It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to buy a Dog for Protection from Animal Shelter here in NC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I already have one Dog but he lives with my Mother. I live with my boyfriend and he has 3 cats and does not want me to have a Dog. I decided I was going to save a Dog from the Shelter today! I also needed the Protection so I went to the local Shelter. I went to the office area and asked what the process was. They handed me a paper Animal Control Services Animal Adoption Contract. I read over the information and was ok with it until the part where I was forced to have the animal Spayed or Neutered. I was like, Do I have to force this before they will release the animal? They indicated-Yes. I have to make an appointment with a Vet and have the Dog Spayed and Neutered and Rabies Shot before I could take the animal. So this would mean a 60.00 to 100.00 adoptive fee for the Shelter and a 200.00 fee for the surgery and then the Rabies SHot 12.00 no big deal..and if I wanted to do the full round of shots- 150.00 more.

I get there with like 50.00 thinking I could save a Dog and have Protection. The Shelter is making it so expensive I cannot even afford a Dog from the Shelter. The Shelter complained that they had destroyed over 7000 pets and that is why they forced whomever adopting to Spay and Neuter.

Animals and mainly Dogs are being destroyed because the average person cannot afford to go through the so-called money making process of adopting a simple Dog!

Dogs are the Only Protection that we have from Alien Beings!

This made me think- I started looking around for homes that had Dog Houses in their Yards! There are None! The average Pet is being destroyed!

The Aliens that have infiltrated the Human Race have done this to Rid the Earth of our only Detection and Protection From them.

I know that some of you may find this silly..Take this Serious and look around for the Average Dog..they are disappearing!
edit on 13-4-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

i have four of them... would you like me to send you one? Real cheap.

i jest, they are my buddies.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Fewer dogs live outside in boxes or on chains. The majority of pets now live inside the house with the rest of the family! Mine do... all four Great Danes!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's odd. Here, they usually spay or neuter and chip at the SPCA before adopting the animal out. The adoption fees cover the cost of the procedure, unless it's a puppy. If it's a puppy, wouldn't you expect to pay for that and shots anyway?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree with you completely. It's like there needs to be a official news flash for these people that cats and dogs CAN and WILL survive in the wild if we would just : Leave them the bleep ALONE!!!! To sell an animal that needs a home for $200.00 is downright, in-your-face crimina,l to me. I'm not talking about people who sell their animals. I'm talking about these so called animal shelters who are profiting off of selling animals who would have done just fine if they had not imprisoned them.
I am not a PETA or animal activist. Just using common sense.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sadly most dont do it 1st (spaying-neutering)...because they dont know if theyll have to destroy the animal if it doesnt get adopted out.

Still, nothing is free these days...and animal adoptions and certifications are really high...and higher than some potentially great owners can afford.

Thanks for caring enough to adopt tho!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I didnt expect the forced spayed and neutered. I mean, I am talking about a Animal Shelter. People around here cannot afford 300-400 dollars to adopt a pet. I got my last 2 dogs from the same shelter, and back then they did not require the spay and neuter. Just think if you stop the reproduction of a species, they die out.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Leigh3

Its funny how you wake up to the most simple tactics! I just wanted a simple dog!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Thank YOU!! I need a WOLF!! LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I agree. Here also.
If you adopt a pet it should already have it's shots, if not the complete series they should give you a 'gift certificate' for, at the very least, a discount. Same with the spaying/neutering. Our spca's cost about $75 but give you a coupon for a free spay/neuter. Because of the number of animals that need adopted, they often offer 1/2 off the adoption fee with all the frills.
Please adopt. Wait until you find one that you can connect with. You'll know.
and to quote Bob Barker, 'Please get your pet spayed or neutered'.
I live in the country and it is so so sad how many are just plain dumped on my road.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

I've got 3 dogs - all shelter dogs. That does sound a little steep for the cost, but remember - animal shelters are non-profit organizations, so the money goes right back to helping the animals. My animal shelter is a no-kill facility, meaning they don't ever euthanize the animals, unless they are too sick to live and are suffering. But they are very strict about not releasing any animals who aren't spayed or neutered. Just look at all the animal shelters across the country, and you will see thousands and thousands of cats/dogs, so there are too many animals who are just breeding more homeless and unwanted animals. Because of this, I totally understand the spay/neuter rule.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

I understand what you are saying, but is the reproduction of a mutt considered 'saving a species' ?l
If you want to help a breed, buy a purebred and go from there. There are a lot of endangered breeds that could use human interaction...

