It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Meat eaters must cut consumption by half to forestall climate change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Eat MOAR BEEF! Diminish the numbers of belching, farting, and manureing cattle so they can't change our climate with their gaseous vapors.

Then we'll start in on the chikins.

edit on 4/13/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
And what will they do about bio fuel ?

How much fertilizer will be needed for those crops ?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Your thread produced this

I read about this in 2011, but it was for specifically black people.

I can not believe some one would type this unless they needed some help with there issuses

Do all the carnivourous animals on the planet have to turn vegan to save the planet (im thinking big cats tigers lions leopards and the like)
Maybe the UN should ban Farting
But i fear this will not be enough
We need to eat more meat which would cut down these tasty consumerables effort to put moore methane in the atmosphere
Steak pork chop anyone im hungry
Veal for me before it's even had a chance too moo or fart

Cran

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Here's what I'd like to know, I was thinking about it the other day. It's obvious the best thing to prevent climate change would probably be to just kill all humans.

But where do human rights start and stop when it comes to climate change? Where do business rights start and stop? Where's the line? Do humans have any rights at all in this situation?

What is justifiable and not justifiable when it comes to stopping climate change? Like if the government said, well to stop climate change we're going to have to kill off 40% of the population? Is that justifiable? Is ANY and EVERY extreme justifiable when it comes to climate change? Do they have a right to tell people they can't eat as much meat? Does anyone have the right to tell business they can't sell as much meat?

Does every time the phrase "climate change" come out of someone's mouth mean everyone has to automatically bow down and worship it? Is it the automatic authority of all? If so then I think climate change has become its own religion in my opinion. If we're going to be on this planet then we're going to be on this planet and should have some say so in our own lives. If not then why even be here at all?

What rights do businesses have? Like if the government says we have to shut down 40% of all factories one day to stop climate change, is that okay? Can your private property just be taken from you for the "greater good" and to make "green zones"? Is there ever a situation where a persons rights over rule what someone else wants to do to prevent "climate change"?

It may seem like a weird question, but I noticed, it's a question NOBODY is asking or talking about. I don't know what the answer is, but before we go changing everything, I think it's a conversation we should be having.
edit on 13-4-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
maybe we can grind up the GW deniers and make them into fertilizer

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
maybe we can grind up the GW deniers and make them into fertilizer

See, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about right here. Climate change people LITERALLY want to kill other humans to stop climate change. It's not a joke. Here's one right here. Someone that wants to MURDER other people to stop climate change.

Is that really an option? Don't humans have any rights at all? It's really a question we should be talking about. It's too serious not to be asking that question.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'll gladly reduce my meat intake, if they will stop their adulteration of our medicine, food, water and air.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace

Your thread produced this

I read about this in 2011, but it was for specifically black people.

I can not believe some one would type this unless they needed some help with there issuses

I was only telling you what I was reading about, because it was about Nuwaupians and they are black people. My bad... Sorry to offend

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Now, I have tried to go vegetarian. I am doing a lot more rice and beans, a lot less (almost no red meat), 3 oz of fish or chicken (wild fish / free range, organic chicken) about 3 times a week and taking 3 big Omega Fish Oil gel caps a day.

My bad cholesterol count has gone drastically down, my doctor was so astonished he had the blood test redone he could not believe how good my cholestrol count is now.

I've lost more weight, feel better, eating a lot more fruits and veggies, wild rice and beans and actually week by week feel better.

To feed one cow (I know I grew up on a small farm) takes a lot more grain. Pound per pound grain going directly to people vs cattle is more economical.

You might find Ervin Lazlo's books interesting.

Plus the methane from cows, pigs, sheep and all livestock is amazing. I know this for a fact, I worked around them 365 days for a few years.

Plus, we are killing (and not humanely) tens of millions of animals a day.

I worked for a company that serviced the insurance needs for one of the biggest companies that "processes" pigs and the number of pigs killed every 24 hours alone in America is beyond belief.

Now, once the Chinese and Indians (and there are billions of them) get the hang of meat eating, which stats say they are really getting into it like we are..............we're really going to be up to our necks in cow pies.

