse:

Lets say you had a terrible accident and you lost the ability to hear completely, would you immediately know sign language or would it have to be taught to you?

No...but I would still react differently to that person trying to communicate with me

The complaint was the students weren't doing what he said, not that they didn't hear anything at all or stared out the window. They didn't "understand" what he was saying to them.

I'm sure they signed back to their teacher:

"Yo broski, we have no idea what you're telling us to do, or saying. You aren't making sense."

And he was like:

"Sure I am, I know what I'm saying, I'm saying it clearly enough, they know English for Pete's sake."

LOL teacher didn't realize they never were taught phonetics being deaf people. The first part of foreign language class always starts off with learning their particular phonetics.

edit on 19-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I've always noticed it took real intelligence to notice when Jesus was figuratively speaking, per seeing and hearing.

Most of higher intelligence know there are not any miracles of this literal type. imho

Like I said earlier, why the heck would the students go to a doctor to get a medical 2nd opinion that they could hear sounds for the first time in their life. Seems you could skip a trip to the doctor for that one.

Student: "Hey doctor, can I hear?"

Doctor: "I have no idea, can you hear?"

Student: "Yes, but I need a 2nd opinion."

Doctor: "Well then, yes, you can hear."

Student: "Great, thanks so much!"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Where did this happen? I'd like to look in to it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Like I said earlier, why the heck would the students go to a doctor to get a medical 2nd opinion that they could hear sounds for the first time in their life. Seems you could skip a trip to the doctor for that one.

Student: "Hey doctor, can I hear?"

Doctor: "I have no idea, can you hear?"

Student: "Yes, but I need a 2nd opinion."

Doctor: "Well then, yes, you can hear."

Student: "Great, thanks so much!"

Perhaps you need to learn to write much more clearly. Are you telling a story from recent history and if so where were the students and what school.

If you are doing your typical misreading of the Jesus stories on deaf persons hearing suddenly, then such happens where Jesus explains how a certain verse was written and the issues of figuratively speaking.

Back in Jesus times a few could read and many more had the stories read to them. Most didn't understand what was being read to them, so Jesus explained the details in much more depth, so the phrase deaf men to hear would be used.

Case in point is that most didn't understand the story of Moses and the Burning Bush, but Jesus telling the deeper story of volcanic zones and oil of vitrol type emissions would help them hear the real message.

Some for the theme of blind man to see, as even many of the readers of the Bible stories were not understood by those that could read, but when Jesus explained the figurative lanquage of Moses then the man was no longer blind to what he just read.

Thus, there are no miracles. There are fanciful wordings about persons that could not understand what was read or what was read to them. Thus, these are figurative issues which Jesus explained thus given understanding for those once blind to what was really being read or those deaf to what was being told to them.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Cool, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Where did this happen? I'd like to look in to it.

Man, I don't know, I'll try and research it for you if you want. But I feel that will be an enormous waste of my time.

Can't you guys just pre-select a response and save me all the effort?

A: The guy is lying.
B: The kids weren't really deaf.
C: There's obviously a natural explanation for this we don't know about yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is sounding like another item you pulled out of thin air.

No references to when and where, just something that sounds like an '___' trip's recount. All disjointed reasoning, and can't even supply the date or periods, locations, etc. Lots of run around nonsense.

Just more nonsoupported religious rubbish. Typical

Obviously, the moral of this story is the Typical Preacher has no clothes.
edit on 20-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: No Clothes for the King either

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is sounding like another item you pulled out of thin air.

No references to when and where, just something that sounds like an '___' trip's recount. All disjointed reasoning, and can't even supply the date or periods, locations, etc. Lots of run around nonsense.

Just more nonsoupported religious rubbish. Typical

Obviously, the moral of this story is the Typical Preacher has no clothes.

No, I'm not LDS. Don't listen to their missionaries.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Man, I don't know, I'll try and research it for you if you want. But I feel that will be an enormous waste of my time.
Jeez, I figured if you're going to post stories such as these, you'd have some idea if it really happened, and where it might have taken place.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Jeez, I figured if you're going to post stories such as these, you'd have some idea if it really happened, and where it might have taken place.

When you're used to the miracle working hand of God, stories like these from missionaries are just plain commonplace. You're still a skeptic though, I passed that threshold a long, long time ago friend.

Can't you guys just pre-select a response and save me all the effort?

Just pick one and save me the time, I made it easy, multiple choice.

edit on 20-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No references to when and where, just something that sounds like an '___' trip's recount.

No, I'm not LDS. Don't listen to their missionaries.

Good to see that you agree that missionaries telling stories of sorcery are on '___' trips, and don't support them.

China has always had a good fix for sorcery, just check the John Birch and Bill Wallace story.

====

en.wikipedia.org...(missionary)

John Morrison Birch (May 8, 1918 – August 25, 1945) was an American military intelligence officer and a Baptist missionary in World War II

=====

www.amazon.com...

Bill Wallace served as a medical missionary in China for nearly twenty years

========

Total miracles there too, and they zoomed off to heaven too.

edit on 20-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Sorcery stories in foreign lands

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sounds like one of Dave Allens jokes to me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Just pick one and save me the time, I made it easy, multiple choice.

D: I don't know.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Thats C.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

Thats C.
No, I meant I don't know if he's lying, or if the kids were never deaf, or if this was some allegorical story, or if this did happen but there is some other explanation, or if a god actually healed a bunch of deaf kids.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join