A few years ago there were alot of wild mixed chows running our country neighborhood. They were dangerous, killing livestock and threatening to attack people (me included). that's messed up when you are afraid to go to your own barn.
also a few years ago there were a bunch of wild cats running around. I trapped a few and rehomed one which was instantly diagnosed with feline leukemia. not good.

edit on 13-4-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

But the opposite would be lots of unwanted puppies that have to be put down. That is why they require it. Blame the capitalist system of profit making, not the shelter. It's that system that makes it unfair for those of us at the bottom of the economic pyramid.

If they didn't make it a requirement they would have far more unwanted dogs to deal with. State shelters are not really for finding homes for animals, but to keep them off the street, if they get adopted they're lucky.

Dogs are not good protection from aliens, you should try Clozaril or something. (just kidding)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This made me think- I started looking around for homes that had Dog Houses in their Yards! There are None! The average Pet is being destroyed!

The Aliens that have infiltrated the Human Race have done this to Rid the Earth of our only Detection and Protection From them.

I know that some of you may find this silly..Take this Serious and look around for the Average Dog..they are disappearing!

Our dogs are all above average now, our homes are their homes.

Now they're inside the house with us, protecting us even better

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You might have a point there. Dogs can detect a lot of other things, why not aliens? Dogs were also used to detect Terminators in the first movie.

We need to capture one to train them with though. Any ideas?

edit on 4/13/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Yep, I have a German Shepherd and a Chocolate Lab, and, of course, both of them live in the house. They are members of the family after all. They do have a big fenced in back yard, but they don't stay out there. I don't like to see dogs on chains outside. When do their people play and interact with them?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leigh3
I agree with you completely. It's like there needs to be a official news flash for these people that cats and dogs CAN and WILL survive in the wild if we would just : Leave them the bleep ALONE!!!! To sell an animal that needs a home for $200.00 is downright, in-your-face crimina,l to me. I'm not talking about people who sell their animals. I'm talking about these so called animal shelters who are profiting off of selling animals who would have done just fine if they had not imprisoned them.
I am not a PETA or animal activist. Just using common sense.

Sorry, have to disagree with you. I live in a rural area. I can't tell you how many starving pet dogs I've taken to animal shelters...why you ask. Because idiots for whatever stupid reasons, drive up here and dump them. Just like you, they think they'll survive just fine in the wild. That food grows on trees. A water bowl on every corner.

They don't!!!...They starve, get sick, are exposed to the elements....all because some idiot got tired of taking care of them.

People up here who are kind hearted take them in, feed them. Pay for vet biils to get them back in good health. They find homes for them when they can. They keep them as pets. Take them to no kill shelters when there is room for them.

The people who are just fed up with them forming packs and killing calves, chickens....shoot them.

I have 3 of them. Spay and Neuter. PLEASE! Half the dogs dumped up here are pregnant females....

Des

edit on 13-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Domesticated pets should NEVER be left out in the elements!

That's just cruel....

I remember a story I saw on the news several years ago about a dog that was chained up outside and forgotten / ignored. (I think it was a golden retriever mix)

When it was found, starving and dehydrated, The poor thing had gotten the chain wrapped around its front leg somehow, in such a way, it cut off the circulation, and most of the leg had rotted off.... just had three dirt covered bones about 6 inches long poking out below the chain.....

Don't remember if they ever caught the owners, but the dog lived...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrVulture
Domesticated pets should NEVER be left out in the elements!

That's just cruel....

Absolutely agree with this. IMO, the best thing is a dog door. Our dogs can go out when they want to, and come inside when they want to. They're just like us people -- during nice weather, they spend most of the day outside -- during the really cold or hot months, they spend most time in the house. No dog houses needed, because our home is their dog house.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I agree with you there but how did cats and dogs survive before animal shelters existed? They obviously did just fine because they are not extinct.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join