It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Meat eaters must cut consumption by half to forestall climate change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Study: Meat eaters must cut consumption by half to forestall climate change
By Suzanne Goldenberg, The Guardian
Friday, April 13, 2012 11:36 EDT -- The Raw Story

Experts are claiming that it will take less meat eating to overcome climate change.

They say it's the fertilizers and animal manure that release nitrous oxide into the atmosphere, causing the greenhouse effect. All because of feed crops for the animals.

We have until 2050 to prevent catastrophic global warming according to (undoubtedly well paid) Eric Davidson, director of the Woods Hole Research Centre in Massachusetts.

The article has some solutions as well.

Meat eaters in developed countries will have to eat a lot less meat, cutting consumption by 50%, to avoid the worst consequences of future climate change, new research warns.

The fertilisers used in farming are responsible for a significant share of the warming that causes climate change.

A study published in Environmental Research Letters warns that drastic changes in food production and at the dinner table are needed by 2050 in order to prevent catastrophic global warming.

Smells like Agenda 21 again.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
YESSSSSS!~

I read about this in 2011, but it was for specifically black people.

It was saying that meat raises the body temperature and how we should eat only raw fruits and veggies to stay cool.

I'm going to try this in the summer time, hopefully it makes a greater difference.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
:O
edit on 13-4-2012 by MrRottenTreats because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I also heard that cutting down on the intake of meat would reduce my flatulence. Now why would I want to do that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

Bro! He's saying eat less meat to keep your body cool in the summer.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

Bro! He's saying eat less meat to keep your body cool in the summer.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm sorry but what a load of horse manure! First it was cow farts, now this? The temperature changes that are occurring are a natural cycle of the earth.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
YESSSSSS!~

Say what?

2nd.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When you take the burger from my cold dead hands. I'll probably be gone by 2050 anyway

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Oh ye, the black people part. Have you heard of Nuwaupians?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more.

No form of life is more important than any other. That is self-evident to me. I see no problem with meat eating... As long as you hunt and kill your own animal.

But commercially raised meat has a huge carbon footprint, and cutting the consumption of animals raised in these unsustainable and often cruel ways is a no-brainer to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Hell no, I can't stop farting since having given up meat. I also find myself pooping 3-4 times a day, where as I used to only poop once or twice. I feel healthier, though, and that's whats important.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Never! screw that I am Lachanophobic I would starve to death lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Why would any of us want to hear about your bowel movements and flatulence?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm sorry but what a load of horse manure! First it was cow farts, now this? The temperature changes that are occurring are a natural cycle of the earth.

I'll eat a steak to that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Given the climate change email scandal and the many other scientists saying we're heading into a global cooling pattern, I don't believe any of this global warming crap anymore. Global warming "scientists" are about as bad as politicians these days.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There are very few things left in this world that can still make me laugh out loud. That headline turned out to be one of them.

My eternal thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
But if we don't eat meat than the world will be overpopulated with chickens, cows, pigs, and all other delicious animals and they will soon gain revenge on all of us.... this hamburger in my hand is homeland security.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
YESSSSSS!~

It was saying that meat raises the body temperature and how we should eat only raw fruits and veggies to stay cool.

I'm going to try this in the summer time, hopefully it makes a greater difference.

Is that the Ayurvedic (sp?) stuff?
If so, it would have probably been aimed at East Indians, although they don't eat their cows....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm a member of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. Arghhhhhh

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join