BTW: Cows excrete mega amounts of feces and it is really icky and while ours grew the best tomatoes, now with all the growth hormones and GMO corn and antibiotics and ??? you are talking this %$*& getting into our water tables, our soil, our air.

What we feed one cow could easily feed a lot more people than that cow when butchered will feed.

Mathematically, unless we seriously reduce the world population (which the elite want anyway) we had better start eating a lot less meat.

edit on 13-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

And yes you also are correct too. The earth and all the planets in our galaxy are now heating up.

It's a cycle from my understanding as well.

Starred your comment.

But still for me, I'm eating less meat and feel better physically and morally (but that is my own decision and my own opinion, not judging anyone else out there).

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Ever wonder why so many people are really obese????

Now, if factory farmers are putting growth hormones in their cattle, that has got to be in the meat and passed on to whoever eats that meat.

In other words, you eat a cow that was given growth hormones and you partake of some of that junk, wonder if it accumulates in the body?

I grew up on a farm. Our tomatoes, corn, beans, cows, chickens, sheep, tasted nothing like what you folks get at your grocery stores now - not near the flavor.

And we never got sick or fat.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We have cut our consumption of beef in half already. We only buy half a head of beef a year now.
Ours is grown organically and humanely by people we know. Well, except for the last day I guess.

edit on 13-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Translation: the globalist "elite" rulers want more for themselves and less for you and me.

They even make videos about it.

edit on 13-4-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
Couldn't agree more.

No form of life is more important than any other. That is self-evident to me. I see no problem with meat eating... As long as you hunt and kill your own animal.

But commercially raised meat has a huge carbon footprint, and cutting the consumption of animals raised in these unsustainable and often cruel ways is a no-brainer to me.

I don't see how anyone could kill an animal, and then to cook and eat it? Just boggles my mind. Killing an animal should be illegal as well as consuming one.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
Bro! He's saying eat less meat to keep your body cool in the summer.

I keep it cool in summer...with some cold beer - while barbecueing some tasty meat. Oh yeah

Fun fact: I'm eating vienna sausage filled with cheese, wrapped in bacon right now and i love it
As Homer said: You don't win friends with salad

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
By Suzanne Goldenberg, The Guardian
Friday, April 13, 2012 11:36 EDT -- The Raw Story

Experts are claiming that it will take less meat eating to overcome climate change.

They say it's the fertilizers and animal manure that release nitrous oxide into the atmosphere, causing the greenhouse effect. All because of feed crops for the animals.

We have until 2050 to prevent catastrophic global warming according to (undoubtedly well paid) Eric Davidson, director of the Woods Hole Research Centre in Massachusetts.

The article has some solutions as well.

Meat eaters in developed countries will have to eat a lot less meat, cutting consumption by 50%, to avoid the worst consequences of future climate change, new research warns.

The fertilisers used in farming are responsible for a significant share of the warming that causes climate change.

A study published in Environmental Research Letters warns that drastic changes in food production and at the dinner table are needed by 2050 in order to prevent catastrophic global warming.

Smells like Agenda 21 again.

That is so damn funny!

You do realize that herbivores "fart" more than carnivores so thus the tree hugging community produces more methane than the predator class does.

Try again PETA....got fail all over this idea....
edit on 4/14/2012 by Damrod because: stuff

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelligence101

Life feeds on life, but you're right we hopefully will evolve enough to realize that we don't have kill another being.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's all well and good if some people want to eat food other than meat.

The problem with all these mad scientist studies and reports and recommendations is the money.

These experts and intellectuals make $millions off the initial reports and from the subsequent speaking engagements.

For example: this report talks about fertilizer use to grow feed crops being the problem.

But says nothing about the extra crops needed for humans to replace the meat

Not to mention all the exhaled hot air from the mad scientists themselves adding to global warming

I wonder how much vegetable based ink was wasted printing all the reports and all the money and stock certificates ?

And for every environmental report, there's always a conflicting report by a different mad scientist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join